Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Show Your Support During Leukemia Awareness Month   

[DE]Drew

Let’s Stand Together this September

Last year, we introduced the Harmony Ribbon to the Warframe community to show support for those affected by Leukemia. And the Tenno stepped up. This year, the same wearable ribbon will be given to all players when you login to Warframe during the month of September.

Far too many of us have had a direct or indirect experience with one or more forms of cancer.  While medical progress continues to be made, Digital Extremes is pleased to be a part of the fight against this too often devastating disease.

The Warframe community can show support for this group effort by wearing the Harmony Ribbon in-game. Tenno who are able are also encouraged to consider contributing financially to the effort. You can donate directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada by following this link: http://www.llscanada.org/ or take the extra step and participate in a local Light the Night walk. You can find locations here: http://www.lightthenight.ca/walk-locations/     

Thank you for your support Tenno, and don’t forget to login to Warframe between September 1 at 12 am ET to September 30  at 11:59 pm ET to receive your Harmony Ribbon and join the fight against cancer.

I'm a Tenno that woke up 6 months ago, and didn't know that this ribbon was a thing.  I just got it in my inbox, and it told me to read the news.  I read it and literally teared up.  I was diagnosed with Leukemia on thanksgiving 2013 and received a bone marrow transplant on August 12 of 2014 and have been cancer free since. I've had some rough times both physically and mentally because of this cancer, and within the past 6 months, this game has helped me in so many ways I cannot even begin to describe.  So, from a Tenno that is still standing and fighting for another day, thank you very much DE and every other Tenno.  you will never know how much this means to me.

18 minutes ago, Deadhead6093 said:

I'm a Tenno that woke up 6 months ago, and didn't know that this ribbon was a thing.  I just got it in my inbox, and it told me to read the news.  I read it and literally teared up.  I was diagnosed with Leukemia on thanksgiving 2013 and received a bone marrow transplant on August 12 of 2014 and have been cancer free since. I've had some rough times both physically and mentally because of this cancer, and within the past 6 months, this game has helped me in so many ways I cannot even begin to describe.  So, from a Tenno that is still standing and fighting for another day, thank you very much DE and every other Tenno.  you will never know how much this means to me.

To all with similar conditions, stand strong. We’ll all stand by to help each other. We shall never surrender to this horrid disease. This brave soul here didn’t, so why should you? We’re all in this together!

Through the cold mist...

Till we’re lifeless...

Together.

Wow...awesome...I have never seen an online gaming development team such as this. Thank you for your consciousness and humanitarian support. Hopefully all will do the same and support the cause.

As for the frustrated ones...hopefully you will overgrow and accept your pain and understand not to refuse support when it is freely given and with good intentions.

If you yourself have someone fighting cancer and you find this move an insult you may need to check yourself. Like ... seriously you may be angry or frustrated at what is happening to you and your loved one but this is clearly to help research on making an easy way out for people in the future. While it may not EVER affect you directly it helps fund the research done to find what needs to be done to cure this cancer or possibly any cancer instead of fighting it by almost killing people in chemotherapies betting that the person will survive one more every time.

There is a good thing happening here and i will most certainly always support such a move by DE. If they decide to make some more direct charity donations streams or events/items so be it, but this is something good too.

I entered my country's registry for bone marrow donors and keep my address and contact information updated, have been contacted a couple times now for a confirmation exam after one of those 'awareness bullS#&$ programs' you speak of and did got called in to donate once so far. I couldn't directly help my college days sweetheart that was fighting against leukemia at the time but I made the difference for someone.
If you want to vent your anger at something, do it at how low traction awareness campaigns like these get from the public in general and how few of the people it reaches actually do the same.

Last year when DE introduced the Harmony Ribbon into the game, they also started a campaign donation where they would match up any and all donations made through the link they provided back then and ,while surprised that they didn't do the same this time around, they might still.

So, please, don't push your personal experience at others, because others might have a different perspective and experience in the matter than you.

Have a good day.

I do, I really do. We still meet twice a year to celebrate the things she cherished most with her family and some of our mutual friends that still live in the country. Once at her birthday, on April, 19 and after that near the day she passed on, November 11. She was only 25 and couldn't find a donor, she was adopted so there were no blood relatives to test to and the system wouldn't help us track down her blood relatives for testing.
While the system may have failed us at our time of need, it's been years since then and the thousands of able donors increased to millions, we can't help but think that if it was now she would have a chance, all while hoping that others might have a better chance now too.

