Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, DE, give Garuda a long good quest

Myrkrvaldyr

Gara had a short quest that was designed for new players, but components dropped from bounties.

Khora was just tossed in SO with lore contained in random drops from Ghouls.

Excalibur Umbra was tied to a cinematic quest, and the narrative took precedence over grind or build time which was refreshing.

Now we have an entry barrier many are surprised with (Quills rank 2) and a grind lodged in the middle of what was said to be a short quest. I liked the first part even though I had to wait for night. But then I went back to Konzu and realized that I just had to grind the same old bounties until the parts dropped before I could proceed. So far I'm pretty disappointed.

I too hope the latest trend in frame quests barring Umbra does not last and Garuda gets a good quest with an interesting way of obtaining her. I understand Fortuna and New War are probably consuming a lot of resources, but that shouldn't mean the other parts of the game should suffer.

Excalibur Umbra's Quest was pretty cool for me because of how there was seperate parts of you playing a game with Ballas, mini Puzzles, and you get to have a fully ranked Umbra and Melee Weapon with mods you can use on other frames which was very different from other Quests. If DE makes a Quest for Garuda that's about as good as the Sacrifice but not Exactly like it, then it would be a interesting one.

Although i was really disappointed with the Sacrifice quest, i still prefer it that way.

The way the Story was told was pretty boring and the gameplay wasnt good aswell in the Sacrifice in my opinion, still it was better than Khora or Revenant.

Because you more or less knew how long it will take you to get the Frame and when you are done with it.

In this kind of farms, you can get it in an hour or a month, you dont know. And thats the bad part imo.

I simply bought Revenant because after i have done ~15 bounties and only got 1 part (an uncommon, not the rare one) i was simply done with it and didnt want to continue doing that.

I am max Rank at Ostron and have done "a few" bountys, so far i only got 1 Eidolon lense, so i didnt want to hope that when there finally is a rare drop in the last bounty, that its also the Revenant part. This gamedesign is even worse.

I mean sure, for people who have done nothing in the Plains so far, it isnt a big deal because they might need everything else in the loottable aswell as the standing to get Zaws and Arcanes and so on, but if you have gone through that, this is just annoying if you are doing it for just 1 drop.

Edited by DreisterDino

I doubt DE is gonna give proper quests anymore, they're too busy with 'THE NEXT BIG THING' to do so, thus we're only gonna get low tier lore and story telling, like a short quest, codex entries and an item that start a farming process 

they're either too lazy, busy, out of ideas or cutting costs...maybe a combo of all of these 

Khora was a complete and utter failure, lore/quest wise. Revenant's would've been okay if its components wouldn't be thrown in with the rest, but rather replacing Gara's - as long as you wear that silly mask. It's a grind game, after all - not a run-once-and-be-done-with game. However, the tie-ins of the Revenant's quest in terms of lore are awkward. "Being consumed by the sentient energy from prolonged exposure"?! Aren't all our frames - well, some - being exposed to massive doses of sentient energy (we are quite busy - or were - chasing zombified ones in the Plains)?

Also, putting Umbra's and Nidus' quests together on one side and now Revenant's on the other... it would seem we're heading fast into total annihilation, with no side to take and no arch enemy. Infested?! We're part of them, controlling their "Master". Sentients? No problem, we have one that's borderline their kind. Corpus and Grineer are just rabid dogs fighting over the leftovers of a royal meal.

I sure hope the sentients ran into problems of their own, so that everything happening in the System will make more sense, from us having the strengths of all the current factions, to Lotus leaving, to Ballas betraying his own kind, to the tennos coming from the Void all messed up. Sentients simply are no longer the threat - they can't be, not with everything that has unfolded. Sure, they may have ran a Geth card initially, but that's done and over with, with the Orokin dead and well, buried in the past.

PS. How are the codex entries for the new warframes tying in with the lore?! 😄 from beautifully crafted stories - like Ember's - to something resembling more a Corpus advertisement...

• 1 month later...

Yes! Quest! Doesnt have to be complicated....  But please do something. THose frame quests are awazing... we dont get those no more...

One of the best Lore is Mirage... " Worm ships coming out of punch! A Warframe fighting Sentients... shields are failing..." " I tell her I won't lose her. That I have another ship on its way. She is smiling because she knows I am lying... "

IMHO this is one of the most powerful pieces of story telling in all of Warframe. done in 6 sentences.

On 2018-10-21 at 4:30 AM, Dariel77Angel said:

One of the best Lore is Mirage... " Worm ships coming out of punch! A Warframe fighting Sentients... shields are failing..." " I tell her I won't lose her. That I have another ship on its way. She is smiling because she knows I am lying... "

Don't forget her prime trailer." No one is laughing any more.. except you."  Mirage had some secrets and that's why she's the most deserving of an umbra.

Also I agree. Why didn't Khora have a quest? Why not just a message from the researcher in the lore fragments saying something like " I need Simaris's processing power to decode the structure of Khora but he won't help unless we make a deal" *subtext so kitty prime will love me*

2 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Make it long and hard. Make it stick to me for a long time after. A good narrative sticks like the whitest glue. 

True... just don't make it RNG based again. Personally, I'd love to have another hunt, like following rumors about a mysterious killer frame, stalking the Corpus on Venus massacring them gruesomely...

Edited by WarBaby2