Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Onslaught is just a computer simulation

Legion-Shields

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

Then why does experience earned on gear while in there carry over to the rest of the game?

Uh well experience is not a physical thing if we want to be literal. Plus, there is no difference between the enemies you shoot in onslaught and the one outside.. except we call the ones outside "real"...

1 minute ago, Legion-Shields said:

Yeah but that’s a mental thing. I’m talking about gear that somehow is able to physically fit more mods onto it even though it was leveled inside a non-physical place.

Mods are a mental thing too.  Your weapon doesn't grow more space from the blood of your enemies (though that sounds completely awesome).  You get better with it and learn how to modify it better.

1 minute ago, TypeZeroTheNirvash said:

the guy that always ruins the fun? :kappa:

Yep.  Speculating about this stuff is fun!  Things would be very boring if we just chalked everything up to "it's a video game"/"it's a movie"/etc.

On 2018-08-24 at 10:54 PM, Vaz2017 said:

Yep.  Speculating about this stuff is fun!  Things would be very boring if we just chalked everything up to "it's a video game"/"it's a movie"/etc.

Quite the opposite. Once we've determined that it's just a game, we can stop worrying about why's and how's and just focus on enjoying the game and having fun.

So please be that guy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-08-25 at 4:30 AM, aswitz87 said:

Your weapon doesn't grow more space from the blood of your enemies (though that sounds completely awesome).

Wait, that's not how it works? I swear I can hear my Tigris Prime whispering "Blood...I demand moar blood..."

Edited by yles9056

Isn't everything the Tenno does a simulation? I mean, they are basically just kids in a Sword Art Online full dive system that controls a real machine much like how "military technicians" pilot drones. You liken the experience to a video game rather than calling yourself a mass murderer. With regards to mods on warframes, its like the actual devices grows on its own or you as the operator learn to control the warframe better with modifications. The second example works on how mods work on weapons as well. 

Even when the Operator pops out of the warframe, when they "die" they simply pop back into the warframe rather than taking some tangible damage. Therefore, it is still a simulation. Warframe-ing can be described as the most real simulation of carnage. Sanctuary would be no different. Its basically the same thing except the data entering your brain is replicated rather than reality based. A possible difference here is the level of information they intake which is actually the same because technology has gone that far.