Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relay Recontruction reward

Kasarian

Zylak is THE WORST sidearm we received in literal YEARS.

Slow fire rate on BURST weapon? Really?
8 bloody bullets in a mag of burst weapon?!? Great, every 4 shots I reload.
And what the hell is wrong with crit being abysmal in favor of status?

If this was supposed to be Sybaris mini version then lemme tell you one thing:

It takes ALL the flaws of old vanilla Sybaris AND takes some bonus ones.

The only reedeming feature of this gun is fairly high base damage but if anyone would want high damage per shot sidearm they would use... oh I don't know:
Marelok and it's syndicate sister
Lex or it's Prime
Arca Scisco
Knell
Brakk
Euphona Prime
Pyrana or it's Prime
Pandero
Staticor

And lastly: Magnus which is superior in almost all aspects! A very old sidearm!

Please the love of god rebalance the gun:

Lower base damage by idk 10-20% in favor of fire rate and clip size - increase fire rate from 1.5 to 3 and mag size from 8 to 14 at least
Increase crit to at least 15%

Make this gun as at least good somewhat ok/good hybrid weapon that will be fun to use instead of this abysmal fodder...

EDIT: Do not bloody count rivens into guns balance or how good it is for crying out loud...

Edited by Kasarian

I agree. The weapon seems like it should have been added to the market for Mastery Rank 4 players to build while doing their starchart. The weapon itself seems extremely mediocre. Given we just got Prisma Twin Gremlins, this weapon is fodder in its current state.

Edited by Voltage

8 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Let's compare Primes and other variants to a weapon released for an event open to every player. Do you even need to build it?

Exclusive rewards should not be fodder. If this weapon were craft-able, it would cost abysmal amounts of resources because the weapon has abysmal stats. Quartakk and Stubba are "Event" weapons given that the Ghoul Purge is an "Event". These weapons are quite interesting and cost little-to-no resources. Nothing excuses the poor execution of the Zylok.

Edited by Voltage

Lex Prime has 150 base damage
Zylok has 140 base damage

So yes I will compare it to not only non-prime weapons but primes as well.
If we only received BP at would mean the gun would be actually good I'd happily throw Nitain and farm the damn Argon Crystals, hell throw forma to build it like big daddy Sybaris.

We received fairly high amount of free guns from events but in all cases they were upgrades to existing ones and all of them were buffed on weapon pass DE finally did.

This is like I already said: THE WORST sidearm we got in literal years.

It is literally a squashed Sybaris. Like, can't get any lazier than that. Three days ago (or so), Sheldon said they have no idea about the rewards. So, this weapon had, at best, 3 days of development time. It shows.

(Also, Sybaris is Tenno tech, so, how Cressa got her hands on Tenno tech that us Tenno have no access to is beyond me, and further sign that it was rushed)

2 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

It is literally a squashed Sybaris. Like, can't get any lazier than that. Three days ago (or so), Sheldon said they have no idea about the rewards. So, this weapon had, at best, 3 days of development time. It shows.

(Also, Sybaris is Tenno tech, so, how Cressa got her hands on Tenno tech that us Tenno have no access to is beyond me, and further sign that it was rushed)

Dang it you beat me by like a second XD

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

So a weapon handed to you without needing to invest anything into it, available to brand new players, should be compared to Primes?

This weapon is not really all that available to brand new players - I can hardly see newcomers defeating G3 on their own, doing Symaris scans and having enough resources to build the "relay beams"**.

This weapon is not just given out for doing nothing.

**Indirectly this gun costs 25 thousand salvage, 10 morphics and 75 Trembera. While last 2 aren't hard to drop, getting 25 thousand salvage is not a snap of a finger to a lot of players.

EDIT:Let's not forget we're talking about a gun that is a plain example of a reused asset - Slightly modified and scaled Sybaris model and firing animation, forgot if it was mareloks or some other guns...

Edited by Kasarian

Not even sure a riven would save it from collecting dust tbh.  Its crit is too low to mod for,  its status is already high,  all that you can hope for is more damage/multi which still really leaves you with a semi auto burst status weapon.  Even as good as sybaris prime is there really isnt anyone rushing out to get one for even sortie missions.  This will be worse

vor einer Stunde schrieb peterc3:

So a weapon handed to you without needing to invest anything into it, available to brand new players, should be compared to Primes?

That makes absolutely NO SENSE, why would you make a EVENT weappon thats absolut trash? "Yeah fk the new player haha lets make trash for fun so we can waste their time." Thats not DE. You are talking nonsense. And a Lex Prime is easy to get just like the others, "Prime" doesn't mean good or better.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Remember when the zenith was horrible upon release? But then they buffed it. Maybe give some better feedback instead of ranting like a 9 year old.

