Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Please allow us to pause in solo mode again

Prime-Ares

Was there any particular reason DE took out the ability to "Pause" the game while solo? This is one of the main reasons I even play solo in kuva, sorties, high-level missions, etc. especially whilst multi-tasking or studying and just need to come back later.

Really hoping this is just an overlooked bug, otherwise, it takes away a vital element of WF for me.

Edited by Prime-Ares

2 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

Was there any particular reason DE took out the ability to "Pause" the game while solo? This is one of the main reasons I even play solo in kuva, sorties, high-level missions, etc. especially whilst multi-tasking or studying and just need to come back later.

Really hoping this is just an overlooked bug, otherwise, it takes away a vital element of WF for me.

How about just play a few missions and then go back to studying!! There are plenty of reasons "pause" has probably been removed especially with upcoming changes/challenges for higher level players

It most likely is a bug. I had it as well when I was running solo sortie spy today, and the bug went away after closing and reopening the game.

The patch notes made no mention of removing the pause in solo mode, either. I know DE does have undocumented changes, but considering I was able to pause again in solo mode outside of PoE this doesn't appear to be one of them.

Only thing is, I have no idea how to replicate the bug. "It started happening after the Revenant update" could mean anything.

43 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

How about just play a few missions and then go back to studying!! There are plenty of reasons "pause" has probably been removed especially with upcoming changes/challenges for higher level players

Because a video game shouldn't dictate when I have to schedule my alternative time around it to do a full-on mission without the ability to stop and come back to it later on?

Would also love to know these "reasons" it would have been removed. Cause such an integral feature fo solo players is a big deal breaker for me.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

You in POE or set to Invite/Friends only?

From what I read from patch notes the pause feature was not removed.

12 minutes ago, simonseang said:

as far as i know.

you cant solo pause in PoE.

25 minutes ago, That1Cactus said:

Pausing still works as intended unless your in the Plains which I am assuming you were in at the moment?
*Or maybe you accidentally set it to Friends/Invite Only which also doesn't pause missions

36 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

They never removed it

39 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

No idea what you are talking about. Solo still pauses everything around me. Are you sure you aren't in friends only or invite only mode?

As I said...

It doesn't work chief...

(PS - Volume was muted in this)

Edited by Prime-Ares

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Prime-Ares:

They did what I could get it it could not work the same way on plains but in all other mission now too well i found it helpfull cause if you have to leave the keyboard for a amount of time youre werent risking nonsence so back to 5 and v and be quick thanks for the info

16 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

As I said...

They never removed it

They removed all the functionality of it on any tileset, any mission, and place I try ---> So yeah, I'd say It's been "removed".

Unless you'd like to get "smart" of course and say the useless title itself is still there.

18 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Well send in a bug report then. No need to get snarky about it. I've verified that for me it still functions as it normally does.

Apologies, a tad uppity as this came as a rather "sudden" surprise in the middle of what used to be "paused" gameplay.

4 minutes ago, Prime-Ares said:

They removed all the functionality of it on any tileset, any mission, and place I try ---> So yeah, I'd say It's been "removed".

Unless you'd like to get "smart" of course and say the useless title itself is still there.

Apologies, a tad uppity as this came as a rather "sudden" surprise in the middle of what used to be "paused" gameplay.

I'm 99% sure that you are experiencing a bug. I can't find anything in the patch notes about removing that functionality, Something that big would be noted, and less than 10 minutes ago from this post I went into a few random missions and didn't experience anything unusual. Everything pauses to standstill as per usual.

Best to send in your logs so they can take a look.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade