Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.6.0

[DE]Drew

" Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second. "
Excuse me.. That's *40 energy/second when holding down LMB*

Well, that's one way to turn a new warframe into straight Mastery fodder..

The nerf maybe valid in lower tier missions where everything gets one-shot anyway.
But for high-end gameplay? He was already too weak..

I don't really care for his Enthrall buff, as it's proven time and time again that AI on AI never works. (There's a reason why Nyx is the least played WF)
Also the reason why Radiation damage is the least useful status proc.

To summarize:
Making Danse Macabre pretty much unsustainable, and buffed a skill that has proven to be next to useless time and time again.

I don't care for his 4 nerf, which was justified by the way, but his 1 doesn't go far enough.
The reason his thralls are so much worse than Nekros' is because Nekros' shadows can't be killed.

If you're going to buff his 1 and make him more reliant on thralls, you'll have to employ an assortment of QoL changes that make them more viable and convenient:

• Thralls need to have a more obvious FX added to them
  • Thralls need to be unkillable by allies EXCEPT by your Danse Macabre
  • The damaging pillar when a thrall dies needs to be a less miserable range for the DPS to be any bit useful.
  • Thralls should accumulate damage dealt to them while allied with the Tenno similarly to how Nyx's Mind Controlled enemy works to disallow perpetual mission trolling

These are just a handful of things I can think about. Part of me wishes 1 would spawn an allied energy-Volmvalyst from the pillars in the color of your energy for some amount of seconds, but that's just hopeful thinking.

31 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

THE PYRUS PROJECT

Glad to see that the Strata Relay now has its own personality.
I get that it's not a priority, but all the relays (barring Maroo's) being identical just feels superfluous.

Developer Note:

Sadly, I can't feedback on Revenant yet, 'cause RNG gonna RNG.
That said, I highly appreciate the communicativeness of these Dev notes. Hope to see more of them around future changes that could benefit from context.

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.

Again, can't opine, but to I take this to mean that you consider Danse Macabre to be 33% more effective then Peacemaker? Because the couple of reviews I've seen thus far don't seem to indicate that's the case.
Which, if true, well... The joy of weapon mod scaling, I guess.

Edit:
Ooh, new UI for the Operation's worldview tab.
I like the functionality.

NOPE. 20 energy per second is just horrible. that's basically 1 spin= 20energy per second because you make about 1 rotation per second. What's the point of even using his increase damage by spinning harder with more energy gimmick now that you'd probably run out of energy to start with? Absurd.

Just now, IKenofoxI said:

NOPE. 20 energy per second is just horrible. that's basically 1 spin= 20seconds because you make about 1 rotation per second. What's the point of even using his increase damage by spinning harder with more energy gimmick now that you'd probably run out of energy to start with? Absurd.

Maybe its just to see how players react to this change? If so, probably there will be a different change after a while

DE it would be much better to have rev's passive as status immunity  and make his third ability provide an armor buff instead of shields they are much better for defenses and its a bit redundant because we can get overshields from his 4 and have his 2 cast time decrease i really enjoy this frame i believe that these tweaks would make him way more useful than he is now

thanks for killing a FUN ability again on a warframe, back to your cage rev,

can you please make the following distance for lure in the plains to 100000000000 meters please, this 0 meter following distance is stupid, everytime trying to shoot the limbs it comes standing right in my face, or make it to always follow behind the player and not come stand in front of him?

having same problem with kavats while mining, running up to a rock to start mining and this stupid kavat runs right in front of the mining beam, making me loose half of the cutting, have to run away from rock to make kavat follow behind me before cutting

Excited for event, not excited for Rev changes 😞 I think his 1 could better serve at something more rather than another mind control hooblah that's wonky since enemy AI is bleh. But that 4 increase, pliss 😞 

Time to go update my guide on Rev......

6 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.

JESUS CHRIST....this is now THE most draining ability in game....5/sec with 175 eff...*shakes head* if that was WITH the primary fire held down, then sure...but without it, my god.

Archived