Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login issues post-Hotfix 23.6.2 (KNOWN)

FierceRadiance

Ever since the update, I've had complete disconnect from missions after 10 minutes or so of logging in. Get little "network error" every so often then bam! It freezes and kicks me out of missions. I've uninstalled, restarted, uninstalled discord (someone said it was the discord overlay that caused this, nope!). Everything was working fine til the update. Still can't play for more than 10 or 20 minutes. Feelsbadman.

It is kinda frustraiting, it's been a few updates since I started getting strange hanging in Warframe for like 10-20+ seconds. Obviously by the time my game finally decides to stop doing nothing I've been unresponsive long enough that the host has dropped me. So I get the fun experience of sitting there waiting for the inevitable HOST MIGRATION that will pop up in about 3....2.....1..... sometimes it loads me back to my orbiter sometimes it just sits in loading limbo until I Alt+F4 

Other times things are absolutely fine. 

I'm somewhat inclined to believe it probably isn't specific hardware failure as I've scanned everything from the harddrives to the ram and nothing has returned anything out of whack. Replaced the graphics drivers which didn't help. And it isn't like it's anything else on my system hanging, it's just Warframe. EG I'm usually watching/listening to Twitich in the background on my second screen, that never flinches. I can still access everything else on my computer while Warframe is busy doing nothing. 

I still haven't completely ruled out hardware as an issue, cause sometimes it is something on my side like a flakey ISP or what have you but Warframe seems to have developed a persistent issue that goes above and beyond the occasional unexpected strangeness. 

Edit: I have noticed as well that every once and a while when I get to the host migration phase it isn't just me it's also two of the other people in my previous group. 

Edit:Edit:

I also sorta recall reading a PC Bugs thread that sounded like it had similar symptoms. With the freezing etc and they had noted that whenever they where freezing it was apparently during a period when they where trying to download a custom clan emblem from Warframe. 

Given that at one point (possibly still is) the Admiral Bahroo forums avatar was unreasonably gigantic EG it was like 9000x9000 and something like 4.5megs. Which makes me sorta wonder if some clan emblem ended up getting the same treatment where instead of being shrunk down to a reasonable size it's floating around the custom assets servers as a gigantic file that is hanging people trying to download it via servers that weren't really configured to push files of that size. 

Edited by Oreades

Can we please get an update to this? I am still hearing people in our clan are having issues logging in.

Also, there is a general network instability as well as because I have been getting "network not responding" messages a ton. I can still play, but the game can hang for a sec in missions. Getting out of arsenal can hang longer if the network has a hiccup at that moment.

Relay servers are a mess at the moment; there is a nasty program freeze after you get to any relay (or relay-like) instance for a few seconds which I hear has a possibility to crash games.

All of these issues came around the same time.

46 minutes ago, Ace_Kayo said:

Relay servers are a mess at the moment; there is a nasty program freeze after you get to any relay (or relay-like) instance for a few seconds which I hear has a possibility to crash games.

It isn't so much that it's crashing the game tho I guess it could cause a crash, more that your game has been unresponsive long enough that the Relay/P2P host has kicked you out.

Which is really irritation when it's the 4th+ time it's happened in a row when you're just trying to play the blasted Sorties. Other times it works without a hitch, so it's got to be something that the game is trying to load that's causing the issue and I don't think it's something to do with the users network per say. 

Because from my experience everything else will be completely fine, it's just Warframe that's hanging. Network is still up and chugging the rest of the computer is alert and responsive. 

I'm really a fan of the clan emblem angle or I guess it could be some cosmetic? Because loading into the same map will either result in a hang or will be perfectly fine and the only thing that's changed are the people I'm loading in with and the only thing that I wouldn't have access to natively would be the clan/alliance logo and maybe Riven stats. 

But whatever it is, clearly it's failing and it's not failing gracefully. 

Edited by Oreades