Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rad - The Nuclear Frame

(PSN)CrazyBunnyPros

Rad - A frame that utilizing atomic power to strike down his foes. If his power alone cannot bring them down, the lasting radiation damage just might.
Description - Rad is a very clean frame, with a sleek and refined structure, and covered in thick armor plating. (I will make a sketch as soon as possible)

Stats
Health - 50 to 150
Shield - 50 to 150
Energy - 86 to 260
Armor - 600
Sprint - 0.95

Abilities
Passive: Half Life - Rad takes 50% damage from enemies under the effect of a radiation proc.
Ability 1: Gammaized Ammunition - Channeling ability. Causes your weapons to fire through obstacles such as walls or other enemies. Deals radiation damage on headshots.
Ability 2: Cold Fusion - Channeling ability. Nearby enemies become slowed down while under the effects of a radiation proc.
Ability 3: Structural instability - Channeling ability. Nearby allies gain bonus radiation damage at the cost of slightly reduced armor for Rad. Enemies under the effect of a radiation proc will deal bonus damage to other enemies.
Ability 4: Core Implosion - Channeling ability. Rad’s armor slowly depletes, buffing movement speed while an aura of radiation begins to emit around Rad, growing in intensity as armor drops. At 0 armor, Rad will achieve maximum damage and range. Speed buff raises with how much armor is being depleted, and will slowly lower to normal when the ability is ended and armor fully recovers.

Stats for abilities will not be provided in order to keep things with in reasonably imaginable levels. If DE picks up this concept, they'll be setting the stats as they see fit. I have high hopes for this concept, and I'm eager to hear the thoughts of the community. I will begin working on more artwork as soon as I can, such as alternate helmets or more polished designs.

Ectlks3.jpg

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBunnyPros
Added rough concept art, ability name change

5 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I don't think you know what channeling means. Think Banshee ult, you can't move, you can't shoot guns, you can't do anything really until you cancel the ability.

Exalted blade is a channeling ability, Wukong's defy is a channeling ability, any exalted weapon is a channeling ability. I'm sorry, but I think you don't know what channeling means. It's just an ability that takes energy over time.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBunnyPros said:

Exalted blade is a channeling ability, Wukong's defy is a channeling ability, any exalted weapon is a channeling ability. I'm sorry, but I think you don't know what channeling means. It's just an ability that takes energy over time.

Having double-checked, you are right. I was wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2018-09-23 at 5:04 PM, LOD07 said:

I really like the entire concept of this. But the fourth ability seems to make him very a easy target for long range enemies. Don't you think

Indeed it does, which may limit his effectiveness in open areas, so he may need a high level of range. Luckily the ability doesn't hinder movement. Alternative suggestions are also welcome

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBunnyPros

On 2018-09-24 at 4:24 AM, Sc10n0fD4rksp0r3 said:

Nuclear-themed warframe named Rad?

You could call it Radium, which is that element they use to us in the glow int he dark green paint and in clocks. could very easy be a tie in with corpus being after cybernetic stuff.

On 2018-09-01 at 11:08 AM, (PS4)CrazyBunnyPros said:

Ability 1: Gammaized Ammunition - Channeling ability. Causes your weapons to fire through obstacles such as walls or other enemies. Deals radiation damage on headshots.

This is punch through, so id recommend changing the ability to this:

Ability 1: Gamma Pulse (or Depleted Ammunition) - Channeling Ability. Warframe charges up to release a radioactive pulse that infuses ammunition with pyrophoric properties: Shots have additional a/b/c/d punch through for the duration of the buff. This buff applies to allies within a/b/c/d range & while Enemies with in range receive a radiation proc instead. Headshots have a chance to proc confusion (the radiation damage mechanic)

In Conclave this would proc a radiation on enemy tenno caught in range and have a chance to proc it on headshots.

Reasoning: Uranium is "pyrophoric" which causes it to turn into a vapor upon impact so the projectile stays sharp, this is why "tank buster" weapons use depleted uranium. Punch Through isn't really buffed anywhere by any warframes (i can think of), theres like 7 mods for it

Passive: Half Life - Rad takes 50% damage from enemies under the effect of a radiation proc.

