Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.5.0

[DE]Drew

3 minutes ago, dylvissier said:

still not working, i relogued and the mask dont appear

Not sure why that is happening. But yes, there should be a  "mask?" option with Nakak. Then you can buy the mask. Equip it then go out at night and you should get a dialogue and an area to investigate by the main lake. However, don't go back inside until you've investigate 3 areas, otherwise like me and many others, you will not get the main blueprint.

Sounds to me, according to the main post's instructions, that people who got the 3 areas all at once and the bp were the bugged ones.  Seems like you're supposed to get 1 area at first, then go back for a part blueprint, craft/claim it, then another area to investigate will open up.  I'm just hoping it doesn't mind me crafting multiple at once because i just wanted to get the grind over with.

2 minutes ago, hesuchia said:

Sounds to me, according to the main post's instructions, that people who got the 3 areas all at once and the bp were the bugged ones.  Seems like you're supposed to get 1 area at first, then go back for a part blueprint, craft/claim it, then another area to investigate will open up.  I'm just hoping it doesn't mind me crafting multiple at once because i just wanted to get the grind over with.

i got only 1 area and no bp bonty

I think the post is a little unclear, the "blueprint bounties" are for the 3 different pieces: systems bp, chassis bp, and neuro bp.  From what I understand, the main bp will be after collecting all 3 and advancing the miniquest by going back to the plains at night with the mask after claiming one of them, then crafting another piece and repeating.

When will you be done balancing Vlad's abilities? He feels half-finished at best currently. There's zero synergy when playing with others, takes longer to cast Enthrall than it takes for allies to kill them, no energy return on kills, very low energy pool for what's supposed to be a caster... He just feels bad and unfinished.

Sooo i felt fairly lucky when i first farmed all parts when the mask was not availiable.

Then i got the mask, equipped it and went on the plains first time.

After returning i did build all 3 parts and then again went to the plains with mask again.

If i got this right then i should've gotten the BP, but i didn't.

Plz tell me i don't need to farm all of then again just for the quest .... that would be disappointing asf

1 minute ago, hesuchia said:

I think the post is a little unclear, the "blueprint bounties" are for the 3 different pieces: systems bp, chassis bp, and neuro bp.  From what I understand, the main bp will be after collecting all 3 and advancing the miniquest by going back to the plains at night with the mask after claiming one of them, then crafting another piece and repeating.

Ok but then you shouldn't be able to get all 3 bounty parts before even starting the quest

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Exactly. Our team is a small fraction the size of our player base. We try hard, but it's very very difficult to account for everything, especially when we're deploying from our test servers to live servers

• Like I said earlier in this thread - If your QA team is too small - expand it. (Yes I know you can never reach playerbase-sized team, but the amount of game-breaking or severe new-feature bugs is astounding).
  • If your QA team thinks it's not ready - do not release it!
  • Constantly recurring bugs should stop happening if you learn from previous mistakes (like having every new Baro weapon come untradeable) - you make procedures that are followed every time, to avoid such things.
  • You should NEVER EVER deploy from the QA environment to Production !!! There MUST be at least one more intermediate environment, to not only test the deployment process, but to let the people deploying it (DevOps/whoever) try/test/learn and see that the process works as it should! (that intermediate environment is where you should've found the missing mask issue, by doing a simple run through the 'mini-quest')

...and for your own benefit DE - stop screwing over your own employees by releasing patches in the last hours of a weekend - crunch time is bad!

1 minute ago, Critical said:
  • Like I said earlier in this thread - If your QA team is too small - expand it. (Yes I know you can never reach playerbase-sized team, but the amount of game-breaking or severe new-feature bugs is astounding).
  • If your QA team thinks it's not ready - do not release it!
  • Constantly recurring bugs should stop happening if you learn from previous mistakes (like having every new Baro weapon come untradeable) - you make procedures that are followed every time, to avoid such things.
  • You should NEVER EVER deploy from the QA environment to Production !!! There MUST be at least one more intermediate environment, to not only test the deployment process, but to let the people deploying it (DevOps/whoever) try/test/learn and see that the process works as it should! (that intermediate environment is where you should've found the missing mask issue, by doing a simple run through the 'mini-quest')

...and for your own benefit DE - stop screwing over your own employees by releasing patches in the last hours of a weekend - crunch time is bad!

dont be so harsh but tbh a dev branch or some type of way for players who are trusted to play things early a bit like a Bug tester but a player type of thing ofc there would be NDA's and stuff involved. 

Hi DE, thanks for the update, but there is another bug: Nakak says speak to Konzu, but Konzu has nothing to say. 
Or, this is not a bug, and it's all there is to it. 
Which is fine, I guess, but then it becomes a matter of setting expectations: when you say "mini-quest" on a devstream, I don't know about others*, but Personnally I'm thinking "A Man of Few Words" or "Saya's Vigil". Mask of the Revenant is not a mini-quest, this is an in-game teaser. I'm not saying it absolutely needed a Chains of Harrow level of treatment, but this felt like the intro to a mini-quest, not the whole thing.  Oh, so it's a Limbo/Mirage-like quest; ok. I'll have an opinion when I'm done then. 
Also, while we're here: 
1°) In the fifth bounty, don't you think the rare reward pool begins to be a little crowded? Add only one reward there and it will be half of the total pool. Time to move some rewards elsewhere maybe?
2°) Wisps... Ugh We really need about the way we acquire them compared to the quantities we need. can't we get a complementary way, ANY OTHER complementary way to get some?
3°) On an almost unrelated note, when are we doing anything worht of notice in the awesome caves we can barely visit?

*but the vibes I'm getting on Chat around Cetus tell me I'm not alone there, though I cannot precisely quantify that sentiment.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DeepxxSorrow:

Ok but then you shouldn't be able to get all 3 bounty parts before even starting the quest

Agreed ... if its part after part, then they should become availiable part after part and not all at once or even before the quest

1 minute ago, SirSuperDeath said:

dont be so harsh but tbh a dev branch or some type of way for players who are trusted to play things early a bit like a Bug tester but a player type of thing ofc there would be NDA's and stuff involved. 

I'm not being harsh, I'm being realistic here, that's how companies that know what they're doing should act like. It's not addressed to [DE]Drew, but to DE as a whole.

And no, that intermediate environment is not meant for the regular playerbase to test stuff on (though a server of that kind will be great, like in LoL), it's for main use is for QA & DevOps.

4 minutes ago, W4R-DN said:

Agreed ... if its part after part, then they should become availiable part after part and not all at once or even before the quest

Imo it should have been special Bounties from Konzu that have a 100% chance to give the part. 

Like with Inaros, which was so long ago.

Or at least the cost of plat to buy Revenant should be lower. Like 225p

I'm thinking the important thing isn't farming the parts, but actually claiming them from the foundry.  That's how it worked for like Limbo's quest at least, the next part of his quest unlocked when you actually claimed his previous piece.

Great for the update but there a problem.... 

- Using a gun well turning into your sword still not fix

- Carrier prime can't get more ammo in plain of eidolon for some reason

- Some weapon have a random invisible hit bot that we can't see or hit and kill (an other reason i don't how to say)

DE pls fix in some account ...

Experiencing the same issue: left the Plains when Nakak said to go talk to Konzu. Did NOT get the Blueprint (BP). No apparent way of redoing this part of the mission. Fix requested.

Honestly, shouldn't have said "Go talk to Konzu" when you actually meant to tell us talk to Konzu AFTER the next mission objective shows up which apparently takes longer than the time it takes to run from the lake to the exit to appear...

Archived