Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mot, Void: A Few Do and Don't

Many of us are out there trying to get that Axi S3 relic to drop and we've come to learn that it more reliably drops from that "arm" of the Void that includes Aten, Marduk, Mithra and the Mot. However, the Mot seems to be the popular choice on PS4 and I thought I'd drop a few pearls of wisdom regarding how best to approach this node.

Some facts you need to know:

The enemies on the Mot, Void start at levels 40-45.

According to the Wiki, these enemies will do 200% more damage. I remember reading somewhere that it's 300% for the Mot, but I could be wrong.

The Axi S3 relic has an 11.11% chance to drop on rotation C (which is every 20 minutes in a survival)

The thing to take away from those facts is this:

DO come prepared to stay for AT LEAST 20 minutes. It's not fair to make other players revive you over and over for 15 minutes and insist on them leaving before they get a chance at the item they came for in the first place.

DO abort, unless your Nidus, if you go down twice in the first three minutes. You want to leave before the five-minute point so that another more prepared player can join.

DO back off the Nidus in the beginning, give them a chance to build their stacks. I've been going through an Ivara Prowl phase lately and will put down a cloak arrow so the Nidus can stand in it and go to town on the enemies. This is a courtesy move because later on his fourth ability will help everyone survive.

DO stay near other players if you're having trouble surviving. Most players will not go beyond 100m to revive you, so stay close.

DO try to bring a sturdy/tank frame, think Inaros or Umbra. You need to be able to take a lot of damage to survive.

DO bring a frame with invisibility features like Loki, Ash or Ivara if you don't have a sturdy, tank frame like Inaros.

DO grab life support (whether you need it or not) IF you're going to complete one of those puzzle rooms. If the music for the puzzle challenge starts I usually keep an eye on the life support, but most players don't. Others players should grab some life support on their way to see what dropped in the puzzle room as well.

DO ask for help if you need it.

DON'T self-revive unless you're over 100m away from the rest of the squad. If you're in the same room, most players will revive you.

DON'T bring your glass cannon if you're going to continue to bleed out 100+ meters away from the rest of the squad. I will revive your Saryn, Banshee or Mesa for 3 hours straight as long as you're within 100m. For me, it's about getting the Axi S3 and not about the kills; I welcome your damage dealing frame.

PLEASE DON'T max range Equinox, the life support gets dropped too far.

Finally, if your squad is bleeding out and the life support is flashing red, GET THE LIFE SUPPORT PLEASE! There's no use bringing everyone back if we don't have life support.

I hope this is helpful. It's just a game, have fun, but let's do it so that we all can enjoy ourselves. If you have more tips to add it will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: This tip is from @Iludra and @SneakyErvin: Axi S3 is better farmed on Marduk, Void. I banned myself from trying to speed run sabotages, the minute that Hidden Orokin Caches prompt shows up I can't stop myself from searching for them!  Edit: I forgot my manners, Thank you!

Edit: Shoutout to @TheGrimCorsair @watt4hem @TARINunit9 Thank you for confirming that the 200% damage is indeed extra and therefore when added to the base 100%, these enemies are dealing 300% damage. Thank you!

Edit: Shoutout to @Chel-El and @ShadowBlood89: Use your operator to revive squad mates and get life support. Thank you! Can't believe I forgot this one!

Edit: Shoutout to @Lei-Lei_23 for pointing out that the life support that drops from enemies depends on your groups overall kills-per-second. So you have to keep killing to get that life support. Thank you!

Edit: Shoutout to @Autongnosis  thank you for bringing up two great tips: 

1. Keep moving and especially rolling. Rolling helps you to avoid damage.

2. If you're going to stray from the group, it's best that you only go as far as the next room/tile, because the enemy spawns will get disrupted and life support will suffer.

Edited by (PS4)supernova_girlie

I wish the game actually gave some indication that it was so dangerous, so that players could at least know that they need to do some research on it.

I mean, posting this on the forum can be helpful, certainly, but in all likelyhood people who don't know this stuff are the minority here. DE need to add something to the game so that players are prompted to look up threads like these...

Thanks for posting this, pretty good tips there.

I have a couple questions for you, since you've been using Ivara for this.

Even thou I can play Ivara on Mot for whatever time I want, sometimes I have issues when doing it on multiplayer sessions.

Namely:

1) For some weird reason she goes out of prowl sometimes when she shouldn't. Namely if bullet jumping. This does not happen on solo missions, only multiplayer. ( I have a topic about this "bug" posted on the forums with examples ). How do you go around this?

2) When using Ivara on public Mot sessions, one of the challenges for me is to avoid cross fire. My Ivara is pretty squishy, but then again she isn't supposed to be hit. She gets one shot easily. The only way to do it reliably is basically not to be near your squad mates afaik. Any recommendations?

Edited by (PS4)xtharbadx

1 minute ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Thanks for posting this, pretty good tips there.

I have a question for you, since you've been using Ivara for this.

Even thou I can play Ivara on Mot for whatever time I want, sometimes I have issues when doing it on multiplayer sessions.

Namely:

1) For some weird reason she goes out of prowl sometimes when she shouldn't. Namely if bullet jumping. This does not happen on solo missions, only multiplayer. ( I have a topic about this "bug" posted on the forums with examples ). How do you go around this?

