Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.6.0

[DE]Drew

Well, here's the issue. If a player doesn't want to play a "set it and forget it" type, they aren't going to use that play-style. However, those that do enjoy that play-style that have had rough days, where all they want to do is watch things disintegrate for 30 minutes (which is why quite a few personal friends refuse to play Warframe) while not having to worry about energy costs as much, then they should have the luxury to be able to do so. Instead of a 62.5% increase for energy per second on Revenants 4th ability, how about bringing it back down to 12.5% energy per second, and decreasing the damage done by, lets say, 25%? That way it isn't forcing players to build one specific way to do any kind of damage, so they can at least go through half the available missions with him, and still be able to build how they like to an EXTENT. It is still a nerf, which I knew was coming, but 62.5% to energy is pretty ridiculous I say. We are looking for more armor and health rather than for overshields, but now we are mostly forced to mod for efficiency, which sucks because that takes away from power strength immensely.

As for Enthrall, as a few people have mentioned, you didn't have to increase the number, but we do applaud you on that account and would like to keep it the way that it is for his 1st ability; what we ultimately wanted was to make it to where allies can not hurt the enthralled enemies.

All in all, honestly, I rate this update 5.5 or 6 out of 10. Your team has ALMOST completely killed Revenant. The only saving grace (outside of the minor bugs ya'll fixed) out of this update for me was the relay reconstruction.

13 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Revenant Fixes & Changes:

• Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
    • Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread

Bit of a knee-jerk reaction, don't you think?

16 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.

I dont know, i would have chanced it to be less mobile (less movement speed) so youd have to rely on 3 for moving while its active, creating an aditional drain.

17 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.

Oh I love these dev notes. Please do more of them. Really shows you listen

17 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

If you have Revenant building in your Foundry, the final stage of The Mask of the Lost One quest will now progress, instead of requiring you to claim the completed Warframe.

• Developer Note: For those of you who offered feedback about the guidance within the miniquest, we are working on improving the player experience. This will take a little time, but thank you to everyone who offered constructive criticism on our first foray into this miniquest. In the meantime, you can read our step-by-step guide in the first spoiler here.

Can we get replayability?
I loaded into the PoE mission but crashed out of it. Yet I still managed to somehow complete that section of the quest so I never got to fight the revenant or listen to the lore. And now I don't know what to do to finish the quest...

Please just buff Revenant's 2. It's currently his worse ability

You can't even do missions above level 50 because your Mesmer Skin goes down in a matter of seconds. And recasting it takes too long for it to be plausible, even with a Natural Talent

Idk if it is just with me but, my fps dropped a little and i'm having connection problems after this update, i have a very low end pc i normally play with 20-30 fps, but after this update i'm having various issues, please DE can you do something about it, or i don't have more options?

On 2018-08-30 at 9:04 AM, XanZath said:

An event is nice even though no leaderboards again, but isn't incrasing Revenant's drain on 4th ability by whopping 60% a bit drastic?

I think its a good balance, cuz I once played an Infested survival and spun 90% of the round and felt like its too OP

On 2018-08-30 at 4:46 PM, maddragonmaster said:

keep an close eye on garuda. i am guaranteeing they are going to sell her over powered on release and nerf her to the ground after. cause it is the pattern i have been seeing. 

Absolutely.  

Do NOT trust what DE originally gives is actually what we are going to get, it’s just a tease.

Do NOT spend time or plat on it.  Just look at their track record....if it’s great and FUN, they WILL nerf it.  If it is mediocre, they will pretend it doesn’t exist.  They call this “balance”.

Where did the people who brought us Warframe so their players could have FUN go?  Warframe was soooo AMAZING and super fun!

Who are these new “balanced” people now runnig things? 

Please bring back the FUN team.

On 2018-08-31 at 1:04 AM, [DE]Drew said:

64179d467e89f2525b45bb65b23618b3.jpg

THE PYRUS PROJECT

Live now on PC until September 13 @ 12:30 PM ET!

Almost four years ago, Vay Hek launched an unprecedented attack on our Relays. We defeated his Fomorians, but not before three of our Relays were destroyed.

Now it's time to rebuild.

Cressa Tal and Steel Meridian are marshaling the reconstruction efforts. Tal is in dire need of valuable resources to rebuild the Strata Relay on Earth. Find them, deliver them, and she will reward you for your efforts. Be warned: Sargas Ruk and the Grineer will not make things easy for you, Tenno. Show them that we will not be intimidated.

