The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma's 24h makes an annoying time creep :(

Uthael

Please lower the 24h timer on anything that needs 24h to complete. Some games have 22h timers. WoW had 20h and I liked that very much (hadn't played it since Cata released, wouldn't know about present).

Formas are the prime offender. Delaying building the next one adds up and losing a day due to not being able to be online to catch the completition... Hurts.

Optionally, there could still be a limit of 30 formas in 30 days.

Edit:

Another idea that came up in this topic is to implement the ability to queue up one forma to be built next. This would give us the freedom to pay attention to the game any time we find convenient, but would still require people to log in every day. So far (4 pages of posts), nobody was against that.

Edited by Uthael

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

you can use the warframe app to quickly collect and build forma even when you're not playing 

I'm trying. But the time is getting pushed out of convenience every day. ... 'Til I have to skip one. Hate it when it happens.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

If it did take 20 hours, this thread would still exist and you'd be asking for 16.

Even if we assume people did want to take more and more, can you blame them? Nearly everything costs forma, and you are time gated by 24hrs. Polarizing warframes and weapons, building dojo rooms, clan tech weapon recipes. There are 53 weapons alone that require forma to build them. 53 days just to acquire the resource to make them. 36 warframes total (primes not included), and people typically forma them at least once, adding minimum another 36 days just to wait for the resource. Building every room in dojo at least once requires 29 formas. How about companions and sentinels? Sentinel weapons? How about all the builds for weapons that require 3-5 forma?

However, I understand why the build time is 24 hours. Lets be real, the time gate for construction in any video game is done as an incentive for impatient players to pay up. It is a subtle form of money maker. You either pay with your money or your time to get your item. However, as for why formas being so important as a resource locked at 24 hours, it is possible that the time was decided back when Warframe did not currently have 36 base frames, and over 300 weapons. You could queue a forma after you came home from work or school, and by the time you came back the next day it would be done. For veterans, they have been able to keep up with forma costs since they have already grinded up until now. They are sitting on forma piles waiting for the next weapon release. But for new players, formas are quite daunting, given how much you need.

As a veteran myself, I have no qualms with the 24 hour because I have no real need to use them atm, so I can stockpile. However I recognize that new players do not have the 1k+ hours I have played. I honestly think it is time to reduce the time required to build formas. I see no reason why we cannot build 2 formas a day, 12 hours each. The impatient will still rush or buy the forma packs regardless of the time change (within reason).

10 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

If it did take 20 hours, this thread would still exist and you'd be asking for 16.

Why are there always people ready to criticize and pray on the drawbacks of any suggested change?

The last sentence of the OP pretty much solves the problem:

12 hours ago, Uthael said:

There could still be a limit of 30 formas in 30 days. 

And the first reply is another solution:

12 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I would be totally okay with the 24 hour build time if we could queue up things to build multiples.

Same problem, different solution. Same result. Neither offer progression advantages compared to current gameplay. Just QoL improvements. In fact, I'mma edit that into the OP.

Edited by Uthael

1 hour ago, Uthael said:

Why are there always people ready to criticize and pray on the drawbacks of any suggested change?

He was counter-argumenting, giving his opinion, same as you. It's a bit ironic you say that since your very statement shows you doing what you accuse him of.

---

As for the topic itself, let's say it for the 1000th time... It's like this due to the nature of the game, DE needs to timegate stuff for several reasons, forma is included in that and is a prime example of the system. I personally don't mind it being 24h, why? Because I don't build forma when I need, I build it always and stockpile them.

The lowest I see happening is 23.

Queueing, at least for Forma, is bypassing the entire reason a Forma takes a day to build. There's no reason to expect something that makes you interact with the game everyday to get something that allows you to not have to interact with the game every day.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Queueing, at least for Forma, is bypassing the entire reason a Forma takes a day to build. There's no reason to expect something that makes you interact with the game everyday to get something that allows you to not have to interact with the game every day.

So how about queueing a maximum of one? You'd still have to return every day.

