translation

'New alert'

Or

Rell

"Rap tap tap, gotta rescue an operative and get back"

"Rap tap tap, New Alert, better get on to that'

1 minute ago, Ethlaez_V2 said:

Mmm

I don’t really remember but when you touched her helmet you saw Umbra and Ballas. Also the operator said “I think she wanted me to see this”

And I’m pretty sure in Apostasy she wasn’t happy to see Ballas. To me it looked like he sort of mind controlled her

Her wanting you to see it doesn't mean its not a trap.  The new war cinematic at tennocon pretty much set up Natah as the bad guy.   

11 minutes ago, Arekin said:

Her wanting you to see it doesn't mean its not a trap.  The new war cinematic at tennocon pretty much set up Natah as the bad guy.   

Well, I get the whole Star Wars vibe going with that a la Luke and Vader. 

"But I sense the good in her, Teshin."

Addendum: I don't want this to happen, mind you. But it probably will.

Happy GRIM?

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas

But then they have to redo all the narration should they re-introduce the old events coz Lotus will not exist anymore. So the chance is very slim, if possible at all.

She will most likely return with a new character model or given a new personality maybe but at least the VA will not change.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Well, I get the whole Star Wars vibe going with that a la Luke and Vader. 

"But I sense the good in her, Teshin."

I get that too and I am genuinely afraid that will be the direction DE takes.  I would be ok if Lotus shows some death bed remorse, but if she does the full Vader "sacrifice to save her child" thing it would be annoying.  I would rather the Tenno do what they have done in the past and show the emotional and physical strength that characterizes them.  They have it set up perfectly already with Teshin showing you the power that as buried inside of you the whole time during the war within.     

3 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

But then they have to redo all the narration should they re-introduce the old events coz Lotus will not exist anymore. So the chance is very slim, if possible at all.

She will most likely return with a new character model or given a new personality maybe but at least the VA will not change.

I don't know, I feel like while things like sorties and alerts are not bound by the story line, Quests are kind of a linear path unique to each player.  I like that certain quests require you to go at it solo.  They may have to redo some Lotus voicelines for Ordis, but they aalready have is in game sprite so it would be really easy to swap in those lines.  Honestly, I never understood why Ordis never just took over on missions anyway.   

9 hours ago, Arekin said:

Because SHE also knew who she had once been, and she rejected that to replace the parents that the Tenno lost.  She adopted us, and her past didn't matter.  What she did after that, succumbing to Ballas's call, that was no different than when the Tennos' parents went mad and wished harm on them.  The Tenno fought back then, and they should do the same now.

Honestly, it would be a perfect parallel to the Tennos' origins, and if would be more of a coming of age than any battle the Tenno have fought in the past.

Except do we really know she's succumbed to Ballas? At least willfully? As it stands she was struck by a wave of energy, had an immediate character reversal, and has rejoined the sentients all the while only seemingly aiding us via her left behind helmet. Her so called betrayal is dubious at best given the present information, and if people feel betrayed at this point I'm moreso inclined to believe it is because they actively want to feel betrayed rather than that they just genuinely feel that notion. 

Edited by Cubewano

Eh, it's kinda clear that Ballas did some form of shenanigans on her in Apostasy, so I'm just waiting to see what exactly is gonna happen when she, Ballas, and Space Grandma show back up. It's highly unlikely that DE is gonna straight kill her off though, she's WAAAAAY too important to the story and to us Tenno. It would be at best a self-sacrifice or a mercy kill, which would make complete sense for her character as they've shown it.

4 hours ago, Arekin said:

I genuinely liked space mom, but there is definitely a sense of betrayal.  She is no longer the space mom that I grew to love, instead she is a cold calculating monster that has betrayed us.

What if she just doesn't have a choice? Like Teshin in TWW. She seems to be trying to help us. First she gives us the vision of Umbra through her helmet and at the very end of the quest she tells where she's going.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Grim, how could you be so CRUEL?!

lol jk at this point I would rather space dad Teshin take over. also, i know about your long-held hatred for Excal, but what's up with Skiajati? or do you hate it because it's made from Umbra's flesh?

Yes. Made from an Excailbur's skin, literally unusable, you know how deep the hate goes.

And I'm only cruel because I've, as I said a few times, slowly learned to loathe Lotus.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

I’m still thinking it’s kinda wtf that Ballas can make Natah revert to her primitive sentient nature just like that. It’s like it’s making no sense that Natah was helping Tenno for so long n just mood swing wanting to belong to sentient again. 

I felt there’s a missing part of the story that DE didn’t write as to why this sudden mood swung. 

As about killing her, that’ll be good since Tenno mass murder for fun. I’d like to have a new cleavage revealing guide after Natah is killed lol

reasons why DE will make Spacemom come back to us:

Lotus has over 300 different transmissions for normal missions (possibly many more I just stopped counting at 300).

getting a new mission handler would require them to record all of those a second time.

recording alone would take a lot of time but then there is also the work behind the scenes the sound team would have to do.

all of this is imho a waste of time and money

Personally I don't really care about the lotus as a character,  but I do like her voice actor, and I HATE Ordis' whining robotic drivel. If lotus HAS to die,  at least let Teshin take over.  He has a great voice actor. 

I agree with the OP. Now that the helmet has been removed and Natah's mind is no longer contaminated she is once again a loyal Sentient warrior and leader. By all means continue to revere Margulis, she was a great woman and a martyr, but The Lotus was an illusion, Marguils' memories implanted into Natah's mind. It is time to remove Natah's image and voice as our tactical advisor.

27 minutes ago, brucifer1 said:

I agree with the OP. Now that the helmet has been removed and Natah's mind is no longer contaminated she is once again a loyal Sentient warrior and leader. By all means continue to revere Margulis, she was a great woman and a martyr, but The Lotus was an illusion, Marguils' memories implanted into Natah's mind. It is time to remove Natah's image and voice as our tactical advisor.

As confirmed by....?