Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

11 hours ago, Urlan said:

What if his 4 Laser was an imitation of the Eidolon's laser cannon? Like an Exalted Rifle or something? Would that mesh better with his theme of being molded to imitate the Eidolons and perhaps be their avatar?

I think that could be pretty cool actually.

1) Change enthrall to something more similar to Titania's 3. Instead of floating away, it is a shining vertical beacon that attracts (ahem ENTHRALLS ahem) enemies. This forces them to group, which offers MUCH better synergy for Rev's 3. Remove the cap since these enemies will not be attacking. Since the potential number of targets has now gone way up, instead of the current damage pillars upon death (I mean, keep em if ya want), but instead I think each body should then explode with x projectiles, going up by either rank or power strength.

[Now that I think of it, maybe instead of casting on an enemy, you can just cast the pillar on a set location. Maybe that pillar fires a continuous stream of projectiles, and each time it hits an enemy, that is how that thing becomes enthralled. I like the idea above better however, for practicality]

2) Maybe tone down the def of this ability, or adjust it somewhat since you could potentially just zip through groups nonstop and potentially be invincible.

3) Keep

4) Something like your idea, or another ability based on some of the cool and iconic eidolon attacks. Be it aoe dd, aoe damage fields, something. With your idea, they could keep the current dynamic dmg type mechanic.

Edited by Fonk
Clarity
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, i'm new to this kind of things but i really wanted to share my thoughts about this last amazing warframe...
I'm a player that comes from the ps4 so i may have missed some older topics about its kit.
After playing him on every kind of mission and scenario that's what i'd like to see to shave away some of the
"problems" i may have seen and make him a 100% well rounded warframe.
i'd likely change it's passive into one that grants him the possibility to cicle its abilities
without runnig out of energy and become useless:
-Sentient Flow:[When an enthralled enemy dies it grants 5% of Revenant missing energy]. (5% it's a sample that should be balanced)
    In this way after ending all the energy because of -Dance Macabre un can kinda gain back some energy
    to cicle between -Enthrall -Mesmer Skin -Reave to the point where the energy you take back from the passive goes to zero
    so that you can eventually dance once more and repeat the cicle; to be completelly honest i think its passive 
    it's way to useless and inconsistent at the time being.
-Another thing i have noticed it's the super slow cast time for its first, second and third ability that gives to me
    the impression of being a super old and rusted machine.
    (with the use of [natural talent] this iusse it's completely eliminated, but i'd like to use some other
    mods like an augmented or stuff and have for examle a 25% faster cast by default);
-The last thing i have noticed it's about how you take back staks for your -Mesmer Skin through your third ability,
    i personnally would like put a cap at 10-12 staks and grant 2 staks for enthralled enemy u go through or give a stak for every enemey you go through.
In the end i think that overall those changes would make him more solid and fluid to play, a massive number of hit at high level will still be able to kill you without the use of arcanes
and mods like [quick thinking] or [gladiator finesse].

I hope these changes can be helpfull in some way even if they may not see a real application. 

• Like 1

Okay actually. After some further thinking, I present my final (and ultimately fruitless) proposal:

New passive: Bonuses based on new INFLUENCE mechanic. Could add overshield based on this perhaps?

Enthrall here means put to sleep, or forced to walk towards his 4 if it is active. The whole minion mechanic as it stands will be scrapped.

1) Reave: If there is to be a delay still, make his movement controllable. If there is to be no control, make this instant. Regardless, allow vertical movement. Remove overshield and healing mechanic. Each enemy he passes through is now enthralled for a duration. Each enthralled enemy that remains living contributes to his INFLUENCE. 

[I want this ability to make you feel like a sentient/ghost. And going through your enemies makes it feel like you're haunting them]

2)Mesmer Skin: Can keep it similar. However, it will start off weak. He will have stacking dmg absorption based on his INFLUENCE. It isn't a direct relationship, but each additional point of influence adds x absoprtion based off per, health, armor, etc. The idea is that is rewards defensive play AND aggressive play. If he can aggressively enthrall without taking much dmg, this shield can get quite high for 

3) Consume: All enemies under Rev's influence take x dmg increased by rank, power, and INFLUENCE. Enemies killed by consume drop heal orbs, or straight up provide healing to group.

[This is your trade off ability, offense for defense. It also displays Revs dominance over his thralls/INFLUENCE minions]

4) Rapture: Rev sends a pillar of violent, swarming Eidolon energy to the sky/ceiling. Projectiles frequently are shot from the swirling vortex causing damage to their targets. The number of number of projectiles (maybe just their dmg?) increases as Rev's INFLUENCE increases. Enemies within a radius boostable by Range increase Rev's INFLUENCE. Projectiles should have adaptive dmg like his current Danse Macabre.

[This both increases his ability to deal with groups, but also prevents him from being overpowered for TOO long. Eventually he'll be so strong that he does so much dmg that everything dies, resetting his power. It's basically Saryn with a built in 4 to cut her short]

Of course this isn't perfect, and probably won't be anything close to what his kit will be.

I also think my version of Reave has room for a power back mechanic like Nidus. 

Edited by Fonk

6 hours ago, (XB1)LoneDionysius said:

I actually love the smoke trails for Revenant as it makes him just a bit more "special". No other frames as far as I know has this (imo) awesome extra and to me that makes him stand out a bit more. I wouldn't like to see a direct removal of this but maybe lessen it depending on energy color chosen. 