Edit:

3 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

He was counter-argumenting, giving his opinion, same as you. It's a bit ironic you say that since your very statement shows you doing what you accuse him of.

Touché. You got me there. I meant to point out that he didn't even finish reading before starting to hate. I was bothered by it because he implies I plainly suggested faster forma building, which was not the idea or intention.

And he even got more upvotes than the OP for that, which means he's not the only one misunderstanding.

Edited by Uthael

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Then what have you gained for the need to code and test all of the changes that would need to happen?

1) The ability to be focused on something other than Warframe at the exact moment it finishes building
2) NOT pushing the timer further out of my convenience zone every day

I bet DE makes a lot of money on impatient people like me who can afford the forma bundle of 3 formas for 35p. I just love tuning the frames and weapons. If you dont have the money but have some time, you could always farm platinum in one of the various ways like plains = arcanes, or prime parts, and buy the forma bundles. Granted, it would be a bit stupid use of precious resource but it would go to supporting of the game. That or make some platinum with rivens if you've been lucky with them.

1) Do missions, get relics. 

2) Do fissures, open said relics, get prime parts. 

3) Sell prime parts for plat (reasonable prices), on trade chat. 

4) Use plat to rush forma, or buy forma bundles from the market. 

5) Wonder why people complain about the build time for forma. 

Optional 

6) Use syndicate standing from all the missions to buy syndicate mods and weapons to sell for even more plat. 

🙂

• 2 weeks later...

And the white knights come rushing to DE's aid...

Seriously, someone explain why we shouldn't be able to build more than one forma (or any type of blueprint for that matter) at a time? Is DE going to be offended just because someone brought this issue up? I don't understand why people on these forums feel the need to jump on any sort of suggestion like this, that could potentially benefit hundreds of players, before Digital Extremes even has the chance to weigh the options for themselves (why not let them decide if this is worth changing or not, since it's their game?).

Is it going to hurt you? Is it going to hurt the game? Is DE going to go hungry? Are we all going to get in trouble if Digital Extremes catches wind of this thread and learns that someone "dared" to raise this as an issue? Someone please enlighten me on this.

I'd like to see a cost/benefit analysis here if nothing else.

I'd like it to be 23 hours, 50 minutes so that theres a 10 minute window where you can still make them every 24 hours. 

The way things are now, you creep further and further beyond the 24 hour mark until you "lose" a day because you need the timer to be set back to something more convinent for you. Though being able to make them from the app probably helps alot ( I don't know anything about the app.)

Honestly 23hr for something many players build daily makes a TON of sense. It's not speeding up progression, it's not eliminating the "time gate" factor, it's not begging for "more for less", simply a HUGE change in convenience. Even the most diligent players using the app are subject to SOME amount of timecreep.

On 2018-08-30 at 9:00 PM, Uthael said:

I'm trying. But the time is getting pushed out of convenience every day. ... 'Til I have to skip one. Hate it when it happens.

Uh... 

2) Do fissures, open relics, get Prime stuff. 

3) Sell Prime stuff, get plat. 

4) Use plat to buy forma bundles. 

Congratulations you're now 3 days ahead. 

(Alternatively, use plat to rush the forma.) 

(Additionally, if you wear a syndicate sigil, you earn standing and can sell syndicate augments/weapons for plat.) 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... 

2) Do fissures, open relics, get Prime stuff. 

3) Sell Prime stuff, get plat. 

4) Use plat to buy forma bundles. 

Congratulations you're now 3 days ahead. 

(Alternatively, use plat to rush the forma.) 

(Additionally, if you wear a syndicate sigil, you earn standing and can sell syndicate augments/weapons for plat.) 

Irrelevant to the problem at hand, condescendingly repeating yourself doesn't help. I have over a dozen forma built and still don't like the daily time creep. 

En 31/8/2018 a las 11:58, peterc3 dijo:

But the Warframe App exists, wich allows you to keep building without interacting with the game. Adding a Queue would be a QoL. We can already build things without opening the game anyways.