Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Possible Solution to the Vets vs. Noobs 300-Day Log-in Reward

(PSN)PandaPapa146

Here's a possible solution regarding the current debate concerning one element, i.e., the 300-day log-in Reward - ZENISTAR.

Out of all the log-in rewards, this weapon is perhaps the most desired item. Those ('vets') that already have it, feel they 'earned' it; those ('noobs') that are relatively 'new' to WF don't see why they should have to wait for 300 days to get it. 

Without taking into consideration number of hours played / days logged-in / MR / insert 'other' / etc. - due to people having different game-time play schedules / lifestyles / etc., here's one way around the problem that can satisfy everybody, including the DEvs...

1. For anyone who already has a Zenistar, and/or, is within 30-days (or more?) of obtaining it, DE introduces a straight swap for a ZENISTAR PRIME - with a raft of upgraded stats, etc., to be introduced and retrofitted to all eligible Tenno, once it has been built; furthermore, It can not be sold or obtained via Missions or Alerts / re-sold to other Tenno / traded, not now/then, nor in the future...not ever.

2. For anyone who fulfils DEs new log-in reward suggestions, as per the Change to Log-In Rewards thread, once implemented - whatever schedule it turns out to be, gets a standard ZENISTAR - as per the current version.

3. For anyone new to WF thereafter (implementation of the change), Condition 2 will apply.

This, imho, would work; and it's much more doable than trying to split the community, which will happen, whatever DE decides to do based on the current 'argument'. It's a relatively 'easy' solution, that answers the needs of both sides of the community, currently expressing deeply passionate thoughts on the matter, and, more importantly, how to be 'recognised' as a senior player, which is an important point...as any ex-military person with some time under his/her belt, will tell you.

FYI: I am due to collect my Zenistar well within the a/m 30-day suggested period, counting down from today.

Anyhoo, this is just my 2 cents. YMMV.

Cheers!

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Equinox21697:

So wouldn't giving a Primed weapon for someone just because they started playing before someone else not split the community? 

I have Excalibur Prime because i started earlier (to be fair, i payed for it) and other people can't get it now.

But i agree, i wouldn't make the weapon unobtainable.

Edit: Also not fair for Veterans like me who have been playing for a long time but paused the game right before the new login system dropped. Now i only have like 250 days of logins.

Edited by kaldewej

Or, you know, dem vets should stop being so entitled and deal with it, cause getting the zenistar (or any of the log in rewards) is not a difficult task at all. Don't give them preferential treatment, it'll go to their heads and split the community even further.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

So wouldn't giving a Primed weapon for someone just because they started playing before someone else not split the community? 

Nah! Only to those who seek to agitate and provoke.

Remember, the goal for the majority is to get access to that weapon asap, if not sooner; and, to 'recognise' those who got there the hard[er] way.

That's my take on the issue. YMMV

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, kaldewej said:

I have Excalibur Prime because i started earlier (to be fair, i payed for it) and other people can't get it now.

But i agree, i wouldn't make the weapon unobtainable.

Okay, point taken: then, perhaps there could be specific date set when one can upgrade from a Zensistar to a Zenistar Prime, say, after n. hours played / MR / Platinum Purchased / Eidolons Slaughtered / Fish Caught / Dojos Decorated / n. Members in Clan achieved / etc.

Or not.

A riddle, 'twixt a conundrum, indeed! lol

Cheers!

Easiest solution would be to implement a catch-up mechanic, and one way that would work is to allow a multiplier after logging in long enough (let's say 150 days straight) so then one login day now counts as two. As it would be a "catch up", if you are all caught up on login days, then the multiplier would no longer apply. If you ever broke your streak after having a multiplier, then it is removed until you meet its requirements again.

So your suggestion is to give "veterans" a weapon, that is unobtainable by new players? An even stronger version of a sought after weapon at that? Yep. That's going to go down well.....

How about people stop feeling so entitled instead?

I'm getting the Zenistar in a couple of weeks, and I seriously hope they implement the new system before then. I dislike that melee style, and the gimmick function doesn't make up for it. I'd rather have the rifle than more MR fodder. Do I throw a tantrum if things don't turn out exactly how I want it? No. I plan on logging in for years to come. I'll get the things I want eventually.

