Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Mot, Void: A Few Do and Don't

im joining a lot of Mot survival  with Oberon max range and support and people run from me like the Kitty mission its an extermination. People will never understand that survival is all baout to camp and stay close to make it easy. 

im the guy who never revive people outside 100mt. I tent to res more players than my smeeta kabat on ESO

2 minutes ago, xcenic said:

im joining a lot of Mot survival  with Oberon max range and support and people run from me like the Kitty mission its an extermination. People will never understand that survival is all baout to camp and stay close to make it easy. 

im the guy who never revive people outside 100mt. I tent to res more players than my smeeta kabat on ESO

At least those players died from a distance from you. I've seen players die in 3 mins or slightly Longer.

1 minute ago, xcenic said:

im joining a lot of Mot survival

ok sounds good

1 minute ago, xcenic said:

with Oberon max range

that is not how you build Oberon for this mission try balanced with extra strength and a hint of Phoenix Flame

but really Max range Oberon does not do that much considering what a High strength one can do 450 armor and 80 HP per second is more useful than a rad procked room

6 minutes ago, xcenic said:

There are two very distinct players when it comes to survival.

There is the camping player.

There is the action-seeking, usually melee, player.

Neither player is right or wrong.  I'm a bit of a hybrid, I prefer that we run around open lockers for the first 20 minutes or so; I'm speaking of survival in general. This comes with some caveats: As long as everyone can survive and do damange and as long as we're not messing up the life support. 

As a rule of thumb, if I want to camp, I get some friends together or head over to recruit chat. There is an unwritten rule: Never show up at a public survival and expect everyone to camp. It's not fair to Valkyr. It's not fair Excalibur. It's not fair to Ash. It's not fair to our brother Wukong. It's not fair to my goody-spreading Steel Charge Nekros. Most of those frames are melee frames and players that rock them enjoy whacking and slashing the Sobek-Hek-Ignus-Tigris out of the enemies.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Never show up at a public survival and expect everyone to camp. It's not fair to Valkyr.

as the valk If you all camp in a good spot and don't kill the enemy I will be fine.  (that method is very effective if you choose a good room) but don't expect me to hide with you I will stay nearby (in said room and the connecting halls and no further) but I still need to kill stuff (Valk does not work well as a non-DPS tank)

7 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

DO back off the Nidus in the beginning, give them a chance to build their stacks. I've been going through an Ivara Prowl phase lately and will put down a cloak arrow so the Nidus can stand in it and go to town on the enemies. This is a courtesy move because later on his fourth ability will help everyone survive.

I like to "Feed the Nidus" myself.  My preferred method is to sleep arrow the enemies to CC enemies while still leaving them alive for Nidus to build stacks.  It just benefits everyone when Nidus has enough stacks to use his powers.  

7 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Finally, if your squad is bleeding out and the life support is flashing red, GET THE LIFE SUPPORT PLEASE! There's no use bringing everyone back if we don't have life support.

Goodness yes!  Please do this.  If I have to choose between rezing a player or getting Life Support because we're dangerously low, I'm going for the LS pod.  Nothing personal, but got to keep the mission going.

Fantastic set of tips Supernova.   

IF you're going to complete one of those puzzle rooms. If the music for the puzzle challenge starts I usually keep an eye on the life support, but most players don't. Others players should grab some life support on their way to see what dropped in the puzzle room as well.

Um, in the Void?

Why so serious?

You can just bring Octavia and sit there semi-afk for 40 minutes, watching memes and whatnot. I haven't figured out why, but somewhere around 40-50 min enemies seem to loose their interest in shooting a stationary Mallet. I tend to avoid using Resonator, because a) stationary Mallet is easier for them to shoot at and damage ramps up faster; b) when it comes close and Bombard decises to launch a rocket at the same time it's an instant death.

Edited by saradonin

10 hours ago, VPrime96 said:

If you done Ayatan Treasure Missions with Maroo, you would know what she's talking about because it's the same Room.

I was very tired when I posted that, I misread as "music puzzle room". I know about the normal puzzle rooms in the void lol

11 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Massively stupid Q here...

I know Prime frames benefit from Orokin orbs energy but i have never actively sought to use them to my advantage.

