The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How hard will DE hit Revenant with the nerf bat? How much will they buff him?

Joe_Barbarian

He's completely fine, his 4 is decent, and his other abilities need a buff. His first ability should be AoE and control more enemies, maybe 15, his 2 should last longer maybe, and his 3 should have a bigger range and drain more health and shields.

The bulk of frames that get released do so in either an UP or OP state and get tuned over time. While Revenant looks interesting, I haven't bothered to quest for him yet at all and have no clues if he is overpowered or not that aren't anecdotal.

People keep arguing about whether his #4 is OP and I am only curious if it can wipe rooms quickly, cheaply, with limited player effort and no risk...Those seem to be the consistent outlying characteristics DE has historically jumped on for nerfs.

I don't know if it fits those parameters... The only thing I have seen is a bunch of slow twirling that makes me think Revenant would be a sitting duck if it can't be canceled.

He doesn't look like a bad frame though and is giving off JoAT vibes which I am all for.

9 hours ago, HolyDemon00 said:

Revenant's 4 has terrible range (no base radius isn't 30m, it's 0.1 and 0.2m if boosted lmao)  and poor energy economy. It also can't deal with enemies on different floors and requires Line of Sight to enemies to deal damage. He just doesn't make the entire map disappear.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why if you want to share you opinion on a warframe you should actually play the damn thing so you don't make a fool of yourself because you cant tell the difference between Range and Radius. 

4 hours ago, Caliboom said:

I forgot to mention something, you guys say his 4 is OP even though Mesa's Peacemaker does a much better job, has bigger range, and does much more damage, to the point of even melting Juggernauts.

I agree with Caliboom on this, I think his 4 is in a good place.  Strong DPS, but lacks in overall mobility considering the multi-level maps we encounter and his linear damage pathing.

I'd like to see a buff to the other skills in his kit.

oh and BTW-

I'm not going to view and post that players account info to make my point.

Creepy AF bruh..

He's not strong at all. Have to say pretty useless except the ultimate. Laser beam balerena dance is a very nice touch. Aside from that abilities like his first need to be fixed  , shouldnt be a Max of 4 minions. To low

Edited by puppycorpse

8 hours ago, JaycemeSwain said:

If anything, Revenant needs a buff to his 1 and 3. His one should affect up to 10 enemies and should taken like 75% reduced damage from allies. His 3 just needs the energy cost lowered and the vfx to look smoother. He needs no nerfs really

This...

Hes a good frame, i like him then again i liked Khora alot too, and Gara... and this is coming from someone that has all the Frames primed or otherwise and used all of them enough to have a good grip on their usefullness.

He just needs the above buffs and he'll come up gravy. Ultimatly its all about fun, and if people find him fun he's fun... and thats all that matters, meta min maxing be damned.

Edited by ColPresumptuous

18 hours ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

And this ladies and gentlemen is why if you want to share you opinion on a warframe you should actually play the damn thing so you don't make a fool of yourself because you cant tell the difference between Range and Radius. 

Stop baiting, troll.

There's one guy who is a content creator complaining about his fourth ability being OP on twitter. I hope DE isn't dumb enough to listen to him instead of listening to the community, his 4 is in a good state and doesn't need changes, his other abilities need to be buffed though. Rebecca answered to his tweet, that's why I'm worried, I don't want DE to listen to one content creator that doesn't understand about Revenant while ignoring the community completely even though most people think his fourth ability is fine.

Edited by Caliboom

His 4th ability seems fair tbh. Yeah,  it's  got incredible damage that changes to suit whatever enemies it hits,  you can move while using it,  and it has great range,  but it's  obstructed by walls, players,  and other obstacles,  and aside from extreme range builds,  he's  left open to being shot by enemies outside of his radius,  which can be disastrous if the player doesn't  take into account how long it takes for him to exit his 4th skill.  Aside from that,  he's  probably 4th right now in terms of DPS capability,  behind Saryn, Mesa,  and the almighty Titania.  

If anything he needs a rework on his Thrall ability,  and some QoL buffs for efficiency.  He's  an energy hog, even considering his power output. 

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎26 at 8:26 AM, dEjAvU5566 said:

nope, his 4 is not strong enough, it shouldn't be blocked by obstacle,

so i can go to see a movie after pressing the skill button.   /s

Seriously, something is wrong with the number settings, they must be in a hurry to release him and forgot how this skill becomes in the end.