Read our Guide to The Pyrus Project and more here:

Revenant Fixes & Changes:

• Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.
    • Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.
  • Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
    • Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread
  • Reave now looks more like the Vomvalyst charge.
  • Added FX and sound when Mesmer ends.
  • Fixed Danse Macabre showing 0 energy/second in abilities screen.
  • Fixed Danse Macabre becoming stuck while sliding.  
  • Fixed script error if you cast Revenant's Enthrall on a roller or other similar enemy.
  • Fixed Mesmer not reflecting Status effects.
  • If you have Revenant building in your Foundry, the final stage of The Mask of the Lost One quest will now progress, instead of requiring you to claim the completed Warframe.
    • Developer Note: For those of you who offered feedback about the guidance within the miniquest, we are working on improving the player experience. This will take a little time, but thank you to everyone who offered constructive criticism on our first foray into this miniquest. In the meantime, you can read our step-by-step guide in the first spoiler here.
  • Fixed a case of obtaining Revenant blueprint without obtaining final Fragment.    

We have more Mask of the Lost One fixes slated for a future hotfix as well!

Changes:

• Phantasma alt-fire will now seek targets in all directions, instead of behind the projectile.
  • Tweaked Deth Machine Rifle sounds to handle high fire-rates better.
  • Made numerous micro-optimizations to runtime object creation, level-loading and NPC path-finding.

Fixes:

• Fixed Pause in Solo not working.
  • Fixed Splinter Storm not renewing if Mass Vitrify ends just as it touches them.
  • Fixed rare cases where Capture Targets would die instead of being incapacitated by a blast from a high-multi-shot weapon (usually a shotgun).
  • Fixed a Capture Target that could not be captured in the Plains.
  • Fixed Kasha armor not using Energy colors.
  • Fixed lighting in Natah quest diorama.
  • Fixed navigating the cursor over the search field in the Market blocking other inputs.  
  • Fixed Golden Maw appearing blurry after it dies.
  • Fixed Golden Maw not staying burrowed if you’re holding/toggle Sprint.
  • Fixed diorama for nunchaku weapons using improper animations.
  • Fixed Ordis' glass material used in Octavia's Anthem boss battle.
  • Fixed excessive bloom on the tubes in Orokin Engine Room.
  • Fixed a bug that let you get outside the level during The War Within.
  • Fixed some LOC typoos.

Love ya

Finished the event, it was some good content i had pleasure going through 😉 not too grindy not too much time investment just playing a bit qand you get it 🙂 offsets the daily grind and yeah maybe a buildtime of 1 min should have been better fr the relay struts but oh well we shall live with it 😛

Thanks again 😄

I bought the mask for the Revenant. Entered a PoE bounty, during which it became night. The quest started. I found the first "clue" for the quest. Then the party extracted from the mission. Now I can not continue the quests - I enter PoE at night, nothing happens.

Have tried the following (everything during the night cycle) :

• Reloading to the game client
  • Unequipping and reequipping the mask
  • Traversed the whole area of the lake
  • Watched a whole bunch of videos of people getting the quest bugged on different phase. All their solutions didn't work.

What to do now?
Is suck a hard thing to consider, since every time a new quest is released that there is a way (not intentional) that people will get it bugged - so you can add the option that the player can hard-reset the quest and start over?! Seriously are you so always so confident that the new quest is so fool-proof, and yet again this. Then the person reads forums, watches a ton of videos (totally spoiling the quest itself btw) and then if he is lucky - there is a solution to the bug he encountered...

Seriously - add a hard reset option for all new quests - it will save both you and the players a lot of frustration!!!!

On 2018-08-30 at 11:04 AM, XanZath said:

An event is nice even though no leaderboards again, but isn't incrasing Revenant's drain on 4th ability by whopping 60% a bit drastic?

why would there need to be leaderboards? so casual players feel bad because they have a life and can't get high scores? i'm confused why leaderboards would be a thing on a co-op pve game.

On 2018-09-02 at 12:17 PM, unn1cked said:

I bought the mask for the Revenant. Entered a PoE bounty, during which it became night. The quest started. I found the first "clue" for the quest. Then the party extracted from the mission. Now I can not continue the quests - I enter PoE at night, nothing happens.

Have tried the following (everything during the night cycle) :

• Reloading to the game client
  • Unequipping and reequipping the mask
  • Traversed the whole area of the lake
  • Watched a whole bunch of videos of people getting the quest bugged on different phase. All their solutions didn't work.

What to do now?
Is suck a hard thing to consider, since every time a new quest is released that there is a way (not intentional) that people will get it bugged - so you can add the option that the player can hard-reset the quest and start over?! Seriously are you so always so confident that the new quest is so fool-proof, and yet again this. Then the person reads forums, watches a ton of videos (totally spoiling the quest itself btw) and then if he is lucky - there is a solution to the bug he encountered...

Seriously - add a hard reset option for all new quests - it will save both you and the players a lot of frustration!!!!

Well did the same for me! The quest fixed itself after i build and claimed the warframe pieces from the revenant. i had to build and claim 2 pieces to finish the miniquest because it got stuck twice 🙂 konzu should have bounties with revenant pieces in them 🙂

Archived