The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant: Terrible or Misunderstood?

Rythiman

Interesting points being made here.

1 hour ago, Canstrom said:

My issue with Revenant, is that his 2 and 3 don't seem to match his "i'm an Eidolon Warframe".  I've never seen anything Eidolon related "turn into mist" or have a sleep skin.  

His 3 is similar to vomvalyst dash, which arr badically mini eidolons. His 2 is almost like a weaker version of the eidolons impenetrable shields. It would make sense that he isn't exactly like an eidolon because sentients and warframes are total opposite. One is powered by the void and the other is poisoned by it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I like alot of the ideas tossed around here, but I gotta say, from reading over literally every comment...it feels like many of the haters I see are mostly just "Not a DPS skill = useless", as if high damage numbers are the only way to have fun in Warframe 😕   Some of us do actually enjoy just messing around with things like Mind Control and other manipulations of the battlefield.  I mean, a frame could do -0- damage with any abilities, and we'd still have OP Weapons to do that for 'em.  Their powers alone don't have to be the killing components of the gameplay.

This seems baffling to me as for a long time now Warframe abilities have always have terrible damage scaling and so buffs and cc were king. For damage scaling we relied on weapon mods. But now we are seeing the growing trend to only value warframes that can deal large amounts of damage.

1 hour ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

I don't even like his ultimate , the way it's been portraited , i couldn't care much about the energy nerf thing, but i really loathe the design of the ability per se, my eyes cry RAPE everytime i see one of those clowns around

I'm not fond of the light show either. It looks cool when you're the one doing it but as an outside observer it gives me a headache. I try to be aware of this and only use it briefly and sparingly in my squads.

My only complain so far is that enthralls should be kept as enemy units, not allied ones. I think this is the reason why some enemy pulling skills such as the ferrox alt fire or the zenurik void mode (I don't remember the name) don't pull them.

It could be very useful if we could predict or control the movements of the enthralls

57 minutes ago, seventhSea said:

My only complain so far is that enthralls should be kept as enemy units, not allied ones. I think this is the reason why some enemy pulling skills such as the ferrox alt fire or the zenurik void mode (I don't remember the name) don't pull them.

This would make "Allies killing the Entralled Enemies" not as Annoying since it would still make them Enemies.

On 2018-09-01 at 2:04 PM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

As much as I DO think Revenant looks like fun, and I do think he'll be fine, despite the negative backlash on the forums (which happens with -every- new thing), I DO think that they tried too hard to mix Rebb's vision of a vampiric frame with the Eidolon concept, and they should have been 2 separate things.

This completely.  I woulda loved to have a more complete vampframe to go along with the mummyframe (then we just need Frankenstein's Monster and Wolfman for classic completion) It just feels like the frame wasn't fully fleshed out or something went terribly wrong in communication with the dev team working on it.  But I'm not complaining to hard, I have very little doubt that creating a concept and then making it fun/work is hard work.  

I think that revenant could do with some changes to his kit to become "playable" in the eyes of the majority of us.

His 1 should have a faster animation to be able to make more thralls, faster. I know natural talent is a thing, but i doubt anyone is willing to put it on revenant for the main purpose of making his most useless ability a small bit stronger. Alternatively, the cast could simply target an area to turn a small group of enemies into thralls, so it's less of a pain to enthrall enemies. The fountains after the thralls' deaths are the best part of his 1, but still has little use as likely everything around that area is already dead from another player.I think those fountains should shoot a beam at revenant and his allies to regenerate shields (and possibly energy) and give overshields if full, kind of like vomvalysts regenerate the eidolons do during boss fights at times. The beams effect should stack to, making having more thralls being more rewarding.

He could also do with the ability to continuously recast his 2 for more stacks up to a certain cap. E.g. each recast gives an additional 5 stacks up to a cap of 20. This could also be affected by power strength and make his 2 a strong power that can rival the strength of other frames. 

His 3 could do with having a lower cost as 75 energy at base is a lot for a simple emergency panic button ability. An interesting (augment?) idea would be to be able to channel 3 to stay in the superfast mode, and be able to rotate your direction. It would make him a lot better for open world areas. 

His 4 is a great ability, the only change I would make is revert the energy costs down to what it was before, to make it more comparable to the damage of other frames such as mesa's 4, which does about the same damage with an efficiency build, at a lower energy cost.

The reason I think revenant should get buffs like this is because even though he is *fine* as it is, he is currently really weak when you compare it to other frames such as rhino. I mean, it just doesn't make sense as to why some frames have similar abilities to others, but with versions a lot weaker. For example, the only area rhino loses out and revenant is in pure damage, but even then rhino can just 3 + 4, shoot and get similar effects, whilst also buffing teammates and leaving enemies open to kill for the whole team. 

16 hours ago, Canstrom said:

This completely.  I woulda loved to have a more complete vampframe to go along with the mummyframe (then we just need Frankenstein's Monster and Wolfman for classic completion) It just feels like the frame wasn't fully fleshed out or something went terribly wrong in communication with the dev team working on it.  But I'm not complaining to hard, I have very little doubt that creating a concept and then making it fun/work is hard work.  

Well, for Frankenframe, we've technically got Chroma.  Wolfframe?  Valkyr?  Hm...tough one.

But yeah, it's not a complaint so much as an observation.  They seemed kinda like Rebb was all proud of it, but then the rest of the team, even when asked about "Should we tweak it some more" and they were just like "Nah, just get it out if we can."   Which worries me.  

Maybe they're getting pressure from higher-ups to increase their frame release quota now that they're growing?

idk, all speculation.   tbh, though, I'd rather have -ONE- new frame a year, but have it be something they're -PASSIONATE- about releasing/working on, rather than frames released for the sake of having "new content".

I know that's not the popular opinion, because the vast majority on forums seem to be ravenous pirahnas, but I'll take quality > quantity any day