Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC Update 23.5] Revenant Feedback Megathread

Marcooose

Maybe take a chance letting ONLY REVENANT be able to damage his thralls? I know the light pillars they leave behind is nice, but let the Revenant be the only one to do the damage. It'll turn into old Nyx all over again with teammates killing targets 2 seconds after being controlled. When the duration of it ends it can just work like Nyx and just inflict the damage they abosrbed over that time from other teammates to them.

Haven't read other feedback yet just spitballing from my time with Revenant:

Enthrall - It appears enemies affected by his 1 do not grand affinity on death. Could just be missing from the UI, not sure.
I'm not sure what the target limit is or what aspect of modding may effect it, so it would be nice if that were clarified.

Mesmer Skin - Great ability, although it really needs to work like Negation Swarm, wherein the charges can't be rapidly depleted (this is also how you make shield gates viable). The casting animation is a bit long.

Reave - Seems like a lot of energy for a moderate health recovery and movement ability. The startup is way too long for not having either damage reduction or iframes.

Dance Macabre - The ability only seems to deal gas damage/status for the low tier infested. It doesn't appear to have any interaction with cloned flesh (unarmored grineer), corpus flesh (unshielded), fossilized flesh, or robotic health, and it think it should. It would also be nice if this ability could reach a bit more upwards, even if it's only while boosting. Other than that, the ability is great.

Phantasma:
Instantly lethal self-damage is a very bad mechanic. The tracking of secondary fire could use some improvement, as they sometimes fail to track or end up tracking an enemy further from the point of impact. Fire rate mods don't currently effect the charge time of secondary fire. Very creative weapon - looks and sounds great!

Edited by Neightrix
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

Dance Macabre - The ability only seems to put of gas damage/status for the low tier infested. It doesn't appear to have any interaction with cloned flesh (unarmored grineer), corpus flesh (unshielded), fossilized flesh, or robotic health. It would also be nice if this ability could reach a bit more upwards, even if it's only while boosting. Other than that, the ability is great.

Danse Macabre does corrosive damage and procs to Grineer enemies and magnetic damage and procs to corpus enemies, tested it while leveling in onslaught, the damage seems faction based so I would assume it would continue to do that current damage type regardless of their current armour or shields.

Edited by BreezeKazero

well i was excited about it coming to console but after seeing what you have done to him and the majority of the feedback being well, im sure you can see for yourselves , not sop excited anymore, this is just bad ,idk who was in charge of the changes but for shame smh went from good fun  frame to what is this ? and 325 plat? for what your getting is not worth it ,sorry.

after playing him, and froma twice. i will say his kit is perfect with a few changes. 

his 1, allow more foes be taken control. 

his 2,  also add a buff to his shields since his 4 allows him to adapted to each foe to their weakness. lets have that for his shied as his two is on is takes in start of 30% less damage (as base stat at max rank)   

his three needs to be changed to 25 enegry as he is shield heavy in high levels is going to be needed the most. shields need to leech out of foes alot. also cast time to be cut down a bit. 

his 4, perfect as it is. if any nerf is going to happen to it. don't nerf damage but nerf how quickly he moves around, and slow down his speed of spin alittle. level scaling also needed to make him DPS useful in 50+ level foes. 

Passive ability: Awesome passive to counteract to aggressive enemies. Larger range can make it even better

1st abilty: Great ability however the energy pillars should give energy to allies and oneself since the damaging aspect is a little ineffective due to the range. Increasing the enthralls cap would be nice too.

2nd ability: Excellent ability for tankiness. However casting time should be a lot shorter. 

3rd ability: Honestly, I don't mind the FX of it. However, casting duration must be extremely short since this abilty is a means to escape from enemy restraint. Additionally, aiming and using this ability will help revenant maneuver similar to ivara's zipline.

4th ability: Best ability Im having fun with. If I would change anything about it would be using LMB to redirect the lazers to a single large damaging one to help elimnate tough targets like a Heavy gunner or a Nox so that they won't be a hindrance in the future. He should stop spinning by holding the LMB so Revenant can aim to the focus target.

Overall: Amazing frame with massive potential. The big problem would the casting time is super long. 

Edited by smartfood69

It's nice and all. Except for the fact his 1 becomes pretty meaningless once you start using his 2, unless you have only a bit of energy left. And most importantly- that 3. Reave is visually poor. Even excruciating to look at as a player tamed and in love with DE's usually excellent visual effects. It's just a flat smoke/fog fx/gif slapped in front of a transparent figure with a dashing animation similar to that of Hydroid's. 

Other than that, I think he is fine and hunky dory.

2 hours ago, GameOrDerp said:

Just got Revenant.

His 4th seems like the carrier ability of his entire kit. As soon as you have the Ability unlocked even without any strength mods it can deal with lvl 40s easily. And the other 3 Abilities just lose their purpose. Why enthrall anything if you can just mow it down. Why leech if you can just mow it down. Why protect yourself if you can just mow it down!

