Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your load out for long Mot/Survival solo runs ?

(PSN)Pumba_Beneator

Question

Hi all - well the title says it all.

I've started looking into the "long" Void Survival solo runs (aka Mot), and I'm currently using an Octavia with amp and mallet moded for range and duration, a little bit of power, some efficiency, and a Radiation-built Zenistar. I basically try to find a good spot with lots of spaw, and there I stay, spamming 1, 3 and 4, picking up life orbs, etc. I did one hour so far, just getting one shot by "accident" (ie wrong place at the wrong time, not even being shot at, yes stupid I konw).

Anyway - what frames / load outs / strategies do you guys use ?

18 answers to this question

I typically go with Ivara for solo.

Just your regular prowl/sleep build along side with a dagger equipped with Covert Lethality mod kills everything.

Survivability isn't a issue since Ivara will be 100% invisible all the time.

For <100 lvl enemies, any primary/secondary do the job easily, I only start using the dagger later in the run.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Pumba_Beneator said:

strategies

Personally I like to play the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wukong with an appropriately modded Iron Staff, allows me to play well over an hour solo whilst still requiring effort of my part, instead of "Netflix and Chill Ability Spam"

:clem:

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pumba_Beneator said:

I've started looking into the "long" Void Survival solo runs (aka Mot), and I'm currently using an Octavia with amp and mallet moded for range and duration, a little bit of power, some efficiency, and a Radiation-built Zenistar. I basically try to find a good spot with lots of spaw, and there I stay, spamming 1, 3 and 4, picking up life orbs, etc. I did one hour so far, just getting one shot by "accident" (ie wrong place at the wrong time, not even being shot at, yes stupid I konw).

Something which requires more than an afk playstyle

"oooh that endurance"

I actually can't play survival for more than an hour without falling asleep.  That said, my standard general purpose loadouts for the frames I use most are usually enough.  Since I mostly play Ivara with Daikyu, AkBolto Prime, and Venka Prime/Glaive P, Nikana P, I don't have any problems with hour survival until I start dozing off.  😁 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Cue the Nidus mains coming here to preach about their almighty stomp god of stacks

You are a man sins for not believing in the power of NIDUS. BEGONE!!11!

Seriously, I just run rhino (ow the cancer), ash (when I finish maxing narrow minded), and of course everyone's favorite frame...

Valkyr (but I do run her for hysteria life steal with rage so I can easily summon it when I need health), also don't forget range nidus for larva + virulence.

1 hour ago, MrMrs said:

Bimbo is the only god, all others are idols of the faithless! Convert and you may yet receive salvation.  

1 hour ago, MrMrs said:

Seriously, I just run rhino (ow the cancer), ash (when I finish maxing narrow minded), and of course everyone's favorite frame...

Valkyr (but I do run her for hysteria life steal with rage so I can easily summon it when I need health), also don't forget range nidus for larva + virulence.

That reminds me, I need to slap a potato onto my valkyr prime and start scratching away happily.

8 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Personally I like to play the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wukong with an appropriately modded Iron Staff, allows me to play well over an hour solo whilst still requiring effort of my part, instead of "Netflix and Chill Ability Spam"

This.

I honestly don't see the reason why so many people try to play this game like an MMO.  

I just dive in and make some chaos, it's plenty easy to last an hour there with a whole bunch of builds.  A few make it easier to keep it dynamic than others (Pixie Edgelord Atlas, Wukong and his beating stick, Hamsterball Nyx, Nekros or Hydroid with a fast heavy blade zaw with Exodia Hunt, Zephyr and her Toddlernadoes, Shouty Hugs Valkyr, etc.).  

I just want more challenging content that I don't need to wait an hour to get to.

21 hours ago, (PS4)Pumba_Beneator said:

Ash with arcane trickery and prisma shade

Arca plasmor with 32k radiation

AKlex prime with 7k puncture

rakta dark dagger

Mag 4,2, healing  Furis or 4,2,4 

Loki augmented 1,2. Or Natural talent instead of augment. QT for insurance 

Rhino augmented 2, repeat to replenish 

You’re not tanking anything with the glass casters so cc spamming really is their survival.  

Tanks and stealths are another playstyle altogether so they can afford to press less buttons. Still they require concentration and timing because Mot 

Have to admit one playstyle is so easy I started synthesis scanning, shame on me lol

Ye, this made me realize I haven’t taken the healers Trin and Obe to hard survival 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

Trinity Prime, Vampire Leech, Quick Thinking + Rage build.
Corinth, seeking fury, corrosive + fire build with increased fire rate and capacity.
Aklex Prime, corrosive crit build.
Nikana Prime, Corrosive, Berserker Crit build

Carrier Prime Ammo Case + Vacuum 
Sweeper Prime corrosive + seeking fury build

same loadout for Sortie.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

On 2018-08-31 at 12:40 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Cue the Nidus mains coming here to preach about their almighty stomp god of stacks

Peeps neurosing on stacks are not very seasoned in my opinion. Larva along with its mod is amazing cc. Stacks are for his skills link and ravenous and undying. Sure it’s nice to magic ninja curb stomp. Nidus is a lot of fun in Mot, but so are a lot of frames. Ash, Loki, Umbra. I should play with a few more when in the mood to spank Vor.

1) Seeking Shuriken Ash with a viral Zarr & viral Zenistar (or Zaw dagger with Exodia Contagion...sometimes a Zakti & Glaive Prime combo)

2) Ivara with either a viral Zenistar and her 4 supported by a Hunter Munitions setup and Concentrated Arrow with a corrosive Pox...or a simple Zaw dagger with CL.

3) Nidus with corrosive Pox 

4) Mag with a corrosive Mara Detron

Solo I'm having the most success with these. Octavia works great too, but omfg she's so boring to play. For long runs, Inaros/Rhino can't keep up with Nidus in terms of being a damage dealing tank. A lot of frames, including squishy Banshee, can do long solo runs...it's just (much) easier with the frames above. Would add Mesa, but imo she still dies a bit too easily compared to the others mentioned.

Mag works amazingly well, but is the toughest to play well of the lot. Nidus actually gets stronger at high levels because it's easier for him to build stacks quickly against high level enemies. You want to correctly synergize elemental damage and ideally be able to strip both armor with corrosive and halve health with viral damage...unless you are Ivara with a CL dagger in which case you don't really care 😉

Edited by (PS4)Radehx