The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DE]kickbot sanctions should apply to the forums as well

Joe_Barbarian

18 hours ago, More-L said:

People have a right to complain about their ban (or even anything in-game) if they don't consider it justified or right, so long as they are civil when doing so. DE can choose to ignore these people like a terrible company, or take their issues into consideration like a good company. Considering DE has officially addressed this issue, the complaints about chat bans showed DE something needs to be done about it. 

I do not agree with in-game chat bans being followed up/ joined to forum bans unless the said player is unbelievably disrespectful and the ban had manual review.

This. I agree. 

Most of the time it's for relatively little things. Saying the Nezha thing or whatever else. Apparely, the Nezha thing really doesn't bother actual trans people and they don't mind being called it as it's more of an identifier than a curse word. 

Which is why it's weird it's a chat bannable offence. 

It should be:

- small kick for stupid stuff like maybe a joke too far with a small warning and reason.

- short term/long term (like we currently have) ban for saying the N word or offensive swearing with warning.

- and then, pending a manual investigation, a silence (not a ban, just stop them from commenting and posting, but they can read) on the forums, and a temporary ingame ban with a message of how long and the reason for very extreme stuff. The person being insanely racist, homophobic, xenophobic, slanderous and so on. Basically being a massive ¢o¢k

Edited by Arniox

That would make the forums less entertaining. I’d rather watch someone get stomped for complaining about how unfair it is they got a chat ban for dropping the n word than read another boring thread about how Nyx needs a buff or Saryn needs a nerf or they should implement dramatic system wide changes that will improve my personal experience

2 hours ago, xveganrox said:

That would make the forums less entertaining. I’d rather watch someone get stomped for complaining about how unfair it is they got a chat ban for dropping the n word than read another boring thread about how Nyx needs a buff or Saryn needs a nerf or they should implement dramatic system wide changes that will improve my personal experience

Yeah pretty much this.

Though the system you want OP is rather draconian.

In all honesty, KickBot Doesn't need to come to the Forums, We have (Forums) Community Moderators that are there to find and deal with the matters of which they cross paths with, alot of time and effort would be involved to bring the bot to scawer the forums looking for bad or triggered words, the forums is happy where it is.