Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Hotfix 23.6.2

[DE]Danielle

the amount of senseless crying about revenant is astounding. it's really not a bad frame just needs a bit more tweaks ... try him out ... really try and play him for a few days with different builds ... i feel like everyone is just parroting complaints without even trying 

Not sure if this is the exact place to talk about this but here we go:

Revenant's 4 was really quite fine at 12.5 energy per second, if you wanted to charge it, I believe it was 3x cost while doing so? But honestly, twenty energy per second before charging is just too great a cost, unless you're heavily modding for duration or a high energy pool. Because if it is 3x cost while charging, without mods, if you want to get the maximum effect of the ability, you've got a whopping SIXTY energy per second cost. Now, maybe 12.5 was "too low" because people were minmaxing builds in order to have incredibly low energy costs, but when doing maximization types of builds, there's always a downside, so somebody who's abused their mods to the point where Rev's four cost like two energy per second or whatever originally either had a really weak, or really short range ability. Now, with this high energy cost, it doesn't feel even worthwhile to try and use his three while your four is active, which was about the only time I had used it before, to cover ground. Now I find myself running into a crowd and quickly bursting the four, rather than floating around a bit and making my way through hordes as I believe it was intended. Now, if you're looking for energy cost increases for Danse Macabre that feel useful to stop "set and forget" stuff, if that's what you guys have been trying to do, go for like, Fifteen or so energy per second, not twenty. I believe you guys have previously mentioned that this nerf was to prevent things similar to Ember's World on Fire ability, but honestly, when Ember uses that ability, she still has full control of her moment, has the ability to shoot, and melee basically she's just got an extra aura of death, meanwhile when Rev uses his fourth, he gets ground movement and the ability to make his four stronger, or use his three. I've been using Revenant since he was released and I can honestly say that nobody who's been using him asked for, or needed this great of a nerf. I will end on a high note though, and say that giving Enthrall seven instead of four feels a bit more on par with Nekros, as intended, and for that I am thankful.

2 minutes ago, Thiagokingst said:

Revenant really needs a rework, the nerf made him even worse.

Agreed. I know many people made suggestions on how to remedy this, but I threw my hat into the ring on this:

My post in on the 6th page.

So you give us a ok-ish slow duplex pistol that doesnt reach 100% status b4 ms

And u decrease fire rate and give it more recoil instead of speeding the finniky spin pause between shots ?
Why ? rather have the old version at least i can semi fast

Edit: For a Reward... its kinda weak sauce imo, Why no Brakk Wraith... Everyone would love Brakk Wraith 

Pls DE can you make the Quest frame Blueprint Purchaeable in the Market I removed my Atlas a time ago for some space but i didnt know the removal was PERMANENT and my only option is to Buy him with plat [a hefty amount too] and i feel that encourages a little bit of pay to win sry [DE] but thats how i feel Because thats the only way i can get the Warframe now, i have all the parts but the BP is Unobtainable Pls DE make Quest BP MARKET available after the quest is done thx! 

PS i already talked to support if they could re add the BP but to no avail was it possible because of i removed it a long time ago

55 minutes ago, --Q--Daddy said:

Hope you guys are still monitoring Revenant. The nerf to his 4 was a little bit too much!

P.S. Please fix the login issues 😞

His 4 is fine. It's not supposed to be a "press 4 to win" type of deal. I'm just a bit disappointed with his lackluster other abilities.

My suggestions (and this is just off the top of my head, admittedly)

1: could do with Thralls drawing attention away from the tenno. Also possibly increase the radius of the energy pools they leave when they die. Also, perhaps add an ability that, when cast during Danse Macabre, it releases a short-range energy pulse that enthralls up to the maximum number of thralls you can have within an 8 meter radius and consumes the energy cost of casting enthrall for each enemy affected, and instantly cancels Danse Macabre

2: ....actually I'm okay with his 2.

3: Would be great if, when cast alone (ie NOT during Danse Macabre) it dealt a significant amount of damage and healed for a percentage of THAT damage instead. Maybe throw in a short stagger or knock down when cast alone as well. Casting during Danse Macabre, no change from how it currently is.

