The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark-Forma or Umbra-Forma

JohnnyMeta

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Again... DE said no, most of the community agreed and there's several pretty great and good reasons for it not to be a thing. 

not sure where the community agreed... most of the people I know would like an umbra forma... 

27 minutes ago, JohnnyMeta said:

Similar with the lenses but the BP could only get as a reward for sorties.

The Manufacturing requirements:

(it's just a guess)

• 500.000 Credits
  • 10.000 kuva
  • 3 Forma
  • 10 Orokin cell
  • 25 neurodes

The sacrifice necessary to create the umbra polarity

1,000,000 Credits.
100 Nitain Extract
500 Argon Crystal
5 Orokin Catalyst
5 Orokin Reactor

Using on Umbra Warframe/ Weapon is normal

Primed warframe/ weapon - The item have 75% chance of being destroyed in the process
With 60% chance of Base stats reduction by 25% 
even if not destroyed.

Regular item - Dark Forma have 90% chance of destroying the item in the process
With 80% chance of Base stats reduction by 50% 

even if not destroyed.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

not sure where the community agreed... most of the people I know would like an umbra forma... 

That tends to happen when one's sight is biased, we only see what we want. But don't worry, I'll go with that before using logic.

First, don't confuse "the loudest" with "the majority". I've seen most people be against it because the decision not to use umbral forma is a logic one.

But now let's get to the logic part, which is where I tell that majorities and loud groups are totally irrelevant for either side.

An Umbral forma can't happen because it's meant for Umbral frames, sentient-killing frames, and since the sentient are supposed to be the enemy above all other factions with special stats we need special gear to fight them. That gear is Umbra Frames, Umbra Weapons, which use Umbral and Sacrificial mods. These mods power-up each other. So now tell me, everyone already complains Warframe is too easy and there's no endgame, everything is trivial.

So why do we need those overpowered mods on regular gear to fight regular enemies? So that the Umbra variant gets nerfed to the ground after players complain about its power? So that even the sentient fight becomes ruined? No, I say let's keep stuff where it belongs.

At this point, I'm pretty okay with Umbral Forma not existing until much later in Warframe's development when we have several Umbral frame/weapon options. I'd have to re-evaluate my stance on them at that point.

Right now, I'd be okay with regular Forma allowing Umbral things (Excal Umbra and Skiajati) to replace any of their erased Umbral polarities.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

That tends to happen when one's sight is biased, we only see what we want. But don't worry, I'll go with that before using logic.

First, don't confuse "the loudest" with "the majority". I've seen most people be against it because the decision not to use umbral forma is a logic one.

But now let's get to the logic part, which is where I tell that majorities and loud groups are totally irrelevant for either side.

An Umbral forma can't happen because it's meant for Umbral frames, sentient-killing frames, and since the sentient are supposed to be the enemy above all other factions with special stats we need special gear to fight them. That gear is Umbra Frames, Umbra Weapons, which use Umbral and Sacrificial mods. These mods power-up each other. So now tell me, everyone already complains Warframe is too easy and there's no endgame, everything is trivial.

So why do we need those overpowered mods on regular gear to fight regular enemies? So that the Umbra variant gets nerfed to the ground after players complain about its power? So that even the sentient fight becomes ruined? No, I say let's keep stuff where it belongs.

That doesn't look like I'm the one who's being biased....

You're also the one that had a blanket statement about the community agreeing with DE about not wanting any when I haven't seen anything of the sort, especially amongst the people I know in game etc.  Not to mention in all of that post you still don't show where the community has said they actually agree with DE's decision, it only shows YOUR view point, I didn't know you were the ENTIRE community.... and you say I'm the one being biased lol

Edited by LSG501

5 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

DE already said they will not introduce such Forma

If they keep adding Umbra frames and Umbra mods, they're going to be hard pressed to keep that promise.

Especially since they have also said that every frame isn't going to get an Umbra. Which is all fun and games until (insert your favorite frame) doesn't make the cut. Which leaves you with the option of just ignoring the Umbra mods or totally jacking over your build in a desperate attempt to shoehorn them in. 

Tho even if they don't add Umbra Forma, they really need to address the whole Forma system cause in it's current form it's one of Warframes systems that actively discourages build diversity. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

Offtopic, but all three Umbra mods would be a waste on Mesa.

What Mesa doesn't run ability strength mods? Umbral Intensify gives 14% more than Intensify by itself. And if you're running Vitality too, Umbral Intensify gives as much ability strength as Transient Fortitude without the duration reduction