Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.5.0

[DE]Drew

2 hours ago, WolvenHunter said:

I have encountered a problem with the third revenant codex fragment.

i touched then killed revenant completing the quest but the fragment didn’t complete. Is there anything that can be done?

I had that problem too even tried farming and building 3 other parts to try and get him to respawn (RIP some poly bundles) and nothing happened. And as soon as the revenant himself finished building 3 days later I put on the mask and went out at night and to my surprise, now every time I enter the plains at night with his mask on my kid, the ghost revenant always shows up to be killed, on the 4th kill the fragment eventually popped up. You also get revenant BPs every time too so you can build multiple copies of him if you want  😄

17 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

I had that problem too even tried farming and building 3 other parts to try and get him to respawn (RIP some poly bundles) and nothing happened. And as soon as the revenant himself finished building 3 days later I put on the mask and went out at night and to my surprise, now every time I enter the plains at night with his mask on my kid, the ghost revenant always shows up to be killed, on the 4th kill the fragment eventually popped up. You also get revenant BPs every time too so you can build multiple copies of him if you want  😄

Except, it is isn't happening for me. I have Revenant equipped, and I go into the plains at night with my mask and operator and I cannot get the dialog to pop up or the Revenant ghost to fight. There is also nothing to click at the river. Looks like my lore will remain locked until a script is run.

56 minutes ago, Eienlanzer said:

Except, it is isn't happening for me. I have Revenant equipped, and I go into the plains at night with my mask and operator and I cannot get the dialog to pop up or the Revenant ghost to fight. There is also nothing to click at the river. Looks like my lore will remain locked until a script is run.

Seems like everyone is having different iterations of the same problem. I have to ask: have you tried farming 1 or more extra parts and building them? maybe that triggers a second "try" for the quest IDK just throwing ideas out there.

I had to enter the plains on four seperate occasions to get the ghost to appear. FOUR. This needs to be addressed DE. I had plenty of time left in the night cycle, the one I had around 8 minutes. More than enough to kill revenant's ghost. I tagged mister Terry walking on a nearby hill, and watched. Waited for that ghost to pop up. And he never did. And I watched Terry disappear back into the waters. 8 wasted minutes when I could have gotten teh bp, but instead had to wait another hour to try again.

Also, this really shoulda been a codex quest DE. How are new kids or people a year from now supposed to know what to do? Come back to this ancient post just to see what to do? Seems a little....dumb. And counter-intuitive to EVERY OTHER quest in the game.

5 hours ago, EDM774 said:

Seems like everyone is having different iterations of the same problem. I have to ask: have you tried farming 1 or more extra parts and building them? maybe that triggers a second "try" for the quest IDK just throwing ideas out there.

Her dialog is now triggering again and the specter of Revenant is now appearing at stage 3 spot  by the river. Perhaps relogging did the trick.

It took me 2 more tries of scanning him and killing the specter to finally get the 3rd lore to complete.

*Have Operator equipped with "the mask."

*Had Revenant built and equipped.

*Entered the Plains at night on "friends only." Completed it 2 more times.

CAN SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING WITH THAT #*!%ING BUG WITH NAKAK? YOU KNOW, YOU CAN'T BUY MASK FROM NAKAK IF SHE DON'T HAVE IT. And i can;t even talk with her. I have rank two i quills, i tried relog, reinstall and nothing happens. Do something about it for fake sake

On 2018-08-24 at 10:39 PM, XanZath said:

Just from reading through the kit Revenant seems to be actually really bad. Generally speaking straight up killing enemies is way more worthwhile than mind controlling them so unless his 4 deals a lot of damage and he has decent survivabilty i don't see this frame being popular in any piece of content.

Yea well his 1 is useless. You have a max of 4 peeps you can mind control and they usually just die to your teammates. Ult does massive damage to the point where you can aks why they nerfed banshee and ember "stand afk dmg build" then they throw this out. Just completely remove the enthrall thing and add anythign else. Idk convert enemies to vomvalysts that follow you around and resotre sheilds or health or buff dmg or anything. 

i got the mask and went to the plains of eidolons found the hand sticking out once and interacted with it but after she said see konzu nothing else appeared after what felt like 5 mins i left and did not get the revenant blueprint could someone help ?

Gotta admit, this warframe is boring as hell(like many other frames). Press to win(spin to win) ability combined with generic useless ohters.

It looks cool but come on, we need to have some exclusivity to warframes. An incentive to play a specific frame. Right now the only incentive to use Revenant is because it is OP. 

Pretty dissapointing. As a 5+ year veteran, it feels like the game has plateaued when it comes to frame variety and interesting game mechanics several years ago. Perhaps reworking certain abilities and mechanics, removing the focus trees and adding a proper talent tree for each warframe(with a similar modding system) and operator might make the game interesting again.

I get the feeling that Fortuna won't be able to save this game, nor any other major update unless it is a complete overhaul.

vor 1 Minute schrieb White_Matter:

Gotta admit, this warframe is boring as hell(like many other frames). Press to win(spin to win) ability combined with generic useless ohters.

It looks cool but come on, we need to have some exclusivity to warframes. An incentive to play a specific frame. Right now the only incentive to use Revenant is because it is OP. 

It totally agree. They could have made the energy flow on his arm a focused damage stream similar to Gantulysts beam and make him spin on boost. This would make him a nice mix between Mesa and Nyx.

Zitat

Pretty dissapointing. As a 5+ year veteran, it feels like the game has plateaued when it comes to frame variety and interesting game mechanics several years ago. Perhaps reworking certain abilities and mechanics, removing the focus trees and adding a proper talent tree for each warframe(with a similar modding system) and operator might make the game interesting again.

I get the feeling that Fortuna won't be able to save this game, nor any other major update unless it is a complete overhaul.

Yeah i have been noticing this aswell. I myself have not been with this game quite as long but the variety in progressing a certain skill tree to emphasize on a specific power is definitely something this game would benefit from. Let's hope they see we are bored and have nothing to look forward to. New frames are only really fun when @[DE]Pablo works on them for some reason. I mean Nidus, Harrow, Saryn all are amazing after he created/ reworked them. Why this isn't his main duty whenever there is a new frame is beyond me because everyone else seems to screw it up.

Archived