Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.6.0

[DE]Drew

on the event:

when ever the game randomizes the enemy to be the target that has the pyrus essence, if it happens to hit a nox you will not get the essence, since noxes disintegrate when dying. might be same for other enemy types as well.

6 minutes ago, Hawk197 said:

I know it's been shouted endlessly, but I'll repeat with reasons given at least.

Enthrall: You can cap this thing at 100 for all I care, the Thralls don't do anything useful, other than lay down that beam of light when you kill them. Most enemies have guns, so they don't need to walk into the beams, so you need to micromanage your Thralls to a chokepoint, then kill them, which is easier said than done. They can also be damaged by teammates, so if you're team doesn't know how Revenant works, they'll kill your Thralls before they can do anything,

Mesmer Skin: It's a great skill, while it's active. At base, you only get 6 charges, which isn't enough when you're in a group of enemies, and the fact you can't recast it means if you're in a wave based mission (Defense/Interception), if you end the round with 1 charge left, you'll have to get hit, then recast it and hope you don't die. Even if you aren't in a wave based mission, 6 charges is just so bad. Why should I use Revenant, when I could just as easily use Gara, Mesa, or any of the other Warframes with a damage reduction ability? I can build them to reduce damage far easier than I could Mesmer Skin, and they last longer with less modding.

Reave: This thing costs too much and takes too long to be useful. The only time I've ever used this thing was a way to spam energy so I can pick up energy orbs during the affinity challenge. The fact you need to use this on Thralls to make it really useful is also garbage, because like I said prior, your team can kill them before you can Reave them.

Danse Macabre: Completely useless now. The only reason it was so useful before was because almost every other ability he has was (And still is) useless. The "Overshield" orbs the Thralls drop are utterly useless, not only because shields in general are useless (Until we get Shield Gating), but because the amount they restore is so little. The fact Revenant himself has almost no energy is a problem as well, We're talking 50 energy for a Mesmer Skin, 7 free casts of Enthrall, 25 for the initial cast of Danse Macabre, then 40 MORE energy for a single boosted second. That's 115 energy out of 188 total. You would still need to recast your Mesmer Skin as well, so really you're using up 165 energy when you're in the heat of it.

Passive: A knockdown on shield depletion? I mean, that's kind of cool, if stuff is nearby you to be knocked down. But most enemies have guns and don't need to be near you to shoot you. It also knocks down your Thralls, which is another reason Thralls are so useless. You have to leave your Thralls so the knockdown doesn't affect them, but you need to be nearby them to use Reave and Danse Macabre on them. His passive is so worthless if you're using Thralls.

DE, I know you don't like "Press 4 2 win" strategies, I really do. But if you're releasing a Warframe that only HAS a "Press 4 2 win" strategy because the rest of the kit is garbage, then that speaks volumes of the failure of the Warframe you released. If you don't want players only using one or two abilities, give the Warframe some actual good abilities.

QFE

This post is 100% spot on. Someone from DE read this and re-evaluate the choices made not only with this update but the frame in its entirety.

Thralls are garbage

Overshield gimmick is garbage

Reave is completely pointless (and made MUCH moreso now that using it while in your 4 simply doesn't work due to the new energy cost)

Danse is stupidly expensive now for literally no practical benefit as a tradeoff

Thrall solution:

On death thralls become void ghosts and still cause damage to living targets until duration expires.

Overshield thing should go away and be exchanged with energy orbs. No one gives a crap about the tiny overshield potential from this overly complex combo.

Give Reave some vertical movement potential and reduce the dang start up time

Change Mesmer to function like sentient armor reducing incoming damage based on damage types like the actual sentients do

or make this Revenant's passive and ditch the shield stun thing. 

If you're gonna nerf Revenant 4th ability so much, increase the damage, fix the damage vs Ancients.

Rework or buff Reave... make it easier to target and control instead of it just going forward.

Reave gains range from Duration mods and too much duration makes it nearly unusable, but you NEED duration to make Danse Macabre not drain all your energy instantly...

So in response to days of criticisms that Revenant is weak, they strengthened his ability to control enemies (a skill that's universally bad across every single iteration from Mind Freak to Bombard specters and I'm actually totally flabbergasted that it wormed its way into another kit like DE actually doesn't understand their own health/armor scaling), and weakened his strong skill.

Remember when Khora's pull went from reducing whipclaw damage to buffing it on like the day after release because someone just kinda suggested it? I do. Remember how Khora started out weak but is now pretty solid? I do.

Can you not put an end date for the event? There's no way that the rebuild will fail and no need to participate in the event, other than the initial curiosity. This goes for plague star, and ghoul bounties. No consequences, means a lot less investment on my part. I bet, you can't even let the razorback or the formorian fleet destroy the remaining relays either.

It was clear his 4th needed some kind of nerf. Literally, any Rev in recent missions I have been in would just spam lasers to death. Some players would spend 99% of the mission shooting lazers.

And that's probs because his other skills are not very good. He needs a tweak.

Having to defeat the Grustag Three 3 times for the Relay Reconstruction is over the top to many players, like me, who rarely play invasion missions. They're not like the Stalker or Syndicates. G3 and Zanuka Hunter require much more work in order to even get their marks and tens of times more just to get them to show. Unless we get G3 beacons with the next Baro appearance, a huge amount of peeps aren't even gonna be able to complete this part of the rebuild requirements.

I don't feel like this is a fix for Revenant at all. The increase does increase the chances of it living souly from weapon fire perhaps, but with all the mass AOE potential in the game it still is far from a help, 7 is still quite easily nuked down since allies still do full damage to the minions. 

