The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your preferred all purposes frame?

(PSN)xtharbadx

Volt is a decent all-rounder,  and beginner friendly.  I'd consider him a good choice for any mission type, right beside Rhino,  Frost,  or Ember. 

That being said,  Titania is the go-to for me.  Her CC is horrible, and  her self buffs are atrocious, desperately needing work,  but her 4... She can outspeed any frame,  even Itzal,  with Razorwing Blitz,  and she can out-damage Mesa by miles.  Pop an energy pizza,  press 4, and go.  She excels in every mission type except for spy,  in which she has to drop out of her 4 to open doors and such too often.  Other than that,  she absolutely shreds in any level.  A little tricky to get used to her movement, though.  

Edited by Noibat

Oberon(prime) is my go to for unknowns these days. Used to be Trinity but Oberon allows for better gameplay flow. ...I miss Trinity.

As for weapons, I use my zaw (polearm grip), my Vaykor Marelok, annnnnd I don't really have a prefered primary. Maybe Arca Plasmor just for pure face-wrecking.

Probably frames that you can take into any type of mission because of their versatility. And of course that will be my boy Excalibur. Or I would go ninja style and choose Ash prime with Skiajati, Hikou prime and baza (real sneaky boi). Or Volt, he can speed through spies, does good dmg, and has defensive abilities such as the CC shock and shields.

As long as i have this loadout, i can take down 98% of the game.

Warframe: Harrow with Arcanes Aegis and Guardian (honestly i don't know why, i just can't stop, and i'm reaching 20% of usage with him)

Primary: Phantasma (aka BFG 9000)

Secondary: Knell (My signature crucifix, so i can ring the Death Knell over my enemies)

Melee: Any Dual Daggers (since i find them cool)

Sentinel: Djinn (because of Reawaken)

Sentinel Weapon: Sweeper Prime (Modded for explosion in order to get some Crowd Control)

Main items for Gear List: Ancient Healer + Oberon Equipped With Phantasma Specter + All Pads FTW

Focus School: Vazarin

Edited by NaoPerturbe

It seems that it really is all about personal preference, hence the sheer variety of answers.

Even if you could objectively use stat numbers which would say X is better/stronger, if the player feels more comfortable with Y then it won't make any difference what the data says.

I would say, from my personal experience, it is a mixture of things which determine my favourite(s).

It can be as (relatively) simple as the lore of the character, or their aesthetic appeal, but mostly it is about the power and usefulness of their "specials".

Why I liked Excalibur so much as a beginner, and why I still like him so much now (and I am still a noob, just not a 20 hours played, one frame at 30, beginner noob), is his Exalted Blade.

Especially now it can be upgraded separately, as a unique weapon, it adds to that feeling of power and it really does tear and slice through anything in the way, causing great blinding flashes of light induced mayhem.

I love It.

Edited by (PS4)RhinoCharging00

Limbo, equipped with the heaviest firepower I can give him that I still find fun, currently Phantasma.

CC and damage, you can't go wrong. Plus, I can modulate my power for the level of challenge. Most crumble before me anyway, but if they put up a fight? I can just remove them from existence anyway.

2 hours ago, 420-chan said:

Lol at all these kids saying anything other than Volt. Remember that a big portion of mission types in this game is just speedrunning content, so you're gimping yourself playing frames without speed into missions like Sabotage, Capture, Rescue and Assassinate. Oberon what? 

And what about endgame content? The meta composition for ESO is Volt Saryn Rhino Trinity, so that's good. Eidolons? The meta composition for Tridolon is Volt Chroma Harrow Trinity, so that's good too. Want to do endless survival, defense, or excavation? Volt is up there with Frost as the top defensive survival frames as his shield has infinite hp. 

Theres zero doubt that Volt is by far the most versatile frame in the game. What other frame can provide your team with speed, defensive shield, damage buff, as well as having a map-wide wipe or crowd control? 

The problem is why we need Volt for all of that?

Inaros since I can go into anything up to sorties or ESO and not worry about dying...ever.. at all.

Loadout is usually Amprex, Akstilleto Prime and either a covert lethality dagger zaw or Skiajati. Lately I've been experimenting with the Hirudo and I'm quite liking it so I might take that as a main melee

Nova Prime. Zenurik.  Quick Thinking, on her energy pool, is partial immortality.  Combined with her seldom-used first ability for 90% raw damage reduction to her health pool.  And the ability to slow the entire map to 1/4th its normal speed, simultaneously making it take double damage.  The number of enemies not affected by her 4 can be counted on one hand.  Virtually every boss in the game bites it.

Primary?  Tigris Prime.  There are very few things that won't be annihilated by that gun.  And one shot into Nova's 2 can wipe a 30m diameter of all trash mobs and most not-trash mobs, dealing something like 50,000 pure rad damage.

Secondary?  A stripper.  Of armor.  And/or a shredder.  Twin Kohmak, Synoid Gammacor, Euphona Prime (secondary fire turns off armor, and atomizes at point blank range, and knocks large groups of fools onto the floor at far range).

Melee? Two choices.  Stacking a boatload of status with secondary makes Glaive Prime with Condition Overload a hellspawned monster, or if you already think you have enough damage at this point and want some utility, Jat Kittag scales better than most, and is capable of making everything around you leave.

The only three places DE has yet invented where this setup won't excel are: archwing, eidolons, and any place where you want trash mobs flooding in faster (low end survival, or defense to speed up the waves, in either case Speedva has got your back).

Edited by Epsilon_Knight

This is gonna sound really 'omg lol ez mode' of me, but it's Rhino Prime for me without a doubt. He's been my main man and preferred all-purpose frame for a looong time now, and I've never regretted it once. Offense, Defense, and CC, all in one neat warframe. There are only three real disadvantages I see with him, all of which I can live with personally. First is that he has really mediocre mobility (unless you mod for it). Second is that he practically needs all stats (range, efficiency, duration, etc), so modding him can be quite a quest. Finally is that he is a prime example of 'jack of all trades', seeing as he can do a whole lot, but he's not really specialized at anything.

After him though, Valkyr Prime, Nidus, Inaros, Nyx, Nekros and Excalibur are super fun too. Though I tend to switch between them more, while Rhino Prime is one I always switch back to.

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

2 hours ago, (PS4)RhinoCharging00 said:

It seems that it really is all about personal preference, hence the sheer variety of answers.

Even if you could objectively use stat numbers which would say X is better/stronger, if the player feels more comfortable with Y then it won't make any difference what the data says.

Absolutely! The quick summary I can take from the replies is exactly this - a lot of variety.

One conclusion I would make from all this is also that, in general, DE made a pretty decent job balancing things out, otherwise there would be no such variety when people have to pick what to bring to the unknown.

Loving the comments so far, also some pretty cool ideas to play with!