2) When using Ivara on public Mot sessions, one of the challenges for me is to avoid cross fire. My Ivara is pretty squishy, but then again she isn't supposed to be hit. She gets one shot easily. The only way to do it reliably is basically not to be near your squad mates afaik. Any recommendations?

I've been having that first bug and didn't realize it was a bug until you mentioned it. I want to add that when this happens, even though Prowl is off, I also cannot get energy neither from orbs nor from energy plates. I usually just move away from other players, turn Prowl on and off and then on real quick then everything returns to normal.

My kills and damage output suffer from me trying to avoid crossfire. I usually stay in the same room but in a corner where I can shoot and loot enemies. I know the other players be like "dang that MR25 s**ks!", but I'd rather get those relics. They end up standing in my cloak bubble at the 40 minute mark anyway.

Mot with Loki and Rhino were both relatively relaxed runs, but even then they required proper builds. Savior decoy, QT or Natural talent for Loki & Iron Shrapnel, armor mods for Rhino. Mot made it clear to me why they are considered meta by many.

That didn’t stop me from carrying my main glass cannon tho 

image.jpg

Yes it’s more hectic than the meta, but it can be done 

I used heavy shield padding mixed with the healing Furis augment. Then added some range as I got more comfortable.

To prevent instadeath I sequenced 424 or 42Furis lifesteal. Build has to have fleeting exp + streamline. 

The lesson was to build/play defensively in difficult missions first, then try out more offensive builds as you gain the experience 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

43 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

According to the Wiki, these enemies will do 200% more damage. I remember reading somewhere that it's 300% for the Mot, but I could be wrong.

Both are correct depending on phrasing. Enemies on Mot do 3x normal damage, because they add their damage twice on top of their normal damage. Or, put another way, imagine they did 10 damage and all suddenly got a free +200% damage mod dropped on them for a total 30 damage.

additional frames to use:

Valk prime- kit with a full set of umbral mods a Quick attack polearm and a High ROF weapon for nullies

Oberon- build similarly to Valk and include Phenox renewal for the team carry also bring a good High ROF weapon (assuming that your team remembers you give buffs and to stay away from nullies)

Gara- build with for duration and strength with 100% range cast 2 every 20-60 seconds cast 4 repeat, also avoid nullies at all costs

courtesy:

If you don't need to kill to maintain stuff and others don't kill everything (valk, harrow, and nidus need consistent kills for them to work)

If you have buffs (renewal, warcry...) avoid nullifiers it is very annoying to see teammates die when you are a phoenix Oberon because they lost your buffs (armor, Health regen, free revive every 90sec)

I don’t know why some would discourage the Mot experience in exchange for sabotage. 

It was a good move from DE imo, to let people challenge themselves, in both building and surviving 

Mot, Onslaught and POE teach survival, dps and movement respectively. It’s good training to be under stress sometimes. 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

10 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

So ill reach MOT this afternoon.  Looking to farm relics, also looking for advice.

Should i take a prowl Ivara or an EV Trin P?

Also have a Val P that i have just Forma'd so i wont be using her yet.

Take them all. I took tanks, stealths and a squishy caster, the discipline of Mot will bring out their best and so u learn a lot. 

Build and play defensively at first, then try to find the optimal casting loops, positioning, timing as you’re there. Then rebuild and retry. Touch the orbs for energy too, Mot is good experience even if you fail at first 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

Touch the orbs for energy too

Massively stupid Q here...

I know Prime frames benefit from Orokin orbs energy but i have never actively sought to use them to my advantage.

To make sure i have this correct, the large rotating orbs that spit out lasers, touch them (just bump into them?) and they give you energy, like 250 energy, right?

Because that just voids Trins EV surely?  How often do you get the energy, can i stay in Hysteria with Valkyr P forever by touching orbs? 

Too lazy to google sorry people.  Besides, i like discussing, not just googling.

Cheers in advance!

7 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

No worries, there's no strange ambiguities. 100% base damage +200% more damage = 300% total damage

4 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Massively stupid Q here...

I know Prime frames benefit from Orokin orbs energy but i have never actively sought to use them to my advantage.

To make sure i have this correct, the large rotating orbs that spit out lasers, touch them (just bump into them?) and they give you energy, like 250 energy, right?

Because that just voids Trins EV surely?  How often do you get the energy, can i stay in Hysteria with Valkyr P forever by touching orbs? 

Too lazy to google sorry people.  Besides, i like discussing, not just googling.

Cheers in advance!

I'm not sure about Valkyr, but I can get the 250 energy on Ember while running WoF. Also, if non-primes stand next to your prime at the orb they can get the energy as well. However, these orbs do not trivialise Trinity, because once they are "hit" they cannot be used again. If someone else gets to it before you and you're out range, you won't be able to get it.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I'm not sure about Valkyr

Even if you can gain Energy in Hysteria, the Ability won't last for the Whole Mission without Arcane Energize. Since i reached 60+ Mins in Mot with 1 revive used, Hysteria don't have to last for the Whole Mission.

I have had hystarya last longer than it should have so I would assume so but the gift is once per prime per run and you don't need to touch just proximity will do (this is frustrating). It will trigger if you are full on energy and therefore be wasted(this is why). just bring the Frame you are best with and Remeber Mag is considered to be an excellent endurance frame (as in you have stayed so long Inaros just got one shot also  with her augment she disables the map and can destroy armor If you use her, grab the supra/vandal, Lanka, dera vandal,  mara detron or any other projectile weapon that is any good)