Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Event & The Sad Reminder of Old Friends

NecromancerX69

First I will like to thank DE for this event, I love it. ❤️  This is all I have to say for the event.

Now lets talk about our dear old friends, the ones we hardly ever get to see (Unless you trigger them).

The Assassins

These dear old friends have not aged well at all (specially the Syndicate Assassins squad).

Serious talk, most of the assassins can be 2 or 1 shot with almost any weapon in the game. If not just look at "DE Rebecca" when she gets the chance to play stalker and invade other players missions, most of the time she quickly dies in a couple of shots. The only times she got to get a kill is when players are unaware of their surroundings so they get sniped, other wise she would be dead in seconds.

Syndicate Assassins on the other hand are the worst: Specially Red Veil and Steel Meridian Assassins. Just jump on top of a box and they can't reach you, they clearly need a rework or buff.

I am aware DE is working hard on releasing The new war quest, Railjack and Fortuna. Along with quality of life changes for pets and melee weapons.

But, I hope DE could maybe one day get to buff the assassins and balance the syndicate assassin squad.

Here are a few suggestions on how to buff the normal assassins:

Normal Stalker: Should have at least 2 immunity phases, just so players don't nuke him right away and is a bit balanced for new players.

Sentient Stalker: Should have at least 3 immunity phases and allow stalker to use it's old dread or maybe a new bow for ranged combat, sometimes I feel old stalker was more deadly than sentient stalker, cause it's exalted blade attack can be easily dodged.

Grustrag 3: Should have at least 2 immunity phases each one of them or at least one immunity phase, their damage buffed 30% and armor buffed 50%. Also like Zanuka Hunter, if we fall in combat we have to try and escape from a Grineer prison. They will no longer use the shackle ability when they kill you.

Zanuka Hunter: Should have at least 2 immunity phases, the damage buffed to 30% and a permanent nullification of warframe abilities during the assassination. I would also like a visual rework on the Zanuka prison.

Syndicate assassins need a full rework in terms of usefulness for Specter use and maybe a visual rework to make them feel actually unique to the syndicate they belong.

Now to make the syndicate assassins actually scary...

a) If the assassins managed to kill you: You will lose a lot of standing, like a -70% with your syndicate factions.

or

b) If the assassins managed to kill you: You will get shackled (like the G3 when they kill you), it will lower your warframe damage dealing to any faction by -50%.  You will need to craft a part on your foundry to remove the shackle.

On another note, I would also like the introduction to new assassins:

Infested Assassin: The infested keep getting smarter and smarter, knowing of the dangers the warframe represent to the hives, the hive decided to send special breeds after the tenno. It has the size of a dog, but it's quick, deadly and behaves like a kavat. comes with 2 immunity phases, has a viral aura that will deal damage to your warframe over time. If you die, all your warframes will get toxic damage over time on any mission, the only way to remove it is by creating a vaccine on the foundry.

If you have any suggestions, I would like to hear them in the comments. ❤️

[TL; DR]

I love the new event.

In game assassins haven't aged well, they need a buff.

Immunity phases with no trigger to engage any kind of player agency.

I don't think DE or the players want that.

53 minutes ago, NecromancerX69 said:

comes with 2 immunity phases, has a viral aura that will deal damage to your warframe over time. If you die, all your warframes will get toxic damage over time on any mission, the only way to remove it is by creating a vaccine on the foundry.

This is a bad idea.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Immunity phases with no trigger to engage any kind of player agency.

I don't think DE or the players want that.

This is a bad idea.

Well, give a suggestion of what could be a good buff for assassins.

Killing them with 1 or 2 shots is not fun. Immunity for a bit of time is the closest fix without nerfing weapons or making the assassins bullet sponges.

As for the infested, how is a bad idea? and if you could make an infested assassin, what would be your ideal creation and the punishment for tenno if they get caught by said assassin?