To make sure i have this correct, the large rotating orbs that spit out lasers, touch them (just bump into them?) and they give you energy, like 250 energy, right?

Because that just voids Trins EV surely?  How often do you get the energy, can i stay in Hysteria with Valkyr P forever by touching orbs? 

It's not an obvious feature, so it's not a dumb question. 

All a prime warframe has to do is brush against (be less than a meter or two) an orb when you see one and are low on energy. I don't recall how much, but it's not trivial. I use them to initially power up a warframe like TrinP, who potentially has high activation costs. Otherwise, they're just handy to fill up when available. 

They are the large laser and knockdown orbs--Death Orbs.

Has really nothing to do with EV Trins. In my experience, EV Trins don't fare well in higher survivals, unless someone else is covering them closely. What you will see is Link/Blessing Trins running Abating Link and high strength. These tend to have high activation costs and if you've pushed your energy pool too far (like a dip into QT) a convenient Death Orb means a quick boost and back on the EV/Bless/Link rotation. 

Each Orb will provide one boost for each prime warframe. Once you've used on, don't bother going back. They might be on some sort of timer, but if so it's more than 20min. 

Sitting here thinking about it, I can't recall if ValkP can draw on an Orb in Hysteria or not...I'm inclined to think not. I don't typically spend lots of time in Hysteria, sooo...can't think of an instance offhand. However, each Orb is one shot, and there aren't that many of them, so they're not going to be a everlasting source of energy no matter what the situation. 

Tbh if you're doing 20 mins you can bring wharever the heck you want and survive on movement alone. Even at 40 you can sort of manage. The damage becomes truly problematic only if you're staying past 45-50 mins at which point you want to bring something a bit more decked, but you don't need a minmaxed frame until about 90 mins in. 

Do remember a few things:

• Void enemies all have projectile guns save for the heavy gunners, so just ADSing and bullet jumping can save you from most of the incoming fire. 
  • Void tiles are multilevel and enemies tend to focus in what's on their floor rather than higher or lower, so abusing heights you can further reduce incoming fire. 
  • If you're not confident in your aim and coordination when moving about, bring AoE guns. 
  • While you do not need to camp, please do not move more than a single tile (room) away from the rest of the group. In non fissure survivals spawns tend to be #*!%ed up really fast if someone hallway heroes 3 tiles away. Just pick a big room and stay in yhe genral vicinity, best if inside the affinity share radius. 
  • Rolling saves lives. Literally. It makes you immune to CC animations and reduces significantly incoming damage, even DoTs (70% iirc). 
  • There are really only two enemies you need to be sort of mindful of for the first half an hour to 40 mins, which are butchers (if they catch you pants down they #*!%ing HURT) and crewmen with their shotguns. 

On the orbs, it is ONE use only. Even if there are 4 primes in the team it's just one use. They behave like energy pickups tho so nothing stops them from working, you can get energy while on channeled skill, under drain from energy leeches and whatever else. Oh well technically a magnetic proc stops them but nothing can proc magnetic in the void. 

Edited by Autongnosis

12 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

There is the action-seeking, usually melee, player.

Neither player is right or wrong.  I'm a bit of a hybrid, I prefer that we run around open lockers for the first 20 minutes or so; I'm speaking of survival in general. This comes with some caveats: As long as everyone can survive and do damange and as long as we're not messing up the life support. 

As a rule of thumb, if I want to camp, I get some friends together or head over to recruit chat. There is an unwritten rule: Never show up at a public survival and expect everyone to camp. It's not fair to Valkyr. It's not fair Excalibur. It's not fair to Ash. It's not fair to our brother Wukong. It's not fair to my goody-spreading Steel Charge Nekros. Most of those frames are melee frames and players that rock them enjoy whacking and slashing the Sobek-Hek-Ignus-Tigris out of the enemies.

Quoted for Truth. I absolutely hate camping. I’d rather throw my body into the horde of Nullifiers and Corrupted Techs and cut them down like the crazed savage that I am.

I’m not there to farm loot (been playing the game actively for 3 years straight with a brief hiatus during the Destiny 2 release, resources and mods are no concern), I’m not there to feel safe and secure in a corner, I’m there to mess the Orokin up with blade in hand and waiting for those rotation rewards to show up.

