Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant blueprints have too high of a drop chance.

Shards-of-a-Soul

I know that sounds like a good thing, but it's not. Sure it's nice for a bit when you're trying to build him, but after you have all his pieces (after like, 5 bounties, maybe), it just clutters drop tables. I understand this was probably done to avoid Gara or Khora's situation, but this was overcompensation.

bijzmpG.jpg

And this is apparently the rarest of the three parts.

Can we have Revenant changed to be closer to Mirage or Limbo? Where we are just taken through a few missions and reward a part for each? After all you can only get one blueprint for Revenant, so there's no use at all for duplicate parts.

As it is his parts just clutter bounty drops way too much.

So because YOU got two neuroptics ONCE while doing incursions, we can safely come to a conclusion that they drop way too often for everyone else and should have their drop rate reduced.  See my point?

Anyway, the real issue here is neuroptics being a rare drop because, once you obtain them, as you said, they are a useless drop you don't want to see; especially since getting a rare loot from the table to drop is a feat on its own. They should've just placed them as an uncommon drop.

Just now, Gweredith said:

So because YOU got two neuroptics ONCE while doing incursions, we can safely come to a conclusion that they drop way too often for everyone else and should have their drop rate reduced.  See my point?

Anyway, the real issue here is neuroptics being a rare drop because, once you obtain them, as you said, they are a useless drop you don't want to see; especially since getting a rare loot from the table to drop is a feat on its own. They should've just placed them as an uncommon drop.

You're assuming I've only ever gotten two. I have like 6 of them. And I don't even go to the plains much. I've only recently gone back to get some standing for zaw blueprints. Second, my point was never that their drop chance should be reduced. I literally said in the post my suggestion was to change Revenant to be more like Mirage or Limbo in acquisition. He would be even more of an issue of his neuroptics were uncommon like his other parts. It would just dilute the table even more.

Just now, EvilChaosKnight said:

I have a better idea.
Revenant parts BPs appear once you start the miniquest and then vanish from drop tables once it's complete (which is only possible after the frame is built).
Apply the same system to Gara as well maybe.

An easy solution for clutter.

This would be fine, yeah. I'm just not sure how that would work for public bounties. Like if you're doing the quest are you separated from everyone that isn't? If they can change drop rates for bounties for each person individual without effecting anything else than I definitely think this would be the best solution though.

4 minutes ago, Shards-of-a-Soul said:

You're assuming I've only ever gotten two. I have like 6 of them. And I don't even go to the plains much. I've only recently gone back to get some standing for zaw blueprints. Second, my point was never that their drop chance should be reduced. I literally said in the post my suggestion was to change Revenant to be more like Mirage or Limbo in acquisition. He would be even more of an issue of his neuroptics were uncommon like his other parts. It would just dilute the table even more.

It remains the same that you are generalizing from your personal experiences, though. It took me way more work to get my pieces, for example. A lot of my guild mates still haven't managed to get all the parts. Putting the neuroptics as an uncommon drop would remove the frustration of wasting a dice roll that would reward you with a useful golden reward with a piece you will never need again once you obtain it once. We already have furas wraith to annoy us enough as it is, though they can at least be traded. 

Edited by Gweredith

What Gara situation? Gara has pretty high drop rates too. Or do you mean, Day 1 bounties? Those seemed like a nightmare.

Whoever does bounties often knows that uncommon items are extremely easy to get, unless you're part of the minority that has/had terrible luck.

As for rare rewards, it depends on the drop rate. I'd say 2 attempts at the neuro (7% and 10%) shouldn't take you long to get one.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Shards-of-a-Soul said:

This would be fine, yeah. I'm just not sure how that would work for public bounties. Like if you're doing the quest are you separated from everyone that isn't? If they can change drop rates for bounties for each person individual without effecting anything else than I definitely think this would be the best solution though.

Shouldn't be too hard technically. In the old Sortie reward system we could have had certain duplicates replaced by other rewards automatically.
Now, simply using the same system here, the game would roll into, say, Revenant Chassis BP for people with active quest, but it would be replaced by a random reward of the same tier for other squadmates.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

1 minute ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Shouldn't be too hard technically. In the old Sortie reward system we could have had certain duplicates replaced by other rewards automatically.
Now, simply using the same system here, the game would roll into, say, Revenant Chassis BP for people with active quest, but it would be replaced by a random reward of the same tier for other squadmates.

Oh, didn't now they'd done that already. Yeah I'm completely behind this idea then.

4 minutes ago, davej83 said:

ok so.. if drop " a bit better " for some1  pls down the rate.. but if it´s hard pls make rates high... why ppl complain abouth everything..

The problem at its core is not the high drop chance itself, but that his parts are taking up space in the drop tables even after you've finished building him. The high drop chance just makes that problem worse.

26 minutes ago, Aisu9 said:

your just a lucky guy, I have to do this bountie like 20 time to drop this part :c

I'm glad you say that, was afraid I would see too much of that part when doing daily rep grind but probably not. I wish it would not be on that drop table at all because after you get it the first time it becomes useless, unlike most other bounty rewards.

They could at least set the credit value of the rare part higher so it would be a very large credit cache equivalent. Not saying you really need more credits after a certain point, but better than nothing and easy to implement 😉

• 3 weeks later...