Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Warframe behind reputation wall?

Myt_L

So .. this is the first warframe that in order to be able to farm him you need to grind some rep and it isnt just some easy to get rep you have to kill Eidolons in order to be able to start the the grind. i mean what if i dont like that content, im forced to play something i dont like  just to get a warframe (the same can be said about archwing).

i dont even want to put a feet in cetus i hate this open world stuff and now im being forced to grind rep and to grind the parts of a warframe there.....

anyway i guess ill just buy him but this is ridiculous being force to play something that isnt the core of the game in order to get a warframe shouldnt be allowed.

Oh wow you need to play the game to get content. :facepalm:

Revenant might be the first behind a rep wall but he's not the first behind "other content". Gara was behind bounties, Limbo behind Archwing, Khora behind Onslaught, etc. This isn't new nor will Revenant be the last like this.

If you don't want to play the game for new stuff then go buy him, that's why the option is there.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

It's not being "forced".  It's called -earning- something.   If you don't want to work for it, just buy it or trade for plat.  

thats not earning something hunting eidolons isnt the core gameplay of warframe anyone should be forced to play that time of missions if they dont like them

1 minute ago, trst said:

Oh wow you need to play the game to get content. :facepalm:

Revenant might be the first behind a rep wall but he's not the first behind "other content". Gara was behind bounties, Limbo behind Archwing, Khora behind Onslaught, etc. This isn't new nor will Revenant be the last like this.

If you don't want to play the game for new stuff then go buy him, that's why the option is there.

bounties isnt "other content" you use your warframe there and do the some activities that are normal gameplay

and yes limbo also shouldnt be behind playing archwing

4 minutes ago, Myt_L said:

thats not earning something hunting eidolons isnt the core gameplay of warframe anyone should be forced to play that time of missions if they dont like them

Limbo archwing?  Nidus index?  Ivara Spy Missions? 
Not the first time warframes are behind missions people don't like or enjoy, just slap some plat at it and stop the nonsense

Let me put it like this, while i'm not a fan of having to grind out something like quill standing (something i didn't want to mess with in the first place) it didn't take that much time to get it done. I went from rank 1 of quills to rank 2 in a single night cycle of the plains. How did i do it? I loaded up my favorite equipment, turned on some tunes and killed 220 floating head things (this is how many you need to go from rank 1 to 2 if you hadn't done so already), then turned in the intact cores. You might be saying "wow, 220 is alot", but when you zone out the time flies quickly. In fact when i got done, i still had enough time to go back and farm another 50 to use as a rank up sacrifice and have some to spare. 

Yes, it's a grind, but this is warframe and a lot of stuff has been locked behind the grind. You should not be surprised by this, in fact you've been playing as long as i have if not longer and thus you should be used to this. Shrug it off and keep going, simple as that. DE didn't budge when it came to the hema grind, they more than likely won't budge when it comes to this either so the best course of action is to just get it over and done with then forget about it.

Edited by itsJylerTAG

Feel pretty much the same way, i am max rank on quills though, farmed the Eidolon for a while. Felt i was done with POE.. Then they added riven challenges, Tridolons, new zaws and probably a lot more. I just gave up the idea of leveling everything, might even just buy this new frame. The first frame i don't farm :(

1 minute ago, Myt_L said:

bounties isnt "other content" you use your warframe there and do the some activities that are normal gameplay

and yes limbo also shouldnt be behind playing archwing

You stated that you don't want to be in Cetus and hate the open world content. Bounties are exclusive to Cetus thus by your reasoning you should hate getting Gara as well.

Eidolon hunting is normal boss gameplay. Most bosses involve weakpoints, phases, and additional enemy spawns and Eidolons just incorporate most/all of these old boss mechanics. The only difference is the inclusion of Operators.

Eidolons are daunting, only in the beginning. 

One YT guide cleared all the chaos and confusion. I’m not saying u go solo, just know the right steps and it becomes routine. 

I even took my main no problem, now I have more arcanes and focus than I really care for,  plus the experience of Eidolon itself, which is what it is named after, so why not? 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

What exactly would you do when Fortuna hits? The likelihood that getting Garuda would require doing Fortuna content is pretty high, probably a guarantee.

As trst said, this won't change. If you do not like open world content, then you should probably stock up on plat now, or not bother getting Garuda at all when that hits.

I also hated the Khora grind by the way. Still got her after... 2 months of her release? Yeah...

Edited by Fazel412

If a game only has 'normal content' it becomes stale in a few hours. It's something referred to in game design as a 'difference in kind'.

Open World combat is different from tileset is different from Eidolons is different from Archwing.

It's not uncommon for DE to put Warframes behind such differences in kind to act as an introduction to these systems, either directly with a quest or using the Warframe as an incentive to get you to start. Gara introduces you to how to navigate the Plains of Eidolon and the Bounty system as you needed to complete one bounty before the quest was available. Limbo acts as an introduction to more typical Archwing gameplay, since the quest itself introduces you to the movement mechanics of Archwing. Revenent is intended to introduce you to Eidolons, and most likely by proxy, the Orb Vallis spiders since they're probably going to have a similar philosophy in their design, even if their mechanics are different.

