Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant's 4 energy cost was increased.

Caliboom

4 minutes ago, Noibat said:

snip

i did not insult you at all. calling someone misinformed is not an insult, we all have things we are misinformed at. 

you did not claim it was just "immortality"(it isnt immortality cus of reasons i've mentioned) you claimed it was op when it wasnt through this entire thread.

and yes, i know you do not care about my gametime. thats why you attacked me with it when i simply pointed out that there was misinformation in your statements. thats cus you simply dont care about it at all. thats why you used it to attack me. cus you dont care. thats why you attacked.

how many times do i gotta point that out for you to understand how inconvincing you sound there? 

anyway im just gonna stop responding to this discussion cus its very much pointless. 

il y a une heure, Zeclem a dit :

hes not a good frame when there are quite a lot of frames that do everything he does but better and cheaper, sorry.

I guess the loop is buckled. I've done all i can to make you understand that Revenant doesn't need to be the best at something... But i suppose you only care for the frame who do the job best... 

So here's my last advice : Stop caring so much about doing thing the best way possible and try to have some fun.  

For me Revenant is fine, he's rather fun to play and that's all i ask from a game, to be fun.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

i did not insult you at all. calling someone misinformed is not an insult, we all have things we are misinformed at. 

you did not claim it was just "immortality"(it isnt immortality cus of reasons i've mentioned) you claimed it was op when it wasnt through this entire thread.

and yes, i know you do not care about my gametime. thats why you attacked me with it when i simply pointed out that there was misinformation in your statements. thats cus you simply dont care about it at all. thats why you used it to attack me. cus you dont care. thats why you attacked.

how many times do i gotta point that out for you to understand how inconvincing you sound there? 

anyway im just gonna stop responding to this discussion cus its very much pointless. 

I really don't  think explaining the difference between our times played constitutes 'attacking' you with it.  How you could possibly consider that an attack is beyond me lol.  I simply did as you did,  and corrected what you believe to be misinformation.  

Regardless of that nonsense though,  I clearly explained what the skill is,  and what you can do with it.  It's  not calling it OP when you clearly explain it's  function and potential capabilities.  I also clearly stated that it's  entirely unnecessary  for 90% of the game's content.  At no point did I give false information.  Prove me wrong?  Or do as you said and stop replying. Your choice either way.  

Just now, Marekthejester said:

I guess the loop is buckled. I've done all i can to make you understand that Revenant doesn't need to be the best at something... But i suppose you only care for the frame who do the job best... 

So here's my last advice : Stop caring so much about doing thing the best way possible and try to have some fun.  

For me Revenant is fine, he's rather fun to play and that's all i ask from a game, to be fun.

i dont deny that hes fun. but fun is subjective and therefore you cant use it as a point of balance. and if he does not even have a single good reason to use over many other frames other than fun factor, its not a good frame and in need of a good buff. 

10 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

I'd  like for anyone to name ONE frame that does everything Revenant can do but better and/or cheaper.  Here's  a list of what he can do-

Enthrall-mild aggro draw,  DoT proc, take up to 7 enemies out of the game for the duration of the skill, spreads to other enemies. 

Mesmer- invincibility for x amount of hits,  automatic stun of anyone who attacks,  enables free casting of first skill on those affected.  Basically a CC/Tank skill in one. 

Reave- high speed, short range travel,  absorbs HP and shields,  especially effective when used on Thralls. 

Dance baby dance- moderate range AoE skill,  which automatically adjusts to do maximum damage to targets regardless of enemy type.

Just ONE frame.  I'd  love to see any frame that can do all of this but better/cheaper, as some people want to claim.  

il y a 2 minutes, Noibat a dit :

I'd  like for anyone to name ONE frame that does everything Revenant can do but better and/or cheaper.  Here's  a list of what he can do-

Enthrall-mild aggro draw,  DoT proc, take up to 7 enemies out of the game for the duration of the skill, spreads to other enemies. 

Mesmer- invincibility for x amount of hits,  automatic stun of anyone who attacks,  enables free casting of first skill on those affected.  Basically a CC/Tank skill in one. 

Reave- high speed, short range travel,  absorbs HP and shields,  especially effective when used on Thralls. 

Dance baby dance- moderate range AoE skill,  which automatically adjusts to do maximum damage to targets regardless of enemy type.

Just ONE frame.  I'd  love to see any frame that can do all of this but better/cheaper, as some people want to claim.  

I'm actually defending Revenant's usefulness, i think you quoted the wrong person ^^

2 hours ago, Noibat said:

I can concede that spreading on death would be better than spreading on damage,  as they do now.  That would prevent the very common instances in which they get wiped out instantly. 

However, in order to balance that, they would need to limit the number of DoT pillars..  Imagine enthralling 7, then killing them,  which enthralls another 7 in less than a second,  and repeat...  The floor would be completely saturated in the things.  

On second thought that actually sounds pretty damned amazing... 

They could remove the pillars completely or cap them. Capping wouldnt be hard if you look at how oberon works, only 4 instances of his #2 are allowed to be in play. So pillars could be capped at 7 just as the thralls.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

They could remove the pillars completely or cap them. Capping wouldnt be hard if you look at how oberon works, only 4 instances of his #2 are allowed to be in play. So pillars could be capped at 7 just as the thralls.

That would be ideal!