The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Farm - Why do it again DE?

Joe_Barbarian

6 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

intil i get a new computer, yep.... and thats not a thing i love saying...

I hear you - there are some good sites out there that sell good, well-built PC's for not too much money.

You can build one yourself too, which can save you some cash - just make sure you have an ESD strap.

9 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

My main issue is that he's in the plains at all.... i can't even run the plains anymore, any time i try i either crash or have bad enough lag to fail bounties.  so REV is now locked behind a paywall for me, and i ain't got the plat for him... so rip chances of getting the new warframe. they really should stop trying to force people to go to the plains....

Maybe the real paywall here is a computer. How ancient is it?

43 minutes ago, octobotimus said:

its only 3 or 4 years old now.... but it is a dell, so..... thats a lesson for everyone to learn.... never buy a dell....

It's almost certainly more to do with your graphics card than with the brand of computer. I have a six year old computer, but I upgrade the graphics card fairly often, and even though everything else is old, things run smoothly with a 1080ti. 

6 hours ago, octobotimus said:

its only 3 or 4 years old now.... but it is a dell, so..... thats a lesson for everyone to learn.... never buy a dell....

Mine is 9 years old and I don't have any issues, if you have a passable CPU just get a new budget GFX card and you should be fine.

On 2018-08-25 at 12:14 AM, LSG501 said:

It's pretty obvious the thinking behind this 'release'....

DE haven't had many items to sell this year, so they're making all the new releases harder to get to 'encourage' us to just buy it with plat.

It’s not DE fault that players are impatient and, tbh, everywhere all over the world you pay extra if you need something more quickly as obviously, so I can’t see any reason why in WF should be different.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

Or better still, give Konzu a separate bounty listing for Revenant missions.

Hey Konzu? What do you have for me?

Swaz-do-lah! I have

• ---Cetus Bounties (Cetus drop tables)
  • ---Eidolon bounties (Eidolon drop tables)
  • ---Ghoul Bounties (Ghoul drop tables)
  • ---Revenant Bounties (Revenant drop tables)
  • ---Gara Bounties (Gara drop tables)

You would still see Nakak to get the quest, but you talk to Konzu to get the blue prints. This removes the clutter from the drop tables and lessens the dilution. Admittedly it adds more drop tables, but they are more specific and you get a better chance at getting what you need.

So i farmed Revenant yesterday. Wasn't so bad. Took me 3 or 4 bounties to get the system, got the chassis on first try, than around a dozen try for the neuroptics. In the end it just took me one week end day of farm to get everything.

Edited by Marekthejester

On 2018-08-25 at 12:18 PM, Lancars said:

Wait. The neuroptics only drop at night?

On 2018-08-25 at 12:23 PM, Kaotyke said:

No.

^^^ This kind of misinformation (thank you, @Kaotyke for correcting it) is one reason I really hate rant posts.  Sure, peeps are entitled to their own opinions, but more often than not these rants tend to blow opinions out like facts and those who do NOT speak up, ESPECIALLY newer players, may read it and continue on believing this b.s. is true.   Not just the neuroptics thing ,but many many falsehoods I see presented on these forums.

On 2018-08-25 at 2:38 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

Bad news: Chinese money is in charge. Which means this is only going to get WORSE over time. Every release has pushed this game further from free to play and closer to Pay to Progress, unless of course you are willing to spend enormous amounts of time running shallow, under developed, bug ridden content you have run one thousand times before. 

But hey. You're getting Venus open world. Eventually. Which might be the last major content you ever DO get, because no online game can survive by releasing one major content patch per year...

This is suuuuuper racist, for one.  Lots of good things come out of China, as well.  It ain't all lead paint and cheap toys.  Friggin' hell...

Anyways, as it has been mentioned, the buyout of DE happened a LOOONG time ago.  They retain 100% creative control over Warframe, so the Chinese Company has nothing to do with anything happening in Warframe.

Just because y'all can't farm new content the same damn day it's released doesn't make it unfair.   I mean, for cryin' out loud, they spent MONTHS developing the content....it wasn't so you could pick it up in 15 minutes, run 20 waves of Hydron, and toss it into the used frames bin to be forgotten.

Also, games absolutely CAN survive on much less than we get from Warframe.  Many have done it for years.  Most who DO release new content CHARGE for it as if it's a brand new game.  If you don't like Warframe, don't play it.  Noone is chaining you to a chair, forcing you to farm new stuff.  

It's like baking a cake from scratch, eating it in a day, and blaming Pillsbury when you get fat from it.  Like, what the hell?

I got the systems on my first try, the neuroptics (gold drop) in my second, and the chassis after 5-6 tries...

I was more annoyed at how poorly the whole quest was set up and how unclear it was to proceed after the first part...

I actually got all of Gara's parts within 48 hours of PoE releasing. But I also later helped a friend farm her, a task which took significantly longer. As someone who has seen both sides of the RNG I'm pretty sure DE just wants to trigger the PTSD of everyone who had to farm Gara at release PoE, before the bounty reworks.

