Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do WF players avoid PvP

(PSN)Elixz8247

Simple. The game is PvE focused and a vast majority of the playerbase is not here for PvP and usually dislike the randomness of parkour combat within each mode. Player to player connections are also an issue.

Edited by Voltage

I dont like it mostly just my taste since its mostly a pve game the pvp felt tossed in as a gimmick and it doesn't really give anything in return that i want and that i cant just get from trading 

i only played the conclave events personally my experience is people really try hard  at it and not in the good fun way in the cheesy you dont get to have fun way

if the snow ball fight event came back and removed the melee weapon id might play it more even then to be its pointless just a tossed in gimmick on the side of the over all thing that no one really plays

Edited by seprent

It's just not what we're here for. It's kinda decent now, but it was added as an afterthought into a game that had been exclusively co-op for years, and which is advertised as co-op with no mention of PvP, and the PvP doesn't affect PvE, while PvE play is necessary to acquire things for use in PvP even if all you wanted to do was PvP...

And the game itself works differently in PvP (warframe abilities do different things, everything has different stats, many weapons handle differently and have different effects, and there's basically no mod overlap), so you can't even really use the knowledge and skills you've accumulated through PvE.

Warframe's primary appeal is just not very compatible with Conclave, really. IMO, Conclave will never be popular unless it is converted to a more-or-less standalone game, and actually marketed to people who would want to play it.

EDIT: Also? Lag.

Edited by AgentSkye

For me it's too stressful to constanly worry about energy and have to run to pick it up as opposed to cod where u have what u need on spawn (and get spawn killed >_>)

Plus some builds wont work since your starting energy is too low.

Maybe a PVE like PVP is in order. We just fight acolytes or other commander type enemies that move around like us. That I would play, 

Also theres no rewards worth getting. 

I stopped after getting that electrified diamond (oro?) Which is a point for a kill.

Pretty cool looking tho 😛

Edited by (PS4)sealed_jsword1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sealed_jsword1 said:

Maybe a PVE like PVP is in order. We just fight acolytes or other commander type enemies that move around like us. That I would play

So, Rathuum and Index, but better?

Edited by AgentSkye
Snipped quote a bit.

Reasons I don't play PvP:

1. PvE grind for PvP items. I'm too busy mindlessly killing enemies who can barely fight back to get items to actually sit back and enjoy PvP. If, on the other hand, I can farm orokin cells by playing PvP, I'm sorry but screw Saturn and Ceres forever, I'm playing PvP and PvP only. I hate Saturn and Ceres now.

2. It's not complete. I've finally decided on this opinion after returning to some other PvP games and realizing what the missing things are. As a game, Warframe's PvP is incomplete. It has stupidly high potential, but it's just not finished. We're missing getting hit sounds, areas to try to fight over, powerups (since it's most like an arena shooter really), tactical depth from the ability to easily evaluate what kind of opponent you're facing and then if to engage or to run, better music (Rathuum rock please), clearer enemy weapons fire directions (for some hitscan weapons, the tracers are just insufficient), and basically everything not mechanical skill based in the end. I also think the maps may be far too big, resulting in combat ranges that are 5-10x more than is typical in PvE, but this is iffy.

Reasons I do play PvP:

1. Fast paced, challenging combat is great. The mechanical skill ceiling for this mode is phenomenal, and honestly it's a lot of fun. It's just... not complete. Trapped in the same vicious cycle as Archwing and Operator combat in terms of not being polished and really done yet, and so getting hate, and so not getting enough attention.

--

As for Lunaro, I think its problem is that its skill gap makes the rest of Conclave look like a cakewalk. A single skilled player can curbstomp players without players even knowing WTF is going on. Dribbling is an incredible skill, but also one that multiplies the skill gap. Same with unstable shots and whatnot. It seems easier for someone to attack (well, score) than to defend, when I'd prefer it to be the other way around. Combine with problem number 1. 

--

I've warned against proposing new modes in PvP before, since we need more people in PvP before we can have new modes, but I'm just going to go ahead and voice my support for an inclusion of an arena shooter style, pick weapons off the ground mode. That'd at least bypass problem number 1 for players who actually want to play PvP and PvP first and foremost.

Edited by DarkwarriorJ

23 minutes ago, DarkwarriorJ said:

Reasons I don't play PvP:

1. PvE grind for PvP items. I'm too busy mindlessly killing enemies who can barely fight back to get items to actually sit back and enjoy PvP. If, on the other hand, I can farm orokin cells by playing PvP, I'm sorry but screw Saturn and Ceres forever, I'm playing PvP and PvP only. I hate Saturn and Ceres now.

2. It's not complete. I've finally decided on this opinion after returning to some other PvP games and realizing what the missing things are. As a game, Warframe's PvP is incomplete. It has stupidly high potential, but it's just not finished. We're missing getting hit sounds, areas to try to fight over, powerups (since it's most like an arena shooter really), tactical depth from the ability to easily evaluate what kind of opponent you're facing and then if to engage or to run, better music (Rathuum rock please), clearer enemy weapons fire directions (for some hitscan weapons, the tracers are just insufficient), and basically everything not mechanical skill based in the end. I also think the maps may be far too big, resulting in combat ranges that are 5-10x more than is typical in PvE, but this is iffy.

Reasons I do play PvP:

1. Fast paced, challenging combat is great. The mechanical skill ceiling for this mode is phenomenal, and honestly it's a lot of fun. It's just... not complete. Trapped in the same vicious cycle as Archwing and Operator combat in terms of not being polished and really done yet, and so getting hate, and so not getting enough attention.

--

As for Lunaro, I think its problem is that its skill gap makes the rest of Conclave look like a cakewalk. A single skilled player can curbstomp players without players even knowing WTF is going on. Dribbling is an incredible skill, but also one that multiplies the skill gap. Same with unstable shots and whatnot. It seems easier for someone to attack (well, score) than to defend, when I'd prefer it to be the other way around. Combine with problem number 1. 

--

I've warned against proposing new modes in PvP before, since we need more people in PvP before we can have new modes, but I'm just going to go ahead and voice my support for an inclusion of an arena shooter style, pick weapons off the ground mode. That'd at least bypass problem number 1 for players who actually want to play PvP and PvP first and foremost.

If you build it, they will come...

I'm totally down for resource rewards for pvp as in everyone gets a set ur random amount and placeholder rewards like relic stuff or idk unique weapons? Endless posibilities.

Again...make it, advertise, and build the playerbase. 

Edited by (PS4)sealed_jsword1

Because the game is first and foremost PvE. Conclave is just an added gamemode, like archwing, because the developers shrugged and said "sure, why not".

Considering that the market is full of fullblown PvP games, some of them really good, if I wanted to play PvP I would of course play one of those games, designed from the ground up to be PvP, instead of playing a half-baked addon mode in Warframe.