Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Nidus Build?

Rubbermouth451

Question

15 answers to this question

do range and strength, you gonna want at least 180% power strength to get 90% damage redirection on parasitic link. You dont need efficiency on nidus. go for strength, duration, range.

And mods like hunter adrenaline/rage can really help since all he got is health.

Edited by rainpig

21 minutes ago, kevekev302 said:

Build for range/efficiency (less duration if you plan on spamming 2/1 for stacks), any good weapon for killing tight clusters, for your mr id go with hek

Pretty much what this guy said, but skip efficiency,  and instead focus on power. Not that Nidus really needs the power in long runs, but if you want to use him in shorter missions like extermination, he'll need that initial boost.  Swap Streamline for Rage or Hunter Adrenaline,  and you're good to go.  The trick to make this really effective is to learn how to manage your 3rd skill - his link ability makes him all but invincible, but with Nidus, you don't always want to be invincible. 

3 minutes ago, rainpig said:

do range and strength, you gonna want at least 180% power strength to get 90% damage redirection on parasitic link. You dont need efficiency on nidus. go for strength, duration, range.

And mods like hunter adrenaline/rage can really help since all he got is health.

Ninja'd lol

At Starchart levels, Nidus' kit doesn't really need any help. However, at higher levels (such as Sorties), Nidus needs some help dealing with Armor. Get a Status weapon with Corrosive damage in his loadout for that higher level stuff, and you should be good. I use the Mara Detron myself, but there are plenty of options to choose from.

1 hour ago, kamyung said:

Ya but good weapons normally is Mr8 or above

There are tons of index viable weapons at rank 5! 

Most popular probably being the Hek.  A few others-

Ignis

Vectis

Dread (one of,  if not THE best bows in the game) 

Atterax

Snipetron/Vandal

Boltor

Atomos

All of these are great weapons when modded right,  and are viable in Index, to some degree.  Vecis and Dread being excellent choices,  considering the nature of Index,  and it's  propensity for spawning few enemies at a time.   Ignis and other CC style weapons don't  do AS well, but their ability to proc stats at ridiculous rates make them viable for niche builds as well.  

My fav weapon for nidus is zakti + glaive prime. Zakti shoots darts that explode and modded right can do insane damage and cause almost every element type. They take about 1-2 seconds to explode. I like to shoot a couple and then use abilities while they detonate. If you get a tough enemy, Then u use glaive prime with condition overload to do extreme damage for every element u put on the enemy. And glaive is a thrown weapon so u can charge throw for even more damage or melee with it, theirs a really good stance for it. With this i never use a primary. However I keep soma prime for long range back up.

For mods I did health, armour, armoured agility and rage to get energy back plus your energy back from your main stack builder. Plus I went strength and range with a lil bit of duration.

For companion I went 10 forma helminth charger. Hunter mod set as well. Limited selection of mods so the ten that are best. He will literally disappear on you, and then you realize it's cause he's running around killing stuff. Until later levels his health won't drop more then 10 points. I believe I only use one precept on him. The charge. His pull in move ain't worth it.

With this setup, im practically invincible until late game stuff. It's a bit of investment however totally worth it if nidus is your fav like me.

Good luck, have fun.

(Sorry I'm lacking some details. Been away for awhile and still remembering everything again)

Edited by (XB1)Magnesium 360

I'll recommend getting larva burst, which is versatile because you can pop larva if you need to gather swell of enemies enemies (to pull them off a defense target or simply make a barrel of fish to shoot). The toxin damage is a plus. Extreme range and some strength are especially handy. 

There is no best build for all conditions, but a larva burst + range/some duration build is a great workhorse for me. I use it in hydron to level weapons. Putting all the enemies in a big ball makes for fast waves. It's great on sortie defense and especially with radiation conditions b/c you can larva enemies far away from yourself and squaddies avoiding friendly fire for the most part. For solo sortie defense or mobile defense it very good on nidus.

Hello,

Nidus is very versatile and can fit quite a few roles so best build is kinda difficult to say,

my "Standard" build revolves around

high range (about 190) to pull enemies and extend my link,

default efficiency (about 100) as you will get refunded with virulence ,

Slightly higher duration (about 128%) to keep your effects active longer,

and as much strength as you can muster 😄 (200 suggested though you will be fine with lower) , this will get you through most of high (up to 100 lvl) content.

But it will depend on your playstyle as well.

For Weapon load out , a good AOE status weapon for Corrosive / Gas (pox is a good example) can make a real big difference , i dont know what you can get for MR 5 though.

Hunter Adrenaline can be used very effectively on Nidus cause obvious lack of shields,

Armor (steel fiber) is not a must if you use your link on enemies but will make you much more tanky before you start building stacks.

Hey, 

I would recommend going full strength & range along with a bit of duration if you can squeeze it in.

my build is essentially just lots of strength and range, paired with a bit of duration. My build is as followed:

241% Power Strength: Power drift, blind rage, intensify 

175% Range: Augur reach, stretch

100% Duration: Good enough, my larva stays around for long enough in order for me to hit it with virulence

55% Efficiency: No need to sweat it. Add Hunter Munitions/Rage to allow yourself to regen from dmg upon health. Nidus already has good synergy anyways, energy really shouldn't be an issue

As for the lens, I personally use Naramon because I just happened to have a naramon lens and nothing else. I like the lesion or hirudo with him.

(Note I did not use Umbral Mods, only the regular steel fiber and vitality)

EDIT: You could always swap intensify for augur secrets/continuity, that brings the strength down to 211%, but should be plenty. Your duration would be 124% which is quite optimal imo

Cheers,

A-Not-So-Lone Tenno

Edited by Ecst4tic

NIdus is one of the best frame to take advantage of the Umbra Mods, since all 3 attributes are relevant to him. My current build is -

Steel Charge, Power Drift

Umbral Fiber, Umbral Intensity, Umbral Vitality.

Augur Secrets, Hunter Adrenaline, Stretch, Augur Reach, Flow.

Edited by 541K4T

Not sure if there is a "best build" for Nidus. It depends on what youre doing at the time some times you'll want max range and min duration (Endo farming in arena) other times you'll want range and duration, other times you'll want range and strength. Two things are pretty consistant though efficiency doesnt matter and range is always good any one that tells you other wise doesnt understand that his 1 refunds 25% energy spent on it per enemy hit with no cap. Combined with a free extra cast from your link if your 2 sucks in at least 3 guys when you use your 1 to hit the death ball you get 150% of the energy spent to cast it. Doesnt matter how much you spent on it, if you spend 10 energy to cast you get 15 back if you spent 50 energy to cast you get 75 back. With max range it is very possible to pull in 10+ enemies hit all of them twice using your link and max your energy. 

Another reason range is his most important stat is that stacks are king as Nidus. Once he has 50+ stacks he is basically immortal range makes it easier to build stacks.