On a serious note, it's not a bad place to put the parts for the new frame. They can keep the acquisition relatively gated, you can skip at anytime with platinum, but it's not required. Then down the line it's easy enough to improve the drop rates of the parts as Revenant ceases to be one of the newer frames. Frames are the big thing in new equipment so I would expect a curve of newer frames or their primes being harder to get initially but easier to get later. I don't see anything wrong with it, with the timescale I play this game on I'm more than comfortable grinding things out over the long haul if needed but then paying as much as I want when I feel like supporting DE.

Edited by Beartornado

8 minutes ago, vvhorus said:

I got the systems on my first try, the neuroptics (gold drop) in my second, and the chassis after 5-6 tries...

I was more annoyed at how poorly the whole quest was set up and how unclear it was to proceed after the first part...

Originally he wasn't even going to -get- a quest.  So if it feels kinda thrown in at the last minute, it semi- was.    

That being said, it's a tough position they're in because they've always loved sharing info with the public via DevStreams and whatnot, but we as a community have become ravenous and the moment we hear we might get something, or that something is in the works, we just pelt the crap outta them with "GIB NAO!" demands....  aaand they end up serving some things half-baked just to "get it out there".  But if they kept quiet, people complain of a "drought".  It's a lose-lose, unless they tell the whiny community to shove it and be patient....which ya can't really do effectively.

Of course, this isn't a complaint, I LOVE the level of content we have going.  It's not all perfect, but you get what you pay for, and here I feel we definitely get a ton of value regardless of imperfections.  

3 minutes ago, Beartornado said:

I actually got all of Gara's parts within 48 hours of PoE releasing. But I also later helped a friend farm her, a task which took significantly longer. As someone who has seen both sides of the RNG I'm pretty sure DE just wants to trigger the PTSD of everyone who had to farm Gara at release PoE, before the bounty reworks.

On a serious note, it's not a bad place to put the parts for the new frame. They can keep the acquisition relatively gated, you can skip at anytime with platinum, but it's not required. Then down the line it's easy enough to improve the drop rates of the parts as Revenant ceases to be one of the newer frames. Frames are the big thing in new equipment so I would expect a curve of newer frames or their primes being harder to get initially but easier to get later. I don't see anything wrong with it, with the timescale I play this game on I'm more than comfortable grinding things out over the long haul if needed but then paying as much as I want when I feel like supporting DE.

This ^

On 2018-08-25 at 5:49 PM, octobotimus said:

its only 3 or 4 years old now.... but it is a dell, so..... thats a lesson for everyone to learn....

This makes me happyto be on console. I hated the PC upgrade race back when I was a PC Gamer.

On 2018-08-25 at 5:49 PM, octobotimus said:

never buy a dell

This is absolute truth. I have NEVER had good experiences from Dell.

I'm honestly very surprised people are so upset over a relatively easy farm. The downside is just that Bountirs get repetitive extremely fast.

I mean...

Most Free to Play games DON'T EVEN GIVE PLAYERS THE OPTION TO ACQUIRE ITEMS/CHARACTERS FOR FREE.

So just having the option alone is already amazing.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Most Free to Play games DON'T EVEN GIVE PLAYERS THE OPTION TO ACQUIRE ITEMS/CHARACTERS FOR FREE.

So just having the option alone is already amazing.

Quoting for emphasis.

I've played dozens of F2P games and this is the only one with a reasonable grind to get all content (worst case if you want to avoid grind just do void fissures and trade).

The only thing you have to pay for is the tennogen stuff on PC.  That is unavoidable.

No wonder people dislike plains of eidolon. I have done over 20 runs to try and get revenant neuroptics and nothing. It is not normal to do bounties that way specially that u need to go to cetus every time. There is no reason it to be rare even uncommon was difficult.

7 hours ago, ShortbusGangster said:

30 runs in for the Neuroptics and still haven't gotten any.  

RNG warframes are starting to upset me. There are many different ways to introduce a warframe to the game aside from making it a luck drop. 

RNGesus demands your goats! Sacrifice unto him and he shall save your drops from the clutches of LOOTcifer.

Seriously, we have turned into society of whiners. Complaining for basic stuff left and right. Frame comes from SO, whine, frame comes from plains, whine, frame is absolutely free with a reactor and built in 1 minute, there were complaints about that as well...

These days I don't bother finishing any post that contains " a slap to the face, an insult, worst design ever" or something of the sort and 70% of the posts in this thread are exactly that.

The current situation is:

Community: This game is mainly grinding, git gud or git lost.

DE: Here's a frame, which requires 2 hrs of grind.

Community: Blasphemy, heresy, burn them at the stake, so greedy.

You don't want to play PoE, eidolons or whatever else, fine, but don't blame what is essentially your problem on something else.

Also, you have plenty of frames from quests, planets, relics..etc. and a second from PoE... how evil can DE be, right?

Horrible grind? It took me 6-7 bounties to get all the parts and by that time people were already running around with him.

Nothing in this game is as a horrible a grind as most make it out to be, sincerely, someone who spent 6 months farming eye of divinity.

Edited by Ver1dian

So far it has been the best frame farm. A few hours of bounty run isnt too much to ask. 

I would hate to see them add frame drops on things like Eidolons. Frame farming simply shouldnt be "end-game" imo, everyone should be able to get them at a reasonable point in their progression. Placing them on "end-game" activities would simply promote even more leeching since there is no real gate to any content as such.