Ease off the want button, Veruca.

veruca-salt-gif-6.gif

Here's a simple thought.. just move all the rewards somewhere else like what happened with Raids, and put cosmetics in their place, then just give people cosmetics up to their login days. That way none of the stuff is mastery or power locked, and we get to look pretty and vets still get to have their exclusive cosmetics till others catch up

2 hours ago, Yrkul said:

So your suggestion is to give "veterans" a weapon, that is unobtainable by new players? An even stronger version of a sought after weapon at that? Yep. That's going to go down well.....

How about people stop feeling so entitled instead?

I'm getting the Zenistar in a couple of weeks, and I seriously hope they implement the new system before then. I dislike that melee style, and the gimmick function doesn't make up for it. I'd rather have the rifle than more MR fodder. Do I throw a tantrum if things don't turn out exactly how I want it? No. I plan on logging in for years to come. I'll get the things I want eventually.

Ease off the want button, Veruca.

veruca-salt-gif-6.gif

Hey! Spin-to-win is MY play style!

An' I got (read, 'earned') Maim, as well! lol

Horses for courses. You play your way...and I'll play mine....now, where's my Zeni P?

Seriously, I just don't get why veterans are creating a divide in the community. And then proceed to say that there's only toxicity due to the influx of new players due to Plains of Eidolon.

Now imagine Login 1.0 (Yes, this isn't even the 1st login rework), and if people cried this hard back then. We have a new and improved system, so we should go for it, whiners out. It's not about what the game is or was, it's about what it could be. Imagine a fully complete Warframe, out of Beta stage and with all frames released, all reworked and up to date, nothing more to add. I know that the game is ever evolving, but just imagine what the perfect Warframe game would look like with every mechanic, complete story, etc. 

Several years ago if someone had told me Warframe would have Railjack, Cinematic Quests, Open Worlds, Operators, etc. I'd have laughed on their faces. But I'm thankful DE pushed forward so we can have this amazing game. So, should we return to Login 1.0, Melee 1.0, Damage 1.0, Modding 1.0, everything 1.0? Because all I see is people afraid of change, but change already took place several times over the years, making this whole cry fest look very cringe.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

4 hours ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

For anyone who already has a Zenistar, and/or, is within 30-days (or more?) of obtaining it, DE introduces a straight swap for a ZENISTAR PRIME

This is ridiculous.

For anyone who fulfils DEs new log-in reward suggestions, as per the Change to Log-In Rewards thread, once implemented - whatever schedule it turns out to be, gets a standard ZENISTAR - as per the current version.

The picture becomes clearer.

FYI: I am due to collect my Zenistar well within the a/m 30-day suggested period, counting down from today.

The real reason you made this thread. Lots of people debating this super desirable weapon being available to people sooner... you just want to be the last through the door to get something to lord over others.

This is so transparent as to make one wonder why you didn't just write "I'm about to get mine, everyone else can go f themselves".

1 hour ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

Hey! Spin-to-win is MY play style!

An' I got (read, 'earned') Maim, as well! lol

Horses for courses. You play your way...and I'll play mine....now, where's my Zeni P?

Funny. I never mentioned Spin-to-win, and I don't play Lawnmower-style myself.

Basically, this is just another Veruca Salt thread.

1te4lq.jpg

Imo the best solution is to ignore the whining "vets" and continue as DE has planned. Fyi ive been playing for years, almost since launch on ps4... I was here for the old system and ths is way better. Im 21 days from my 1k login and im totally ok with a new player having access to any of the rewards at each milestone. 

Doesn't hurt me one bit.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

This is ridiculous.

The picture becomes clearer.

The real reason you made this thread. Lots of people debating this super desirable weapon being available to people sooner... you just want to be the last through the door to get something to lord over others.

This is so transparent as to make one wonder why you didn't just write "I'm about to get mine, everyone else can go f themselves".

