Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Abort Mission" should be changed

JackFraust

So many problems occur from players who rely too much on their "Abort Mission" button. The worst problem being Host Migrations.

IMO, Abort Mission should be changed to where the whole squad must click "Abort Mission" in order to leave the mission instead of having one person leave and possibly screwing over the remaining players. forcing them to either leave or play a bugged mission. Another possible change would be to have the player who clicked "Abort Mission" forfeit all of their remaining revives and unable to leave the mission until the other players either click "Abort Mission", complete the mission or are all unable to revive or don't revive themselves with a time limit.

Obviously, this won't completely solve the problem of people abandoning the mission and possibly causing bugs after they leave, but the only other way to force one's self out of a mission would be to close the game entirely. I believe less people would be likely to close the game and re-login over waiting until the mission has completed/failed/aborted by the remaining players.

Also, preventing "Aborters" from using chat would be a plus for all remaining players. No one wants to see an "Aborter" bombing the chat.

People have lives outside of Warframe, and there are several other ways to exit a mission than just aborting it. Some people need to abort for good reasons and I think punishing that would be a massive mistake. I mean, what am I to do if I want to keep my chat privileges but have to go? What, I can't leave the game without being screwed over now? 

Edited by Spartan336

The point of aborting a mission is to leave it, for whatever reason. Holding players hostage isn't going to solve any problem, and is just a really roundabout, ineffective way of "fixing" the issues with host migration. Doesn't really sound like a solution to me.

Punishing people for it by banning them from chat sounds especially bad.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

So I should get stuck inside of a mission and held hostage because of buggy host migrations?

No thanks. This isn't very well thought out OP. I'd rather actual issues were solved rather then forcing others to work around a bandaid fix that does more harm than good. Most people that leave aren't doing it to spite you. They might have, you know, stuff to do in the real world. Its really not that bad.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

what you're asking for basically defeats the purpose of having a Leave Mission button.

creating bandaids purely for the purpose of spiting others always means avoiding the actual source of the problem(s) which doesn't really help things.

Edited by taiiat

I have read many bad ideas but this one is PRIME.

There are many good reasons to abort mission and i do not question them. Hope everything will be alright.

What we need: Some form of single persion extraction from endless mission. Like console in extraction to get to our liset and end it.

I never once expected my ideas to be implemented, but I had hoped to inspire ideas into others who would then give their ideas on the topic. Although, seeing how everyone only had one thing to say, it was obviously a waste of effort. Thank you all, go away.

1 hour ago, blkdrag said:

I never once expected my ideas to be implemented, but I had hoped to inspire ideas into others who would then give their ideas on the topic. Although, seeing how everyone only had one thing to say, it was obviously a waste of effort. Thank you all, go away.

Your post had nothing to do with, 'inspiring others.' You put forth an idea, which others harshly criticized. Criticism is hard to take, but don't deflect your disappointment onto the people who disagreed with you.