Dependent on energy color?... Hell no thanks. I don't want to always play with black energy color...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (XB1)LoneDionysius said:

I actually love the smoke trails for Revenant as it makes him just a bit more "special". No other frames as far as I know has this (imo) awesome extra and to me that makes him stand out a bit more. I wouldn't like to see a direct removal of this but maybe lessen it depending on energy color chosen. 

Making it based off energy color would be even worse.

So the Phantasma is Revenants signature weapon, i like them both.

But would it not have been great if mesmer skin acted like a quick thinking all those times you use the secondary fire and a teammate runns by.

Died many times from selfdamage. The weapon have inate pounchthrough but not for sec fire mode.

Adding a punchthrough mod solves the issue, but yeah. Would be a nice bonus if mesmer skin had dmg reduction of some sort on self damage.

• Like 1

Well even without the enemy impact enhancement he has a point, to the armored (and depending on the level shield units too) your pillars damage just drips like a peb- no correction, like a meteor.

As far as I've seen from update 23.8 the pillars the themselves no longer do their puncture damage and the impact missle take waaaaay too long to spawn and track enemies not to mention you pillars can block bullets which sucks with explosives if you aren't careful.

The pillars hit box needs to be changed to something like oberon's carpet and they either need adaptive damage or slash (cause slash procs scale better than any other IPS) and either/or need to be able to proc to scale.

As a damage caster he has no real damage outside of his 4 and I don't like spinning all day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fonk said:

Okay actually. After some further thinking, I present my final (and ultimately fruitless) proposal:

New passive: Bonuses based on new INFLUENCE mechanic. Could add overshield based on this perhaps?

Enthrall here means put to sleep, or forced to walk towards his 4 if it is active. The whole minion mechanic as it stands will be scrapped.

1) Reave: If there is to be a delay still, make his movement controllable. If there is to be no control, make this instant. Regardless, allow vertical movement. Remove overshield and healing mechanic. Each enemy he passes through is now enthralled for a duration. Each enthralled enemy that remains living contributes to his INFLUENCE. 

[I want this ability to make you feel like a sentient/ghost. And going through your enemies makes it feel like you're haunting them]

2)Mesmer Skin: Can keep it similar. However, it will start off weak. He will have stacking dmg absorption based on his INFLUENCE. It isn't a direct relationship, but each additional point of influence adds x absoprtion based off per, health, armor, etc. The idea is that is rewards defensive play AND aggressive play. If he can aggressively enthrall without taking much dmg, this shield can get quite high for 

3) Consume: All enemies under Rev's influence take x dmg increased by rank, power, and INFLUENCE. Enemies killed by consume drop heal orbs, or straight up provide healing to group.

[This is your trade off ability, offense for defense. It also displays Revs dominance over his thralls/INFLUENCE minions]

4) Rapture: Rev sends a pillar of violent, swarming Eidolon energy to the sky/ceiling. Projectiles frequently are shot from the swirling vortex causing damage to their targets. The number of number of projectiles (maybe just their dmg?) increases as Rev's INFLUENCE increases. Enemies within a radius boostable by Range increase Rev's INFLUENCE. Projectiles should have adaptive dmg like his current Danse Macabre.

[This both increases his ability to deal with groups, but also prevents him from being overpowered for TOO long. Eventually he'll be so strong that he does so much dmg that everything dies, resetting his power. It's basically Saryn with a built in 4 to cut her short]

Of course this isn't perfect, and probably won't be anything close to what his kit will be.

I also think my version of Reave has room for a power back mechanic like Nidus. 

Sounds neat for a mindslaving vampire theme, but aside from trying to work the Eidolon Skyfall attack, it doesn't take much from Eidolons. Very interesting idea though! Eidolons don't have any controlling aspects to their powers as far as we or the people of Cetus have observed, and even the original Sentient they are fragments of couldn't dominate organics. I have sorta felt that is part of the pull between what might be a tanky beam and tracking dps warframe (eidolon) and the fragile mind controlling vampire idea theme based of the fact that Eidolons are considered Undead Sentient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)LoneDionysius said:

I meant that darker energy types would make it less noticeable is all. Hell, I don't see anyone still complaining about Limbo and his ball o' seizures much anymore. Is this the new thing? 

It would limit colour choices. Thats all. (Thats one of my problems with Chroma too..)

6 hours ago, Urlan said:

Sounds neat for a mindslaving vampire theme, but aside from trying to work the Eidolon Skyfall attack, it doesn't take much from Eidolons. Very interesting idea though! Eidolons don't have any controlling aspects to their powers as far as we or the people of Cetus have observed, and even the original Sentient they are fragments of couldn't dominate organics. I have sorta felt that is part of the pull between what might be a tanky beam and tracking dps warframe (eidolon) and the fragile mind controlling vampire idea theme based of the fact that Eidolons are considered Undead Sentient.

Guilty! I wanted more of the vampire (Vlad) theme than the Eidolon. It's a fair call out lol. Either way, I hope they're still tweaking!

7 minutes ago, Fonk said:

Guilty! I wanted more of the vampire (Vlad) theme than the Eidolon. It's a fair call out lol. Either way, I hope they're still tweaking!

Kudos on that then! I think it shows through very well for a mind control themed vampire warframe.

3 hours ago, (XB1)LoneDionysius said:

I meant that darker energy types would make it less noticeable is all. Hell, I don't see anyone still complaining about Limbo and his ball o' seizures much anymore. Is this the new thing? 

people use light energy types for him because fashion frame. Those flames a awesome. It would be a big FUnif they forced us to hide them with a dark energy color.