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Danielle:

Inhalt unsichtbar machen
  • Fixed issue with the Zylok that could unload the entire clip at once.

Note on Revenant:
We continue to closely monitor feedback channels on Revenant and will continue to do so over the long weekend. Thank you! 

A: That issue would actually make for an interesting alt fire if there is no added recoil.

B: Please Monitor REALLY close!!

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed Mag’s Crush FX and animation timing. We continue to closely monitor feedback channels on Revenant and will continue to do so over the long weekend. Thank you! 

What do you mean about *long* weekend?

1 hour ago, BionicLuke said:

Couldn't we get more fire rate and less damage on the Zylok instead? It felt so clunky to use even with lethal torrent equipped and now it's going to be even worse...

Edit: the stats are unchanged in-game for me 🤔

No, 'cause that'd feel like S#&$ for a hand cannon. It's fine as it as for an MR6 weapon.

il y a 42 minutes, An8rchy a dit :

So you give us a ok-ish slow duplex pistol that doesnt reach 100% status b4 ms

And u decrease fire rate and give it more recoil instead of speeding the finniky spin pause between shots ?
Why ? rather have the old version at least i can semi fast

Edit: For a Reward... its kinda weak sauce imo, Why no Brakk Wraith... Everyone would love Brakk Wraith 

You could probably get it with a riven.. But I agree with you. It would have been nice to get 30% base status Or Brakk Wraith. I recently forma'd Brakk and it is a really a outdated weapon.  For a weapon kinda hard to acquire (i wasnt there that much when raids were there), it was underwhelming

1 hour ago, --Q--Daddy said:

Hope you guys are still monitoring Revenant. The nerf to his 4 was a little bit too much!

P.S. Please fix the login issues 😞

They said they were monitoring Revenant in the above post:

Note on Revenant:
We continue to closely monitor feedback channels on Revenant and will continue to do so over the long weekend. Thank you! 

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hide contents
  • Missed notes from last night's Hotfix for Zylok changes that were intended for its release with 23.6.0:
    • Increased Puncture damage to 16.8 
    • Increased Slash damage to 78.4
    • Increased Impact damage to 4.8
    • Decreased Fire Rate and increased recoil to compensate for additional damage
    • Fixed Trigger Type in Arsenal being incorrectly listed as “Semi” instead of “Duplex” 

Uh, the weapon's dps was nearly cut in half even with the increased damage, and now it has excessive recoil to boot. It could really stand to be a lot better given it's an event weapon. At least knock that recoil down and give it 2.5 fire rate, please.

13 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

You could probably get it with a riven.. But I agree with you. It would have been nice to get 30% base status Or Brakk Wraith. I recently forma'd Brakk and it is a really a outdated weapon.  For a weapon kinda hard to acquire (i wasnt there that much when raids were there), it was underwhelming

100% status doesn't matter on non-shotguns (see Akstiletto Prime). Even if it had 30% status you wouldn't use more than 2 60% mods, especially with it being largely slash and very slow firing - no reason to dilute the procs you want with extra elements or lose mods slots that could be use for more damage.

The Zylok is my beautiful child, stop hurting it. The complaints it was getting were that it was weak and fired too slow so you barely touch the damage and slow it down more?! This isn't even a broken weapon why can't it be nice to look at AND nice to use?

il y a 25 minutes, Zeljko89 a dit :

well its not true if you have 7 formas or 6 on them yes:thumbup:

You don't need so many formas on any frame, tbh... pretending seriously otherwise would just prove everyone you're either incompetent or plain lying just for the drama.

And all those frame are useful, and most of them only need a pair, sometime only one, forma to get about any build you could want on it.

Also, all those frame are strong in their own ways, and even if you only think about dps/kills, that's at least half of your list that has to be redacted if you want to at least sound remotely plausible...

Still no fix for the Simaris daily target not appearing (for me at least) since the 23.6 update, making the completion of the event impossible while I've sunk plats in rushing the construction material... that was a costly event, thanks.

Archived