I appreciate what the other players are recommending in running Survival, especially for Mot, but they can’t touch this tenacity in me. This bloodlust to **** the Orokin at their breeding grounds is mine alone! \( *O*)/

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I’m not there to farm loot (been playing the game actively for 3 years straight with a brief hiatus during the Destiny 2 release, resources and mods are no concern), I’m not there to feel safe and secure in a corner, I’m there to mess the Orokin up with blade in hand and waiting for those rotation rewards to show up.

Nothing wrong with that if that's what you like to do, but sounds like ESO would be a better playground for that particular style.

The goal of a Survival mission is to .. well.. survive, and as space mom says, "as long as you can".

The goal is not to kill as many as possible as fast as possible. As long as you're killing enough to keep life support, that's perfectly fine.

I often see players that go on a kill frenzy on Mot like there's no tomorrow ( usually the same players that die often lol ), as if they were doing ESO, where that is not really the goal, and certainly isn't going to make the mission go faster.

Again, nothing wrong with going on a kill frenzy if that's what you like to do, just thought I would point this out.

I agree with @Autongnosis with rolling for surviving 

Not only does it reduce damage taken, for cc caster frames it’s important to stay grounded to have access to some abilities 

My Mag used to bullet jump around a lot while casting 1. This is still good for traversing in sorties, but in Mot where constant cc is survival, bullet jumping can cause casting delays or death. 

(Fleeting exp + Streamline) into (424 or 42 healing Furis) is my ability loop but your frame prolly has one too, go find it Tenno 

13 hours ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

As a rule of thumb, if I want to camp, I get some friends together or head over to recruit chat. There is an unwritten rule: Never show up at a public survival and expect everyone to camp. Most of those frames are melee frames and players that rock them enjoy whacking and slashing the Sobek-Hek-Ignus-Tigris out of the enemies.

Sure, I love going all hack and slash with Umbra and Valkyr as much as the next tenno, but when somebody says "camp here" and marks with a waypoint, 2 people follow him and the fourth stays hacking and slashing, everything is still fine until the lone wolf starts dying, being revived, and dying again.

TL;DR If you can afford to use melee in Mot, fine, but if the team camps and you die too much, don't expect revives

(this post is speaking generally, just quoted your post for the relevance)

Edited by (XB1)PredakingXYT

43 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Nothing wrong with that if that's what you like to do, but sounds like ESO would be a better playground for that particular style.

The goal of a Survival mission is to .. well.. survive, and as space mom says, "as long as you can".

The goal is not to kill as many as possible as fast as possible. As long as you're killing enough to keep life support, that's perfectly fine.

I often see players that go on a kill frenzy on Mot like there's no tomorrow ( usually the same players that die often lol ), as if they were doing ESO, where that is not really the goal, and certainly isn't going to make the mission go faster.

Again, nothing wrong with going on a kill frenzy if that's what you like to do, just thought I would point this out.

I remember playing in 2015 where you were capped on how much life support towers you were allotted in Survival missions. Kills were very important to get life support packs back in the day, and it still is to this day. The change to get respawnable life support towers has since been implemented, but the knowledge and experience to keep the kill count up in Survival ops should not be disregarded.

And this was (and still is) apparent for T4 difficulty in the Void.

Differences in playstyles, regardless. The game has changed since 2015.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

I don’t know why some would discourage the Mot experience in exchange for sabotage. 

It was a good move from DE imo, to let people challenge themselves, in both building and surviving 

Mot, Onslaught and POE teach survival, dps and movement respectively. It’s good training to be under stress sometimes. 

110% Agreed!  

29 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Last I checked prowl is supposed to end when you bullet jump, if it doesn't then that was a bug. 

You're right, I totally forgot to mention that earlier. There is some kind of bug though and I think it has something to do with other players' movement. I've seen my Prowl get cancelled and it's still working. I have to toggle it on and off a few times to get it in synch with the UI. I think it could be lag and overheating consoles, at least on PS4.

On a side note: I'm trying to give credit where it is due, but some of the names are not showing up in the auto-select thingamabob.