I think combining 1 and 2 would be a good start. Have anyone that damages you be automatically enthralled. And replace the second ability with like a suicide bomber command, where all your thralls will just die in an explosion or will just straight up run to the nearest enemy and explode with sentient energy.

But like honestly with the 4th Ability the other 3 just become irrelevant... better turn those 3 into revenant and bring them back

The game's complete lack of balance, coming back to bite it once more. If the game featured mini bosses on missions which required time and focused fire, you could use Enthrall to add minions, to help out. 

But with Warframe's gross lack of balance, 99.9% of content will always feature the question of "Why do X, when I can just kill all the things immediately instead?"

Irrelevant Warframe abilities are what happens when you falsely think balance is a non issue in a PVE game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Let the thralls absorb incoming friendly fire and explode with it once their duration runs out.

The problem is this should only work on the enemy you target or only one at a time, a bunch of invulnerable enemies is not good for alot of missions.

20 minutes ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

The problem is this should only work on the enemy you target or only one at a time, a bunch of invulnerable enemies is not good for alot of missions.

They are not invulnerable be default, so why would we need to make them invulnerable with this? It doesnt need to be true absortion we might call it chargeup, they continue to take damage and die from your shots and when that happens they blow up for the extra damage.

• Like 1

His 1 should have a cap of 12, but you can only directly infect 4 enemies, and each infected enemy can only infect another 2 ones, that plays with the mind control thing and  the dissease thing too without making rev a "I press 1 to control everything" since it needs to "ramp" the infestation.

His 2 should be recastable and charges should be able to stack, with each recast costing double the previous, and the cost gets reseted if the ability runs out completely.

His 3 should drain a fixed percent health and shield from each enemy ONLY ONCE and from revenants maximum health/shields, allowing it to scale into high level without being op. And if it colides with an afflicted enemy, it should also infect each enemy hit after that one.

His 4 should be an exalted weapon TBH, consuming health instead of energy overtime, revenant turns his arm into a "whip", each enemy killed gives him an aditional whip up to 5 total ones and if you spend more than 1 second without killing something, you lose all your charges. This allows for some interesting gameplay since the combos can be "wide" area attacks that scales well with ammount of whips, since the covered floor increases.

It also blocks any form of health regeneration aside his 3, making you chose to heal yourself or keep up with your damage since you will lose all charges casting the mist.

29 minutes ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Lets make that if you hit them with your 4, they just blow the hek away doing a small AOE damage based on damage absorved.

4 hours ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

radiation is one of the best for high level infested because a single proc anywhere within a healers aura disables the aura. procs on disruptor and toxic ancients also disable their auras.

I am fully aware. However, it's not worth losing so much damage.

My method of choice is to equip a Sentinel with the Vulklok modded for Radiation. With it's long range and high status, I always proc Radiation when I need it

Please make enthralls immune to ally fire. It's Mind Control 2.0 where people just don't pay attention or intentionally target these enemies rendering the health/shield regen and overshield drops irrelevant since the thralls are quickly killed by the team.

Ok ; so after testing, and formating revenant, i can only comment on one single issue :

Making Thrall is great, probably even greater in solo. But in multiplayer, it's difficult. Note that having pets that are killable by allies are great, better than Nekros shadows confusing everyone. But the issue is that Thrall are needed to make the synergy with Danse Macabre and get overshield. It's really hard to make it happens in a public group.

But the issue is somewhere else : the second spell, the armor, stun enemies and open them to energy-freee-Thralling; But that's a really clunky mechanic, long cast, situationnal, which cannot propelly be used without having a stun target dies before you can even cast anything on it. So far, the only way to get overshield is to play alone in a corner of the map. That's counter productive.

A simple change that  you could make would be : Enemies striking Revenant's Mesmer Skin should become instantly Thralls, allowing you to use the passive of your armor while channeling the ultimate and getting, then, overshield. (for a shorter duration than the first spell, and not being stunned at all, maybe.)

This simple change would make Thralling much easier, and would keep the first spell relevant (for its range, and non-condtionnal thralling), and it will alows to keep building overshield while channeling Danse macabre before losing Mesmer Skin.

(A castable Mesmer Skin during channeling would be really great, too)

Do you agree ?

Edited by dwqrf

36 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

They are not invulnerable be default, so why would we need to make them invulnerable with this? It doesnt need to be true absortion we might call it chargeup, they continue to take damage and die from your shots and when that happens they blow up for the extra damage.

Think nyxs mind control and why it gives immunity to friendly fire. In the same vain the initial thrall being invuln would allow it to infect without teammate interference since that's seemingly the primary function. But if all of the infected thralls are immune or resistant to friendly fire besides the initial one then that would drag certain missions on and make certain health sponge enemies harder or annoying to kill along with normal enemies too, depending on the squad.