Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want to start Eidolon hunting

LarryYourWaiter

Question

Hello!  I’m ready to start Eidolon hunting!  I only have the mote amp so far.

so I’ve read a few guides and the only ‘meta’ frame I have for this is Volt Prime.

im wondering, would zephyr (prime’s) Turbulence ability not suit as the status protector’s role?  With a bunch of range and duration, I should be able to protect the team from all incoming projectiles.  Tornadoes could cc the vomvalysts?  

I’ve been maining zeph Prime and love flying her around the plains.  Does she not have a useful role in an Eidolon Hunt?

21 answers to this question

No, because you have Harrow or Limbo to protect, and the most important thing to have protection against is the Magnetic blast after you shoot down an Eidolon's limb and that blast is not a projectal so Zephyr is not so usefull, and even if you get hit by projectals there is always a Trinity to heal you and our dear Lures 

Volt is there to drop shields that add damage to the shoots of your operator child.

Zephyr wouldnt help much, because most of the time you're in operator form to remove the Eidolons shields. Once the shields are gone you attack the Eidolons weakpoints (not sure how to call them) with a high crit lanka or vectis with radiation damage. And no.. you shouldnt bring any other weapon and reinvent the meta... there is a reaspon why people pick a high damage sniper.

Also...get yourself a meta AMP and make sure that your operator has enoth life/regeneration, because otherwise you're not worth anything and willl die from any Eidolon hit.  Go into the void when the Eidolon attacks to "doge" his attacks. Start with the single Eidolon and once you deal good damage to the first one you can think about killing all 3 in one night (make sure that your team has a trinity, otherwise it is almost impossible with randoms, because the lures will die all the time)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb -VM-ROSKE:

No, because you have Harrow or Limbo to protect, and the most important thing to have protection against is the Magnetic blast after you shoot down an Eidolon's limb and that blast

Why would you need them to go into the Void? Just press V (to go into the void) while you're in operator mode and you're immune to the shockwave.

38 minutes ago, WingR84 said:

Why would you need them to go into the Void? Just press V (to go into the void) while you're in operator mode and you're immune to the shockwave.

Your warframe is still affected by the mag proc unless you got enough arcanes to nullify that

OP the best thing to do is take your Volt and practice in pubs using the Eidolon bounties. Start with Terry only. As a Volt, the thing you want to practice is being the first to the Eidolon after each limb is popped. You want to be right between its legs - like real close - looking up at its crotch. Aim your shields up at an angle to make it easier for your squaddies. You want the shields that close because Chroma will be proccing wisps at the Eidolon's feet so you can grab the wisp (to increase your amp damage) and then shoot through the Volt shields really quickly without too much running around.

It will take you a while to get accustomed to it all so don't be put off if you find it hard to begin with.

Also, if you haven't already, unlock and max Void Strike from the Naramon focus school. You'll need it as a requisite when you start using recruit chat to find other hunters.

Start with Teralyst pugs, but I would say upgrade ur amp to at least the first tier amp asap and have a high damage weapon modded for radiation damage.  Frames aren't as a big a deal for Teralyst hunts, just get comfortable with ur operator as you'll be using it a lot.  Get used to popping in and out and going void mode to avoid damage. 

To do a tridolon, seriously upgrade ur amp and operator and bring a useful frame.  U dont have to worry about damage as much since theres usually a chroma or rhino around, so work on support first and bringing down the shields on the eidolon.

In any fight, just dont stand around and do nothing lol. I see that way too often in pugs.  Like, get a lure or something if u cant hurt the thing.

Possibly, but you’d have difficulty in recruiting. Volt’s shields play a significant role buffing your squad’s damage, both in stripping shields and taking out limbs and the final cap/kill by shooting thru them. Zeph offers no buffs or team survivability. 

Also take the advice of others and cut your teeth on tera bounties. A lot of people have beefier amps and collecting shards and cores will get you standing with Onnko. You’ll need standing with the Ostrons too. When you get to a point of surviving and capping tera, move onto Tridelon attempts, because the next two get crazier.

Learn the spawn point for lures, bring ciphers to hack them intantly and get profficient at charging them. Archwing launcher, energy pads, and an Itzal are all very useful.

Note: The gauntilyst is nasty because his stomp attacks are followed by death from above. When he stomps move away from your shield and stay moving until the beams strike, as  they don’t move once they hit the ground. It saves you, your companion and any lures from much damage. You can return to the shield and it wont be spammed by the beams.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

7 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Hello!  I’m ready to start Eidolon hunting!  I only have the mote amp so far.

