Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is up with this Grineer Mercury tile-set?

MysticDragonMage

uyhUwz1.jpg

this tile set appears on nearly every mercury mission i play and it has a very eerie feel to it.

once you find the tile-set on mercury, there are two mirrored rooms. one room elevates a grineer drill just as you enter the area. the console within the room is red.

cQSOV2h.jpg

the other room is missing a drill and the console has a completely different monitor, though i'm sure this is just a hack-able monitor. for this room, you can take the elevator down to an underground area.

E9PlDj9.jpg

another way to enter this area is to jump over the fence that barely reveals the room (but with that said, i do not recommend this method for the following reason).

KPXdH5a.jpg

upon entering the area, music just stops (most of the time). what takes over is environmental background noises, though im not sure all sounds are ones i've heard before. just beyond the elevator, you can see an unfortunate accident. a grineer soldier has been crushed by his own machine, which explains why the fourth drill had not been elevated. a crane is broken just above and you can see the rest of the cord on the ground. past that is a platform holding multiple lockers and chests (LOOT!!). but, you can go even past the platform. upon following some rail tracks, you encounter a large vault-like door.

LhyLJcS.jpg

follow a large tube and look down to see a red-orange abyss.

TgOLtbd.jpg

if you have taken a few moments to listen to the background noises, let me know what you think about these sounds.

i just think that the tile-set is extremely creepy. especially that intimidating vault door and the background noises.