Sorry, you are so wrong. I put that little bit of disclaimer info in there for reasons which you have now made obvious. If you see my post in the humdinger complaint thread from DE(Rebecca)...you will clearly see my position, clearly stated.

Anyhoo, 'tis but your opinion, and, you're welcome to express it.

Cheers!

58 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Funny. I never mentioned Spin-to-win, and I don't play Lawnmower-style myself.

Basically, this is just another Veruca Salt thread.

1te4lq.jpg

"I don't like the melee style, and the gimmick function doesn't make up for it."

"How about people stop feeling so entitled instead?"

What was that about being salty? I was using self-deprecating humour to highlight the way I prefer to play...and I added the rider that I 'earned' the Maim mod, which I did, through the grind machine, way back. Sorry you could not see the wood for the trees. NVM. 

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

"I don't like the melee style, and the gimmick function doesn't make up for it."

"How about people stop feeling so entitled instead?"

What was that about being salty? I was using self-deprecating humour to highlight the way I prefer to play...and I added the rider that I 'earned' the Maim mod, which I did, through the grind machine, way back. Sorry you could not see the wood for the trees. NVM. 

Cheers!

Well, that's some heavyhanded cognitive filtering right there.

Me not liking the Zenistar and rather wanted another weapon was never the issue. As I wrote, I'll get what I prefer eventually. How can you equate that to being entitled?

And my reference to Veruca Salt has nothing to do with being salty. Veruca Salt is a character from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl. You might even have seen one of the movie iterations at some point. But I guess that went right over your head. Repeatedly.

As others have already pointed out, this thread is all about: DADDY! I WANT LOOT AND I WANT IT NAAAAAOOO! GIMMEGIMMEGIMME...

Hence the reference.

And you might want to learn the difference between a "noob" and a "newb".  Talk about putting your foot in your mouth...

6 hours ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

Okay, point taken: then, perhaps there could be specific date set when one can upgrade from a Zensistar to a Zenistar Prime, say, after n. hours played / MR / Platinum Purchased / Eidolons Slaughtered / Fish Caught / Dojos Decorated / n. Members in Clan achieved / etc.

Or not.

A riddle, 'twixt a conundrum, indeed! lol

Cheers!

I'll be at 1000 days soon with about 5k hours on this account.

Since DE is doing the choose from 3, but I assume it will be like current where the rewards are still 3-Card Monte and thus not fully guaranteed picks....meaning a fresh new player could still have bad RNG at picking and potentially not hey the Zenistar even at 300 days. 

* Since it would always poll 3 weapon choices that get scrambled for the player to pick from:

Azima, Zenistar, Zenith at 100, than 2 of those weapons plus Sigma & Octanis at 300, then at 500 hopefully whatever weapon there is at 1100 a unless Syndanna and Armor set would be the next items to be mixed-in.

The 3-card Monte style - would be most hurtful to those "Veterans" that are at the next not yet revealed reward: 

- Imagine there being a new weapon at day 1100, but it is presented with 3-card Monte Style with 2 previous duplicate weapon rewards

I would not be happy missing out on the latest reveal reward, but that would be the best way for DE to allow players possibility of getting ahead and reclaiming past milestones.

The tribute system is much better than the previous which had the Specific weapon slot affinity bonus upon log-in, and mosyly has felt rewarding reaching milestones.

I don't view the new changes as giving my alt accounts a way to catch up, but instead a way to potentially push a once guaranteed Milestone even further out.

Those of us at the "caught up" status are awaiting for milestone rewards that are usually not in the game and thus could not be choices before their game debut. The 3 Card Monte choice will only hurt us unless DE is going to implement 3 Milestones ahead for Veteran players.

But then that would just repeat the same issue where new players would be so far behind they could not get the newest "Milestone goodie choices" Thus still being a expanding gap, especially if it is possible to choose an older duplicate milestone reward.

DE could always do improvement variants of Milestone rewards or better yet future Milestone rewards could be something like a Disposition booster. (Which would allow an individual to boost the Riven Disposition of a single Weapon in player's inventory...it would not be trade eligible. Imagine applying enough Disposition boosters to get Zenistar to 5 disposition multiplier for that expansive range/attack speed Riven stats even though the same Riven would be a 1 Disposition for another player.)