No you're not.

Build a better amp, there's nothing worse in pub than players not contributing towards knocking the shields down. Shooting limbs that's ok, that's the DPS's job but everybody else should be helping with the shields or it just makes things take longer and will annoy your team mates.

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

No you're not.

Build a better amp, there's nothing worse in pub than players not contributing towards knocking the shields down. Shooting limbs that's ok, that's the DPS's job but everybody else should be helping with the shields or it just makes things take longer and will annoy your team mates.

so that leaves me with just killing only vomvalysts to gain standing?  what else can i farm to be able to build my amp?

11 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

so that leaves me with just killing only vomvalysts to gain standing?  what else can i farm to be able to build my amp?

You'll have to join some pub hunts and be a passenger and hopefully not annoy too many people, just be prepared for some toxicity. I recommend building just the base 111 amp ie the first tier parts, until you can do more hunts and level up in Quills standing for the better parts. 111 will still be worlds better than the mote amp, it is seriously useless. Don't expect to be able to do any damage until you've built that amp.

Edited by Zilchy

22 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Go do some public hunts. Just help breaking shield as much as you can, in case nobody else has decent DPS you can help shooting down synovias (weak points on arms and legs), Rubico is just as good as Lanca for it. Also you can reduce eidolon's armor with most melee with Shattering Impact on it. Just don't reduce it to 0, otherwise eidolon will lose it's vulnerability to radiation damage.

There're legends about the first Tenno to go hunting eidolons in the night. They all had nothing but Mote amps but somehow managed to win and live to tell us how to fight better. Feel like you're one of them: wandering into the unnown, eager to learn.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

If you're really uncomfortable about being carried during a hunt, it is possible (albeit slow) to get your rep up with the Quills via other means. You already mentioned the vomvalysts; in addition to the pairs you can encounter randomly at night, I think there's a bunch that constantly respawn in the wake of an Eidolon itself. You could always (carefully) follow behind an Eidolon and just farm those.

Also, Plato, Lua always has a pair of Sentients that spawn at the start (so long as you're detected by them first) and, as an Exterminate mission, is fairly quick to run through afterwords.

I've had other stuff I've been taking care of prior to really grinding out stuff for my Operator, but even with just casually collecting Sentient cores from both runs on Lua and the random vomvalysts I've encountered while doing other stuff on the plains, I've managed to garner enough rep that I've got two out of the three blueprints needed for the first 111 amp.

So, it is possible to at least do the first level of rep or so without doing an actual hunts but, again, it will take a little longer.

2 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Just queue up for Teralyst pubs (NOT TRIDOLON) and be clear that you're new. I did a bunch of those with a Mote Amp and a Rubico until I could put together a 111 Amp, and nobody gave me S#&$ for it or even noticed. The only real faux pas for public Teralysts is not having even the Mote Amp.

(Again: the Teralyst, Gantulyst, Hyrdolyst bounty is a very different story, you really do need to have a meta setup even if you're pubbing that one.)

As others mentioned, just queue in the pub Teralyst hunts.  The number of vomvalysts that show up during a hunt will speed up the ranking process.  Bring Volt and put up shields in smart places for people to shoot through.  If you don't have two lures, go get a lure.  If they're not filled, try and fill them.  Peck at the shields with your mote amp.  Any help you can provide is fine.  In a pub Teralyst, I think most people will expect new hunters, so just do what you can.  

Just dive in by doing the public Teralyst bounty hunt. 

I'm fairly new at it myself because I was worrying too much about having crappy gear and not knowing exactly what to do. The only way to fix it really is by fighting it, you can level up the gear and Eidolon guides started making more sense after a few hunts.

Volt is pretty solid for it and as soon as you can get the basic Quill amp built you start feeling more impactful. Also bring one of the recommended snipers, if you land in a low dmg group everything matters.

With the Teralyst, if somebody turns toxic (happens very rarely) it's usually someone who can't solo it. The Teralyst is pretty simple so after a while you can solo it even if you land in a bad group. It just takes longer. 

These and wiki should clear things up 

Zephyr is actually suggested in the WF wiki for the 2nd Eidolon for avoiding its ground attacks so go ahead. 

I also use the Rubico it’s fast and responsive.

tbh I tried using meta and off meta frames because why not

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El