The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Lost Her Uniqueness

Wreckoning

Used to be I could bring Nyx on a tough mission and do the one thing that made her unique, make a large group of enemies attack each other.  Well, now Revenant can do the same.  This bums me out to be honest.  Her kit other than that was something I never even bothered with.  So I would say Revenant has eclipsed her.  Why bring Nyx on missions anymore?

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

You know about the "assimilate" augment right?

I mean, I quit playing Nyx because it was making me lazy, was just too easy to win with her efficiency and assimilate letting me walk (slowly admittedly,) around terminatoring things.

wich can be fixed with kid void dash so

1 minute ago, VeNoN said:

wich can be fixed with kid void dash so

yea I was playing with her mostly prior to the operators but that never even crossed my mind for some weird reason. Yea that would have been even worse for me haha

Basically, OP, equip assimilate, use 4, kid void dash to get places (god no, idea why I never thought of that after operators...) you will still be in terminator mode when you pop back in your body, use chaos and just unload onto the fighting crowd. Actually chaos is just to keep the boredom from creeping in.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

40 minutes ago, Wreckoning said:

Used to be I could bring Nyx on a tough mission and do the one thing that made her unique, make a large group of enemies attack each other.  Well, now Revenant can do the same.  This bums me out to be honest.  Her kit other than that was something I never even bothered with.  So I would say Revenant has eclipsed her.  Why bring Nyx on missions anymore?

You realize before Nyx there was LOKI Right? 

6 hours ago, Wreckoning said:

Used to be I could bring Nyx on a tough mission and do the one thing that made her unique, make a large group of enemies attack each other.

Oberon's Hallowed Ground causes Radiation procs on enemies which does the exact same thing. Nyx has not been unique for a long time.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb VeNoN:

rev can only put 4 5 dudes
nyx can put a fuking army
she seams too much unic too me

This.

Also, everyone in the group (enemies, teammates, yourself) can kill those 4 Thralls, so when i was playing with Revenant i started to ignore this ability really fast because you either designate yourself to just run around and spam your 1 all the the time to have some thralls or they are dead the next second anyway. The small area of effect with the damage isnt worth it at all aswell. And the supposed synergys with his 3 and 4 doesnt work in party-play aswell because they are dying so fast.

nyx combines immortality with ally defense and easy cheap mapwide CC.

Some frames come close to copying that, but not quite. Namely max range rhino and limbo. Their CC is stronger but also more expensive, and they're not quite as immortal.

What she lacks is damage, or stronger or more diverse CCs. 2 of her abilities are completely useless.

il y a 14 minutes, Sannleikur a dit :

nyx combines immortality with ally defense and easy cheap mapwide CC.

Some frames come close to copying that, but not quite. Namely max range rhino and limbo. Their CC is stronger but also more expensive, and they're not quite as immortal.

What she lacks is damage, or stronger or more diverse CCs. 2 of her abilities are completely useless.

Her second isn't usless because of the stuns it can provide with the augment, plus the radiaton proc, and you have a Really Solid Ability

20 minutes ago, Zedzee_true said:

Her second isn't usless because of the stuns it can provide with the augment, plus the radiaton proc, and you have a Really Solid Ability

With the augment it's not useless, but I personally despise the idea of abilities only being useful with an augment. Even then the stun is just unnecessary in her kit in combination with all of her other abilities. 

Radiation proc chance is entirely redundant considering she has the ability to guarantee the same effect across a 70 meter radius at will with Chaos.

In a kit that supports it it probably wouldn't be so bad. It's a waste of an ability, and an augment slot, on her.

Il y a 22 heures, (PS4)Riko_113 a dit :

Radiation proc chance is entirely redundant considering she has the ability to guarantee the same effect across a 70 meter radius at will with Chaos.

I didn't mention but, the proc is interesting because it contributes to Condition overload

Edited by Zedzee_true

I'd hardly say Revenant even challenges Nyx.  Nyx's minions are a mass of enemies that shoot each other or a single enemy that has the potential to do anything.  Revenant's minions are nothing but a speed-bump that instantly turn into a pillar of fire (that other enemies rarely step over) because your allies often kill them before they can even infect another enemy, let alone do any damage than could actually help the fight.

The only purposes I've found for Enthrall is to disable a heavy damaging target and killing them immediately.

Nyx's minions are useful in life, Revenant's minions are useful in death/dying.  That's it.

That said, I do think Nyx needs some type of buff/rework because half of her kit isn't that helpful.

Revenant is not why Nyx lost her uniqueness. The only thing going for Revenant is his 4, his 1 is terrible with its max minion count of four.

Loki's Irradiated Disarm augment and Oberon's Hallowed Ground are far more of a threat to Nyx's uniqueness than Revenant is.

On 2018-08-26 at 9:19 PM, peterc3 said:

If you were only interested in Nyx for Chaos, and only for the fact it made enemies fight each other... are you aware of Radiation's proc effect?

Enduring Affliction and a rad-proccing Lecta for a Nyx on a String with forever as duration.

I'm more a melee-hamsterballer myself, so she's still pretty unique. 

(Not that I wouldn't mind her 1 and 2 get a bit of love)

To answer your question, Nyx can control a whole map in an instant and make that mission really easy for you and your teammates (don't forget that there is a chance for enemies to be dissarmed aswell), Revenant can only control a certain number of enemies and it takes time for it to happen. (a very low number in my opinion).

If the ammount of thralls you can have wasn't capped (or the number was really high, like 40 or 50 thralls) then i could understand you.