While yes, a longtime player might have already had this introduction, but that's not what DE designs for when looking at quests like these where they're behind something. They're designed for new players. DE saw that there wasn't much clear need to go after Eidolons. So they put Revenant behind them, so people would start, and in the process discover Arcanes.

From there, the player now has access to these options as a variance from the typical gameplay, having been introduced to it. And the game become that much richer with more options for gameplay.

In this same fashion, I'd put money on that introduction setpiece we had for the Fortuna reveal being reworked into Garuda's quest to get us used to fighting on the Orb Vallis. A more bombastic quest than Saya's Vigil because the player will most likely already have experience on the Plains when playing this quest, and thus only need introduction to Fortuna's unique systems.

Tl;Dr Revenent is locked behind Quills standing because they want you to get to know how Eidolons work as Open World raid bosses, and thus how future bosses in their vein are going to work.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

If a game only has 'normal content' it becomes stale in a few hours. It's something referred to in game design as a 'difference in kind'.

Open World combat is different from tileset is different from Eidolons is different from Archwing.

It's not uncommon for DE to put Warframes behind such differences in kind to act as an introduction to these systems, either directly with a quest or using the Warframe as an incentive to get you to start. Gara introduces you to how to navigate the Plains of Eidolon and the Bounty system as you needed to complete one bounty before the quest was available. Limbo acts as an introduction to more typical Archwing gameplay, since the quest itself introduces you to the movement mechanics of Archwing. Revenent is intended to introduce you to Eidolons, and most likely by proxy, the Orb Vallis spiders since they're probably going to have a similar philosophy in their design, even if their mechanics are different.

While yes, a longtime player might have already had this introduction, but that's not what DE designs for when looking at quests like these where they're behind something. They're designed for new players. DE saw that there wasn't much clear need to go after Eidolons. So they put Revenant behind them, so people would start, and in the process discover Arcanes.

From there, the player now has access to these options as a variance from the typical gameplay, having been introduced to it. And the game become that much richer with more options for gameplay.

In this same fashion, I'd put money on that introduction setpiece we had for the Fortuna reveal being reworked into Garuda's quest to get us used to fighting on the Orb Vallis. A more bombastic quest than Saya's Vigil because the player will most likely already have experience on the Plains when playing this quest, and thus only need introduction to Fortuna's unique systems.

Tl;Dr Revenent is locked behind Quills standing because they want you to get to know how Eidolons work as Open World raid bosses, and thus how future bosses in their vein are going to work.

Revanant is also being used to tease the next big eidolon. Seems like they were keeping it under control.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)vidare said:

I just hope Fortuna is finished at release and that they dont add stuff months after when you don't play it anymore.

Not how this game works. Stuff will be added for sure.

14 minutes ago, trst said:

You stated that you don't want to be in Cetus and hate the open world content. Bounties are exclusive to Cetus thus by your reasoning you should hate getting Gara as well.

Eidolon hunting is normal boss gameplay. Most bosses involve weakpoints, phases, and additional enemy spawns and Eidolons just incorporate most/all of these old boss mechanics. The only difference is the inclusion of Operators.

Well i dont like cetus, but that doesnt mean i dont consider it the same of normal missions but jsut in a bigger map

aaand yes that it i dont like using my operator that is exactly the point im making . the use of the operator should be optional in order to get warframes, weapons etc (same goes for arcwing)

13 minutes ago, Tricky5hift said:

I'm pretty sure after just a couple Eidolon hunts you'll get the amount reputation you need.

well i dislike hunting those, i already bought him but if someone (like me ) didnt wanted to hunt eidolons and didnt had the plat to spend  they wouldve bee forced to hunt eidolons

12 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Well optionally you can kill a lot of sentients on Lua too since they drop cores

well that was a good idea. I already bought him 😞

PD: sry i know my english is kinda broken i hope you can understand me

Edited by Myt_L

Just now, Myt_L said:

Well i dont like cetus, but that doesnt mean i dont consider it the same of normal missions but jsut in a bigger map

aaand yes that it i dont like using my operator that is exactly the point im making . the use of the operator should be optional in order to get warframes, weapons etc (same goes for arcwing)

well i dislike hunting those, i already bought him but if someone (like me ) didnt wanted to hunt eidolons and didnt had the plat to spend  they wouldve bee forced to hunt eidolons

well that was a good idea. I already bought him 😞

Well I didn't particularly enjoy grinding Nidus but hey I did what I to do to get him.

1 minute ago, Tricky5hift said:

Well I didn't particularly enjoy grinding Nidus but hey I did what I to do to get him.

lol i also bought him 😄  that grind was too much for me, however i didnt mind spending plat on him since i feel that buying him was my choice. however, in the case of revenant im being force to play a gamemode i dont enjoy in order to get something i want from the game (we are talking about games here something that is supposed to be fun and thats why you play it) its either that or spending money and i already do a lot of thing in my life that i dont enjoy to start doing them in a game that is supposed to be my hobby.

33 minutes ago, Myt_L said:

You use that word, forced, I dont think it means what you think it means.

You don't have to farm him, you dont have to have him, you don't have to do eidolons. You can buy him with plat. And if you don't want to pay actual money you can farm something else, sell that something, and use that plat to buy him without ever doing eidolons. And if the drop chances are bad it will probably be worth doing it that way anyway.