I'm not going to say that you are wrong in venting out and I'm not going to tell you that things will be better because they won't. But giving out in despair and going at others won't help either.

You might not appreciate the well wishes of faceless strangers in the Internet but I still wish that the remaining days your wife has will be good ones, despite suffering and hardships ahead.

Amazing how much hate this got. Yes awareness  is not a cure, but dont hate on DE for wanting to help in some way.  I think NickUlt said it best. :

3 hours ago, NickUlt said:

If you yourself have someone fighting cancer and you find this move an insult you may need to check yourself. Like ... seriously you may be angry or frustrated at what is happening to you and your loved one but this is clearly to help research on making an easy way out for people in the future. While it may not EVER affect you directly it helps fund the research done to find what needs to be done to cure this cancer or possibly any cancer instead of fighting it by almost killing people in chemotherapies betting that the person will survive one more every time.

There is a good thing happening here and i will most certainly always support such a move by DE. If they decide to make some more direct charity donations streams or events/items so be it, but this is something good too.

I'm a donor of leukemia disease and i'm also informing my friends to help by donating.

Seriously, they just need your saliva in order to find a match and in case you got a match you can save a life! 

There is a global bank world wide and everyone can contribute to this. And in case you don't want to, just think of one of your loved ones having to fight this and every person you see could be a possible donor for him/her. Trust me it's gonna drive you crazy! 😞 

We can all make a change for a better world. Be a part of the cure, not part of the disease!

CHARITY DONATIONS WITH PLATINUM???

Dear Digital Extremes,
Would you ever consider making your payment-system (temporarily) available for straight up platinum charity donations?

I’m surrounded by younglings and old farts who simply don’t have a credit-card or a PayPal account,
and by people who find donating (in its current form) too cumbersome or too “fourth wall breaking”.
Enticing them by matching their contributions is very honorable, but it won’t “activate” them.

Nevertheless, I’m convinced that THEY WOULD ALL DROP PLAT IN A HEARTBEAT,
IF THAT OPTION WOULD BE PRESENT IN-GAME!
(Mostly out of sheer practicality, because people are just lazy ; )

Also, temporarily grinding platinum with the sole purpose of donating (IN-GAME) set amount of profit to cancer-research sounds like a very idealistic and justified goal.

Or let us buy some unique (cosmetic) stuff, off which the profits go to this charity?

Now, before I go crazy and pitch a whole other set of ideas,
is it even possible for your payment-system to provide this (temporarily) service for in-game currency charity-contributions,
which must be of course, converted back into real money?
Is it even legal?
Somebody must have asked this question before?

I at least would think it to be a great idea to be able to directly contribute platinum because of its simplicity.
And would love to see such an option incorporated into the economy especially during a charity event like this.

I hope you will consider such an option for the future (or even during this current event : )
And I would like to thank you again for raising AWARENESS about this terrible disease,
and matching funds for different charities over several years by now.

23 minutes ago, Black_Croaker said:

The Ribbon gesture is a nice gesture and I want DE to step it up a notch. Can they put up an event ingame where we could donate plat for some cancer patient and they could buy those with primes.

Although not very elegantly stated,
but yes,
donating straight up plat to this charity sounds like a very good idea!

1 hour ago, ChaosWolfGR said:

I'm a donor of leukemia disease and i'm also informing my friends to help by donating.

Seriously, they just need your saliva in order to find a match and in case you got a match you can save a life! 

There is a global bank world wide and everyone can contribute to this. And in case you don't want to, just think of one of your loved ones having to fight this and every person you see could be a possible donor for him/her. Trust me it's gonna drive you crazy! 😞 

We can all make a change for a better world. Be a part of the cure, not part of the disease!

Thanks for your contribution.

Could you provide us with some links?

It started with simple dizziness, then it kept growing until one day he fell. His mother was asleep, "Mom!", he shouted from his room, "Mom! Mom! Maaaaaa!", his mum came rushing hearing his call, he was breaking apart, drowning in tears, "maa!". They knew, they called emergency who rushed him to the hospital where the doctors said he's been diagnosed, but don't worry, it's curable. It will take time, however, we are not sure what the outcome might be.

I am still standing tall, a proper chemotherapy, and medicines, 3 months of hospital and 8 months of regular weekly checkup has completely cured me. 

I sincerely thank you DE, for doing this small act of kindness, and I want to say this to everyone suffering or not, stay strong, keep fighting, stand tall, in the end it's all on you and your will to defeat this disease. Don't ever lose hope.

Archived