[DE]Drew

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.6.0

It's actually funny that before this update, people were more impressed with phantasia than Revenant. So we get a dmg boosting fix for phantasia and then nurf rev's 4 that people already mentioned was underwhelming XD I already see too many 'rev is powerful midgame but lack of scaling fails him endgame' discussions as it is.

Excited for the relay event though! Maybe now I can get brakk...

Honestly, seeing more versatility on Rev is kind of decent, but I'd still recommend a higher amount of charges on Mesmer skin and/or it working like Health Conversion, as in the charges are consumed after a certain duration from being hit, plus a faster casting animation on his Reave because as of now you cast it and wait for it to dash in the duration you were facing when you pressed 3, and if possible a lower energy cost.

But I really liked these tweaks for a start.

danse macabre was already not as good as a lot of other 4's....kinda surprised at the change. you should increase the damage if almost doubling the cost.

• Upvote 4

Also forgot to mention, Since you guys at DE are screwing with things, maybe exempt ember's firequake augment from the shrinking AoE, and instead make it increase the range at the cost of damage, sacrificeing damage in exchange for CC, lowering the damage to something like 25 per second, but for it to affect 15 enemies at a time with constant stuns and knockdowns

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

All that's really left for my perfect Rev is to make Mesmer Skin automatic and give it to newly appointed thralls

• Upvote 1

We REALLY didn't need a nerf to Danse Macabre. The 50 overshields per thrall kill is nowhere near enough to merit such a nerf.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, XanZath said:

An event is nice even though no leaderboards again, but isn't incrasing Revenant's drain on 4th ability by whopping 60% a bit drastic?

nope revenant was to OP he got what he deserves learn to live with it or go back to using a better frame 

• Haha 1

Shower-thought:

How much "MY WAIFU!!" fanmail do you think Cressa Tal received, in-universe, on a daily basis?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.

• Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.

This pretty much necessitates 175% efficiency now. Even though you increased the Thrall cap you provided nothing else, no way for it to spread on kill so it doesn't get neutered by both allies and DM.

Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.

• Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.

Very much welcome, though they're still going to be squishy as all hell. Still, I'd say increasing it to 10 and/or making it so your thralls do not wander off beyond a short distance just like Nekros's Shadows and Nyx's Mind Control would make setting them up a bit easier.

Edit: Also, please buff the range of the pillars from 2m base radius to 4m or 5m.

Fixed Mesmer not reflecting Status effects.

Awesome! Now, please fix the remaining bugs where multiple enemies and damage sources can pierce it, such as Battalyst lasers, Nox shots and all other manners of explosives, and hazard damage. Also, dunno if it's a bug though I believe it is but please, PLEASE, fix Mesmer so it can block self damage.

Phantasma alt-fire will now seek targets in all directions, instead of behind the projectile.

Yay! All you need to do now is fix it so it can equip Sinister Reach and Firestorm since primary fire is a beam and alt fire is an explosive.

Reave now looks more like the Vomvalyst charge

Thank you! I just used it, it looks SO much better now! Although, while you buffed its visuals to a good state, it still needs a buff to its overall performance as well. I did a lot of testing, the specifics being located on my Reddit page on the matter, and there is no way people will know how Reave fully works just from the ability page. For starters, it does scaling damage and while that is awesome, targeting normal enemies only scales by 8% whereas Thralls follow the advertised scaling of 40%. Healing also does not go off of damage but on maximum health and shields, again 8% and 40% respectively. Plus you can only get shields from enemies with shields. As it is now, it costs too much and does not give back enough, especially as a movement option both normally and for DM. Please buff Reave so its base scaling for both healing and damage is much higher and lower the cost when used while channeling Danse Macabre. Personally I feel the base scaling should be as advertised, 40%, and Thralls should take/return either double that or, if that's too much, 60%. 

Edited by ColdCremator
Enthrall's pillars need a range buff, too.
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

Revenant Fixes & Changes:

-snip-

Are you going to allow us to use Mesmer while giving other people seizures or you going to do it like you did with Iron Shrapnel and Neutron Star augments? How about his overall cast speed? 'Cause it feels like I'm moving through jello whenever I cast his 1 to 3 abilities.

40 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

THE PYRUS PROJECT

There goes the dream of making one of the relays into a fleshy blob of Nanospores... 
On a more serious note, why excluding Sedna? True that 3 of the mission nodes there would make it troublesome to have the enemy spawn into (the rathu'um arena ones) but feels like you excluding people that run Hydron on an unhealthy fashion on purpose. Or was it to make the level range of missions and area access more widely open to most of the player base? Yeah it's definely the latter one... No shadow of doubt.

Time to put my waffle down and do it, I guess.

Please add back the full squad details on pressing Esc! Really tedious to hover over each icon every time :(

• Upvote 3

your gonna grind all of this without a weapon or anything as a reward, just for a relay that can be accessed somewhere else nty

O bug com Nulifier's continua!

Nulifier's conseguem matar o Revenant mesmo com Mesmer Skin ativo!

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

Fix revenant being kill from Nullifiers with one shot in higher levels even with FULL stacks of his 2!, that is game braking and render the frame useless in long runs with those enemies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Revenant's Danse Macabre is blocked by Gara's wall. Standing inside the wall doesn't let the beams out.

• Upvote 4

You enemies design are no made to put and enemy to fight another enemy, The damage scale is just too low and there is no logic reason to use enthrall other than decoy, Nekros shadow of dead take no damage so they can fulfill the objective. You cant use Thrall as decoy because our ally party disintegrate them asap they get the status of thrall. 

Raising the cap to 7 LiKe NeKrOs is the no solution, if i wanted to play a nekros i just pick my nekros. 

Seriusly, after almost 1 week of fulfilling a thread of feedback for the revenant, you dont even pick the essence of the feedback and just bring a hammer to nerf the frame instead fix it.

what about 2? what about 3? Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

To all those people complaining, 15 min of Gabii, Ceres with Resource Booster:

cd1ccfc0f8ea9059561cfb88a49d1f2a.png

Can't hardly call that a grind, I mean you most likely will finish all of the event by just playing normally (Random encounter of scan targets and G3 included)

Danse Macabre already chugged energy. Just because someone's able to spin on mercury doesn't mean you need to cripple it for people who actually play high level stuff.

• Like 5

You know what? Just play Revenant now, in my opinion the energy cost isn't that bad, it just encourages you to be mod appropriately and mind you energy levels as you should anyway. Also reave looks so much better it's unbelievable. that said, enthrall is still a bit weak and revenants damage will not compete with anything like an equinox or saryn (which was the same before this update) so maybe we could get a suitable boost.

• Woah 1

1 hour ago, XanZath said:

An event is nice even though no leaderboards again, but isn't incrasing Revenant's drain on 4th ability by whopping 60% a bit drastic?

You know how they do

Never in my life did i thingk i had someting to say here. But turning Revenant into a 3 ability frame is not how you fix a prob. His 4th ability is not even useable now. 

• Like 1