As far as the nerf to the 4 ability, I get that you don't want 'set and forget' abilities but sadly it was his only good ability, and easily arguably still is even post nerf, so trying to make it less appealing sadly won't help too much with the current states of the other abilities.

4 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Revenant Fixes & Changes:

Are we supposed to like any of this now instead of having 1 good ability he has none this should be named nerfs and biased changes because 

EQUINOX MESA EXCALIBUR VALKYR TITANIA WUKONG HYDROID AND SO ON HAVE CHEAP DRAIN NUKE THE WORLD ABILITIES 

but Ember and now revenant are the ones getting nerfed seems like some hard bias IMO

Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.

• Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread

ok when did was danse macbre's energy cost was 12.5 per second? did they do a stealth nerf sometime around then?  and holy cow 20 energy per second?! do you actually play the game on off work times and understand math? that probably on par with chroma's effigy drain or worse. that effectively forces us to go only for energy efficency and as many dam energy pizza's & other energy renew sources as possibly just to keep up with that ludicrous energy drain.

2 minutes ago, Milinko said:

Are we supposed to like any of this now instead of having 1 good ability he has none this should be named nerfs and biased changes because 

EQUINOX MESA EXCALIBUR VALKYR TITANIA WUKONG HYDROID AND SO ON HAVE CHEAP DRAIN NUKE THE WORLD ABILITIES 

but Ember and now revenant are the ones getting nerfed seems like some hard bias IMO

What 'Nuke' does Wukong have? I would agree, the ability is too costly for the damage now but most of those warframes don't have 'nukes'.

4 minutes ago, Urlan said:

What 'Nuke' does Wukong have? I would agree, the ability is too costly for the damage now but most of those warframes don't have 'nukes'.

well why don't they then move from warframes to weapons and melee weapons and nuke nerf those nuke every dang thing weapons then. and just make everything as unfun as possible

64179d467e89f2525b45bb65b23618b3.jpg

THE PYRUS PROJECT

Live now on PC until September 13 @ 12:30 PM ET!

Almost four years ago, Vay Hek launched an unprecedented attack on our Relays. We defeated his Fomorians, but not before three of our Relays were destroyed.

Now it's time to rebuild.

Cressa Tal and Steel Meridian are marshaling the reconstruction efforts. Tal is in dire need of valuable resources to rebuild the Strata Relay on Earth. Find them, deliver them, and she will reward you for your efforts. Be warned: Sargas Ruk and the Grineer will not make things easy for you, Tenno. Show them that we will not be intimidated.

Read our Guide to The Pyrus Project and more here:

Revenant Fixes & Changes:

• Enthrall cap for thralled enemies increased from 4 to 7.
    • Developer Note: We listened to the feedback that 4 was too few, so we’ve buffed the number to match Nekros’ max Shadows.
  • Danse Macabre energy cost increased from 12.5 to 20 energy per second.
    • Developer Note: In keeping with changes we've made to Warframes in the past to deter from the "set it and forget" approach, we have increased the energy per second on Danse Macabre. We are hoping that with Enthrall's cap increase you can benefit from more overshield pickups with Danse Macabre.  We’re always looking to iterate on your feedback, please leave yours in the dedicated Revenant feedback megathread
  • Reave now looks more like the Vomvalyst charge.
  • Added FX and sound when Mesmer ends.
  • Fixed Danse Macabre showing 0 energy/second in abilities screen.
  • Fixed Danse Macabre becoming stuck while sliding.  
  • Fixed script error if you cast Revenant's Enthrall on a roller or other similar enemy.
  • Fixed Mesmer not reflecting Status effects.
  • If you have Revenant building in your Foundry, the final stage of The Mask of the Lost One quest will now progress, instead of requiring you to claim the completed Warframe.
    • Developer Note: For those of you who offered feedback about the guidance within the miniquest, we are working on improving the player experience. This will take a little time, but thank you to everyone who offered constructive criticism on our first foray into this miniquest. In the meantime, you can read our step-by-step guide in the first spoiler here.
  • Fixed a case of obtaining Revenant blueprint without obtaining final Fragment.    

We have more Mask of the Lost One fixes slated for a future hotfix as well!

Changes:

• Phantasma alt-fire will now seek targets in all directions, instead of behind the projectile.
  • Tweaked Deth Machine Rifle sounds to handle high fire-rates better.
  • Made numerous micro-optimizations to runtime object creation, level-loading and NPC path-finding.

Fixes:

• Fixed Pause in Solo not working.
  • Fixed Splinter Storm not renewing if Mass Vitrify ends just as it touches them.
  • Fixed rare cases where Capture Targets would die instead of being incapacitated by a blast from a high-multi-shot weapon (usually a shotgun).
  • Fixed a Capture Target that could not be captured in the Plains.
  • Fixed Kasha armor not using Energy colors.
  • Fixed lighting in Natah quest diorama.
  • Fixed navigating the cursor over the search field in the Market blocking other inputs.  
  • Fixed Golden Maw appearing blurry after it dies.
  • Fixed Golden Maw not staying burrowed if you’re holding/toggle Sprint.
  • Fixed diorama for nunchaku weapons using improper animations.
  • Fixed Ordis' glass material used in Octavia's Anthem boss battle.
  • Fixed excessive bloom on the tubes in Orokin Engine Room.
  • Fixed a bug that let you get outside the level during The War Within.
  • Fixed some LOC typoos.

I think Enthrall should be permanent 

That's it for Revenant changes? There's so much left that can and should be changed. Nerfing his 4 yet Mesa's 4 is still untouched? Doesn't really make sense. Nothing changed with his 2? 50 shields per overshield pickup? That's absolutely horrible. You'd get more overshields from the Augur set. C'mon DE

Archived