[DE]Drew

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.6.0

Thankyouu for the new event and the updates, also...

When trials is gonna be back?

i know there is lot of bug before in trials 8 man, but losing one type of mission game is like losing my interest to play. Yes i know there is eidolon, but its only four and i had lowspec laptop, I love to play Warframe but I really love speedrunning on Trials more than the other newest things in Warframe😩😭.

Sincerely,

Indonesian Raider

• Upvote 1

the big argument that most have is 20/s out the getgo w/o too much to do about it,  there's still be people *@##$in  even if it was sensible and it ramped up slowly like WoF/Hysteria for two examples, but there'd be far less salt about it!

5 minutes ago, Leyren said:

To all those people complaining, 15 min of Gabii, Ceres with Resource Booster:

cd1ccfc0f8ea9059561cfb88a49d1f2a.png

Can't hardly call that a grind, I mean you most likely will finish all of the event by just playing normally (Random encounter of scan targets and G3 included)

booster dont matter. you can do cassini and get 4 pyrus from the target..

Suggestion for danse macabre: give the power by holding down mouse 1 by default and assign that to a focus mode, where you direct the power of the lasers onto a single or group of targets.

This would solve his problems with different terrain heights and essentially missing his intended targets most of the time unless you are surrounded.

Please address these issues about Warframe animation stances.

I paid money for these to work and a handful of them don't.

Thank you

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Lets speak about the quest of getting Revenant's main blueprint. While i done it before and i got Revenant, a friend of mine cant finish or even begin the quest despite him having the mask on his brat (Sorry, Operator). When you zoom in on teh map, you can see very tiny little circles that sould normaly be bigger, but they arent and the quest simply hasnt started at all.

Anyone else having similar problems as him?

Also since you're going to nerf the 4 until it's the new Ember, do you think you could make it so that his 1 isn't immediately made useless in a squad? Because you know what's fun? Watching your thrall count go to zero because some a W+M1 Amprex looked in your general direction. (And that's not even getting into mass-murder frames like Saryn, Equinox, Volt that run counter to Revenant's kit on virtue of just doing what they do).

Give his thralls protection from dumb players other squad members

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't think increasing the number of enthralled enemies from 4 to 7 will fix anything, considering not a single one manage to stay alive for longer than half a second.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rankii said:

Also since you're going to nerf the 4 until it's the new Ember, do you think you could make it so that his 1 isn't immediately made useless in a squad? Because you know what's fun? Watching your thrall count go to zero because some a W+M1 Amprex looked in your general direction. (And that's not even getting into mass-murder frames like Saryn, Equinox, Volt that run counter to Revenant's kit on virtue of just doing what they do).

Give his thralls protection from dumb players other squad members

I couldn't agree any more

• Satisfied 2
  • Upvote 2

Pointless to make bandaid fixes to revenant you buffed him very slightly but left the issue be still and made it worse by nerfing his 4th.

This "update" ranges from pointless to terrible.

Ok, we can rebuild a destroyed relay, which I know some people have been asking for. The important quesiton is WHY? Will this relay be any different than the relays we have now? Will it do anything, or offer anything different from the current relays? Because right now we have 3 identical relays (except for location), so this will add a 4th, identical relay? That's the weakest possible form of content.

As far as Revenant goes, nerfing his one useful ability is exactly what he didn't need. His 1 is worthless because ally AI is worthless, his 2 is mediocre but mildly useful, and his 3 is overcosted, worthless, and bad.

So then we have his 4, which is weak dps with multiple drawbacks and DE increases the cost by 65%. Sadly, this is exactly what I expected DE to do (based on their history and past decisions). DE made the worst possible decision on this, based on spurious, bad logic. Prior to this nerf Danse Macabre was weaker dps than Saryn, Mesa, Equinox, and lots of other aoe/dps which comes with multiple drawbacks: slow movement, obscured vision, can't jump, can't navigate terrain, ability REFUSES to hit enemies that are at a higher elevation than you (because DE did not consider that enemies might exist above you, as they usually do), the dps is low with a high energy cost, and the ability is already almost completely shut down in the presence of a nullifier or Infested Ancient who prevents almost all damage from Danse Macabre to itself and all other enemies.