There is a sleuth of possibilities for the reward system. 

As long as DE doesn't make it where players "caught up" on Milestone reveals do not get RNG shafted by potentially missing out on the newest Milestone by recieving a duplicate reward...I won't mind how it is changed.

5 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Well, that's some heavyhanded cognitive filtering right there.

Me not liking the Zenistar and rather wanted another weapon was never the issue. As I wrote, I'll get what I prefer eventually. How can you equate that to being entitled?

And my reference to Veruca Salt has nothing to do with being salty. Veruca Salt is a character from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl. You might even have seen one of the movie iterations at some point. But I guess that went right over your head. Repeatedly.

As others have already pointed out, this thread is all about: DADDY! I WANT LOOT AND I WANT IT NAAAAAOOO! GIMMEGIMMEGIMME...

Hence the reference.

And you might want to learn the difference between a "noob" and a "newb".  Talk about putting your foot in your mouth...

Dear Sir or Madam,

So sorry to have invaded your ivory tower, where your thought processes, such as they appear, obviously do not equate with mine. To avoid any further descent into nonsense, I shall leave you pondering the irony of your vapid responses. 

Oh, and fwiw: I can't recall ever having seen a film or television presentation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; though, I oft did read it, and all the other RD books, and lots more besides, to my little one(s) a very long time ago...perhaps, even, before you were born?!

Finally, the difference between 'noob' and 'newb'? Semantics, for sure...but, anyhoo, for your edification...

NOOB: Noun / a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the internet. / Origin: 21st Century...from NEWBIE

NEWB: Noun / short for NEWBIE: an inexperienced newcomer to a particular activity.

source: Oxford Dictionary of English

Now, I shall 'rest', and bid you adieu, and may you 'rest', in peace, too.

Pax Y'all.

Cheers!

Note to Moderator: Perhaps a good time to close this thread, as it appears to have been misconstrued - at best, and/or, misunderstood - otherwise. TYVM

8 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Since DE is doing the choose from 3, but I assume it will be like current where the rewards are still 3-Card Monte and thus not fully guaranteed picks....meaning a fresh new player could still have bad RNG at picking and potentially not hey the Zenistar even at 300 days.

Where are people seeing this?  The only thing I've seen that might possibly suggest this was a mockup that was not at a 50 or 100 day milestone doing the completely normal and not special three choices.  The workshop itself suggests being able to pick any from the pool of rewards, split into Even and Odd hundreds.

2 hours ago, (PS4)PandaPapa146 said:

Dear Sir or Madam,

So sorry to have invaded your ivory tower, where your thought processes, such as they appear, obviously do not equate with mine. To avoid any further descent into nonsense, I shall leave you pondering the irony of your vapid responses. 

Oh, and fwiw: I can't recall ever having seen a film or television presentation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; though, I oft did read it, and all the other RD books, and lots more besides, to my little one(s) a very long time ago...perhaps, even, before you were born?!

Finally, the difference between 'noob' and 'newb'? Semantics, for sure...but, anyhoo, for your edification...

NOOB: Noun / a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the internet. / Origin: 21st Century...from NEWBIE

NEWB: Noun / short for NEWBIE: an inexperienced newcomer to a particular activity.

source: Oxford Dictionary of English

Now, I shall 'rest', and bid you adieu, and may you 'rest', in peace, too.

Pax Y'all.

Cheers!

Note to Moderator: Perhaps a good time to close this thread, as it appears to have been misconstrued - at best, and/or, misunderstood - otherwise. TYVM

This is hilarious, just keep digging yourself deeper.

44 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Where are people seeing this?  The only thing I've seen that might possibly suggest this was a mockup that was not at a 50 or 100 day milestone doing the completely normal and not special three choices.  The workshop itself suggests being able to pick any from the pool of rewards, split into Even and Odd hundreds.

This is hilarious, just keep digging yourself deeper.

Another vapid response...and it's not even faintly amusing. Why bother? You're not actually adding anything positive to the thread.