Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pure Radiation vs Radiation + Viral build

AllFiery

Question

I’m having trouble modding on Mesa’s peacemaker for index, I would like to know if mixing viral with it would do more damage. These are my Peacemaker’s mods

Hornet Strike

Deep Freeze

Pathogen Rounds

Convulsion

Barrel Diffusion

Lethal Torrent

Primed Heated Charge

Primed Target Cracker

would removing Deep Freeze and Pathogen rounds and replacing them with Jolt and Scorch would do more damage?

Edited by Trapzz07

2 answers to this question

Radiation is far from the best damage type for dealing with shields, but it is best for the Alloy Armor under those shields. Since you can't run a Status build, and since the Regulators deal half their total I/P/S as Impact, which is the better of the three versus shields, I'd recommend slotting in a single additional element rather than a combo. This is largely because whatever remaining elemental combo you can make will probably not add enough raw damage to justify the space it takes. Consider Toxin for its ability to bypass shields to damage armored health directly, or Cold for the fact that it deals increased damage to both normal Shields and Alloy Armor.

You'll have one slot left free afterwards, and Primed Pistol Gambit, or at least vanilla Pistol Gambit if you don't have that, will need to be placed in that free slot.