The truth about Danse Macabre (prior to nerf) is that it's not good dps, and not that useful, but it is FLASHY. It draws a lot of attention, and it LOOKS like you're doing something constructive, so people who can't tell the difference think it's great or overpowered. The truth about Danse Macabre post nerf is that Revenant isn't worth playing. There's no content or mission in the game where a player can reasonably say "You know what we need here? Revenant!"

The Danse Macabre nerf is exactly the opposite of what DE should have done to fix Revenant. I'm also 100% confident that anyone who would make this decision simply hasn't played Revenant, and has no idea what he's like to play in the game. There's just no other good explanation.

So Revenant goes on the shelf, with a lot of other Warframes that shouldn't be there. And that's a real shame.

Maybe we won't have to wait for Revenant to be Primed for him to be worked into a useful state, something worth playing. That would be great, but based on this I have no reason to think that's likely.

• Applause 4
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, An8rchy said:

There was no need to nerf Revenants 4... 
You are having too much fun, Stop!

As nerfs go, it isn't the worst I've ever seen. It is a little extreme, but it's also one of the most powerful 4s in the game. Now that it is nerfed they won't change it's damage. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

ROFL...Basically you just killed Revenant. An unguided ultimate ability at that energy cost.

Me: "High Revenant how you doin?"

Revenant: "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, and i'm out"

• Applause 1

Hmm, i need Lor and JV back more than anything... 😐

Instead of taking them out why couldn't you have just fixed it and make the "Rewards" a bit different, like a "Eidolon Chain" which stops the current eidolon at night from escaping, or something.

or even better: Give prime parts(since keys had to be crafted) and depending on performance and "sacrificed" relic you get the rarer or more common unit.

Ohh and about these changes:

I think nerfind Revenant in any way was a mistake 😕

I didn't use him, because he was boring and useless on higher levels, now he is useless much more inefficent and boring on higher levels... GJ Maybe if you did something like his laser does True damage or something he would be useful, but like that, nah, i pass. I will leave him in my inventory doing nothing with it and making it stay like a trophy.(Also, i didn't know he had a limit for thralls, before he came out i was excited, then saw his data and damage and CAP for the enthrall and he is meh...)

What i would like:

-Make his enthrall cap limitless and KEEP the teammates being able to kill them.

-(I still don't know why mesmer skin is useful, so work on it please or rework it entirely to be much more understandble)

-Make his 3rd ability's drain a "Walks through enemies and after damage" so if you go through enough enemies, you can drastically lower their health and shields, but if you only hit 1-2 you will drain much lesser. Something like a 5% shield or health true damage after landing would be nice. It means you need to hit 20 enemies to decay their shield/kill them.

-His 4th ability's energy cost should go back down, and should deploy laser in every direction, not just a finger disco. Also, make it either A not spin if you spin your mouse endless or B make that spinning count in the damage. (Blinding teammates is not fun if it's useless, at least you could deal by spinning around or you can't spin faster with mouse it's confusing)

Ohh and bonus: If you spin your mouse with enough speed in the alternate direction of the spin he will shoot lasers only to one side... and that way it does damage only in 1 way.

Edited by elitharcos

So you slightly buff his 1and then nerf his only good ability? DE, you are so out of it.

Edited by tripletriple
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Can we get some of this event in Sedna or harder content?  

I support your nerf or his #4, it was "set it, forget it" and boring. 

I agree with an above poster though that thralls are slaughtered by our team and useless.  Consider immunity to friendly fire.

I'd like to see Reave be a high damage move as well.  

As always, Thanks!  Really looking forward to Melee 3.0!

Phantasma damage nerf 5 impact 10 radiation now? And increased energy cost. Plus enthralled still able to be killed by you and team.

So to iterate. Everyone that spent plat just to rush or buy these items got #*!%ed. Well #*!% you very much DE. Shelving these two until you get your S#&$ together in the dev department. Less #*!%ing sparkly frills and MORE SENSIBLE FIXES PLEASE?