Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hardlocking the Revenant Quest / Don't Listen to the Update Instructions.

Electro_the_Devolian

I've been extremely hyped for the Revenant ever since it was announced, and in the update info they gave all of us the instructions of how to get him. Here's the thing with these instructions though: They're wrong. Specifically Step 3.

Step 2 - Go out into the Plains of Eidolon during the night with the mask equipped. There will be a marked area with an item for you to find -- listen to Nakak’s dialogue for hints!

Step 3 - Once you have found the item, you must return to Cetus and talk to Konzu. Using the Bounty Board, select a Bounty with a Revenant Blueprint in its droptable. Complete the Bounty until you receive the Blueprint.

Step 4 - Build the Blueprint and claim it from your Foundry. 

Step 5 - Repeat steps 2 - 4.

So when I read this I assumed "Oh, it's going to be like a Limbo quest, where I have to make the part and then get the next one." and left the plains to do so. Well it comes to my surprise that what you're supposed to do (or maybe not because this quest seems stupidly rushed and I can't tell what makes sense anymore) is to get all 3 items first along with the blueprint, THEN go talk to Konzu. You'd think I'd be able to go back and do the others because I didn't realize until now, but now the quest is hardlocked, and I'm not able to go back to the areas I need to get the next parts. All that's there are faint little squares on my map or where the areas are supposed to be, but nothing quest related is actually there. The strangest part is even the dialogue was directing me to go to Konzu, and there was no other area on the map to get the next part for me. I am genuinely upset that I can't complete a quest now until a hotfix just because I actually followed the instructions.

If you're going to do this quest, make sure you do it solo, because host migrations may break it. Definitely don't leave Cetus after the first one, obviously. Make sure to do it all in one go BEFORE you go to Konzu. If you already have it hardlocked like I do, you're just gonna have to wait.

If I am right about it being like the Limbo quest and I was wrong about this, I genuinely wouldn't have known in the first place. This quest feels so rushed and so underdone that it honestly feels like no one understands what's going on. Some people are also saying it's like Limbo, some are saying they got all 3 parts and blueprint in one go, and some say they didn't even get an option to do the quest in one go. Not to mention the parts got thrown into the RNG pile like 1.0 Nezha, Gara, and Khora. Revenant really needed a full-fledged quest, and not one that feels like it was done in 2 days. This is literally the Gara quest, but now it makes even less sense.

Edited by Electro_the_Devolian
Wanted to be a little more descriptive about the quest itself.

not mention the drop chances for the rewards must be off, since even the most common don't show up after 10 runs

i hope we're not pulling a "15% double checked" here...

Edited by rhuug