Excuse me but this feedback is beyond a 9 year old, those don't rant but are more likely to cry. My rant is at the very least on the level of 16 year old (sadly am almost double that, damn time passing too fast).

Bad sarcasm aside.

DE should be aware of stats of other weapons when releasing new ones and whoever putted stats on this weapon should have been aware of what kind of weapon is (and was) Sybaris but if you compare this weapon to sidearms of 'similar' function it's simply mind blowing how bad this weapon is. Just because they buffed Zenith later just shows that they simply don't learn over the years simple fundamental thing - instead of semi randomly slapping together stats - test it, mod it test it again and compare to other weapons.

"Recently" normal weapons are more than likely to under perform no matter their mr requirements (aka be mr fodder) as opposed to primes which have surprisingly always good stats compared to their normal variant (but popularity being another beast)

But what am I talking about, just 3 days ago this weapon didn't even exist from what I know from people in the know...

10 minutes ago, Kasarian said:

Excuse me but this feedback is beyond a 9 year old, those don't rant but are more likely to cry. My rant is at the very least on the level of 16 year old (sadly am almost double that, damn time passing too fast).

Bad sarcasm aside.

DE should be aware of stats of other weapons when releasing new ones and whoever putted stats on this weapon should have been aware of what kind of weapon is (and was) Sybaris but if you compare this weapon to sidearms of 'similar' function it's simply mind blowing how bad this weapon is. Just because they buffed Zenith later just shows that they simply don't learn over the years simple fundamental thing - instead of semi randomly slapping together stats - test it, mod it test it again and compare to other weapons.

"Recently" normal weapons are more than likely to under perform no matter their mr requirements (aka be mr fodder) as opposed to primes which have surprisingly always good stats compared to their normal variant (but popularity being another beast)

But what am I talking about, just 3 days ago this weapon didn't even exist from what I know from people in the know...

I'm 21 and half asleep, look how I behaved. You really think 16 year old's are any better?

it's a strange Weapon, yes.
note that those Crit Stats aren't too bad with how nonsensical Secondary Mods are.

the Rate of Fire is surprisingly low, yes.
less Crits for a sawn off version of a Gun does make sense in Warframe.

high Base Damage that's quite Slash weighted with high Status seems like the idea is a Slash weighted, Sniper version of Marelok.
i'm not sure how totally successful that'll be with its Stats, since Marelok Series has good Crits and is easily made into a Crit Slash Weapon.
so Zylok then seems like moving ammo out of the Magazine into each Shot.

in the meantime i'll be going for maximum Viral for Viral Slash and i'm sure it'll perform fine, just not sure if it'll  do something different from some other options around.

(also, vanilla Sybaris is almost a perfect Weapon, a Magazine of 20 would have been all it would've needed to flow super well)

Edited by taiiat

1 minute ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

I'm 21 and half asleep, look how I behaved. You really think 16 year old's are any better?

It was 3 in the morning when I posted this thread and it's 5 in the morning now and I have trouble sleeping (unrelated to warframe unfortunately) and was pretty hyped when saw people posting that this is mini sybaris just to be disappointed to say the least...

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

*snip*

Have you tested the weapon? Cause even with Lethal torrent (staple obligatory mod for all sidearms) and Gunslinger the fire rate still feels just horrendous and I played around a lot with burst weapons, additionally reloading every 4 slow bursts is more than annoying. True, crit mods are pretty crap on sidearms outside of rivens anyway but that doesn't explain why it has abysmal (I know, I'm repeating myself) fire rate coupled with small mag size when it's big brothers biggest issue was the small clip size for a burst weapon...

8 minutes ago, Kasarian said:

Have you tested the weapon?

it shoots slow
additionally reloading every 4 slow bursts is more than annoying.

True, crit mods are pretty crap on sidearms outside of rivens anyway but that doesn't explain why it has abysmal (I know, I'm repeating myself) fire rate coupled with small mag size when it's big brothers biggest issue was the small clip size for a burst weapon...

did you read what i wrote? every word you say after this points to no.

i said it shoots slow. >.>
Reloading often isn't awful if you do a lot of Damage in between your Reloads. which it does have high Base Damage, and the Reload is also fast. Reloading often isn't a problem in of itself, the rest of the Weapon around it also matters.

uhh, i said the exact opposite. Secondary Crit Mods(especially in context of Multi-Shot) are so powerful that Zylok still has not too shabby Crits.
presumably Zylok doesn't have a larger Magazine than Sybaris because of situations like how it was stupid that for years Marelok was a massive upgrade over Grinlok.