It has high range, high damage, able to move while casting, relatively low energy consume compare to its damage, shiny as hell particle effects.

Whole list checked of nerf hall of fame right there

To be honest without this he would be useless in his current state. Stop complaining about how "op" his four is, when you should be complaining about his other abilities being poorly executed. I love the idea of a sentient frame and it's not like he's incredibly easy to get in the first place. 

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎26 at 7:16 AM, Joe_Barbarian said:

For the record I like Revenant but he's too strong, loving the beard though. But I'll share my thoughts on the guy and see what you all think of it as well.

First world Issues:

• Body blocking. Players are able to block his fourth ability by standing right next to him, even abilties like Sayrns 'molt' was blocking his beams.
  • Brightness on his fourth ability needs to be toned down. He was a little hard on the eyes when I went with a blight blue not knowing how the colour works and holy christ, aborted mission and changed it as I couldn't see the floor that well, I can only compare it to starring directly at the sun. So for players out there please try and aim for a darker color.

What I believe will be nerfed:

• His Fourth Ability
    • It has a base 30m range (or there about) which is insane base range for an AOE ability. I don't think any other frame has that potential.
      • Stick overextended on (around 57m)
      • Stick Stretch on (around 43.5m)
      • Stick both Stretch and Overextended on (around 71m)
      • Factor in things like Fissure buffs you have x2 the range.
    • Damage scaling with ability power. I was seeing 10-14k ticks normal damage and 20-28k boosted damage with my current build (249% strength) while having 40% Equinox buff and 80~% ish Rhino roar.
      • Even without allied buffs you're still hitting harder than any bat I've seen. My "ESO" build has 3,112.5 damage while maintaining a 6.86/s drain

What I believe should be buffed:

• His Third Ability
    • With 130% Efficiency it costs 53 energy while his fourth costs 18 (which my current ESO build it channels for 6.86) While this sounds fine, without Flow you'll be using around 1/3rd of your energy casting this ability. Bringing it down to maybe around 55-60 baseline would make it a bit more viable to use.

You realize ability range does absolutely nothing to the actual range of the lasers? it only makes them thicker. I just compared 100% range to 280% range, literally no difference except the beams are thicker.

Edited by Monarch_Wrath

5 hours ago, HolyDemon00 said:

Stop baiting, troll.

Wasn't baiting, I was being serious.

2 minutes ago, Monarch_Wrath said:

You realize ability range does absolutely nothing to the actual range of the lasers? it only makes them thicker. 

Unless they changed something over the last 2 days then range was increasing his ability range, I'll pick him back up and re-test it.

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Wasn't baiting, I was being serious.

Unless they changed something over the last 2 days then range was increasing his ability range, I'll pick him back up and re-test it.

Just tested it in Captura a few seconds ago. 280% has the same range as 100%.

1 need a buff. Increase Cap, remove duration and Add range for the cast something like Harrow (1) and strength to scale damage of the thrall.  

2 need a buff. Less cast time, Duration-strength.

3 need a rework / Improve. Some mobility option and less jump of the cliff ability. Strength-Range  

4 need rework / improve. i rather prefer something less brainless and more interaction skill, like a cast ability. Strength-range

Thats my feedback! have a good day!

Dont ban me plz.

On 2018-08-26 at 2:57 AM, Joe_Barbarian said:

When I can let his 4 last over 100 seconds wiping everything out that i have line of sight of within 140m+ while going to get a drink, that's when I called BS saying it's less powerful version of mesa.

All the posts about his "insane range on 4" are completely and utterly false, as his base range of his lasers is unaffected by range mods, only the thiccness of his beams are affected by range mods. This makes me think you dont actually own the revenant since it's very clear that his range does not change at ALL once u slap on some range mods.

And dont try to weasel your way out of this saying "oh DE must've changed it 1 day after" it's just false as there are no mentions of any revenant changes to Danse macabre in the last hotfixes patch notes

Edited by birdobash

On 2018-08-27 at 2:57 PM, Joe_Barbarian said:

Captura ... Please tell me your feedback isn't from ... Captura ...

You have an unnecessary resentment against captura, it's a good place to test visual and ranges of abilities as time can be slowed down and paused to measure with screenshots