I honestly dont know of any NPCs that deal radiation damage. however looking at the wiki Lancer Dregs and lasers are what have radiation damage so this is highly under utilized damage type versus tenno. However in the theme of radiation and a reactor:

Passive: Faulty Sheilding -  As warframes shields lower damage output is slowly converted over to Radiation damage
                                     -or- Energy regeneration increases as the shields of warframe lower

Edited by Dabnician

On 2018-10-25 at 4:53 PM, Dabnician said:

Ability 1: Gamma Pulse (or Depleted Ammunition) - Channeling Ability. Warframe charges up to release a radioactive pulse that infuses ammunition with pyrophoric properties: Shots have additional a/b/c/d punch through for the duration of the buff. This buff applies to allies within a/b/c/d range & while Enemies with in range receive a radiation proc instead. Headshots have a chance to proc confusion (the radiation damage mechanic)

This is great! The more technical first ability feels a lot more appropriate, as well as the name options being easier overall to pronounce.

It does seem though that there was something you missed from the passive ability. It's not that he takes less radiation damage from enemies, it's that enemies that are suffering from a radiation proc deal 50% damage to him.

On 2018-09-02 at 1:08 AM, (PS4)CrazyBunnyPros said:

Energy - 86 to 260

86, really (i know that's the periodic number for Radon)

The main problem i see with this frame is that all it's abilities are;

1. channeling. This is a problem because channeling abilities PREVENT ENERGY REGENERATION from all forms except picking up energy orbs. Meaning you will not be able to sustain your abilities.

Consider making the first Gamma Pulse (the suggested version) be castable; 25 base energy cost and gives a buff with a base duration of 20s. Similarly make the 2nd ability a castable ability but with decent-to-large range to compensate.

2. relying on radiation on enemies. Now normally this mechanic would be so bad, BUT, some skills NEED rad procs to be used, i.e. the 2nd ability. Instead make it that abilities work on all enemies like normal BUT then have additional effects on enemies with procs.

Example: Cold Fusion; all enemies in a radius around you (affected by range) are slowed by X amount (affected by power strength) for Y time (affected by duration). Enemies with effected by radiation procs with take Z cold damage per tick (affected by strength).

Another solution is to make the passive have 2 effects; first reduce damage from enemies affected by rad procs in half; second is that enemies that hit you have a 50% chance to be effected by a rad proc.

Also another change is to Core Implosion; In addition to what you have; If you die whilst under the affects of this ability or recast the ability; revive at 50% health (if recasted then health becomes 50% of current health) and deal X amount (affected by power strength) of damage multiplied by the amount of armor lost split 50-50 between blast and radiation damage in Y radius around you (affected by range). Also enemies under a rad proc will take 2x damage (NOT affected by strength). This way you are actually rewarded for losing armor when surrounded by enemies and gives you a bit more survivability. (also 50% health = half-life).

Overall, interesting concept but still needs work; keep it up.

I think instead of channeling you might actually mean power-up sorta like hydroids 4th and 1st.

17 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBunnyPros said:

it's that enemies that are suffering from a radiation proc deal 50% damage to him

The only issue is they don't really attack you while proc' d and if, maybe tie shields level to dealing supplemental radiation damage. (Ie my shields stop radiation from leaking from the warframe.)

Ability 2: Cold Fusion - Channeling ability. Nearby enemies become slowed down while under the effects of a radiation proc.

Id also suggest making this a cast ability its basivally a snow globe minus the shield, power up to cast with range effected by power up and then suggest tieing this to 1: so slowed enemy's "will" proc confusion when hit by a player under the influence of 1.

Ability 3: Structural instability - Channeling ability. Nearby allies gain bonus radiation damage at the cost of slightly reduced armor for Rad. Enemies under the effect of a radiation proc will deal bonus damage to other enemies.

So thinking about this a bit id suggest the following:

rename this to something like "disable safeguard" and have it be: Activating the ability sacrifices shields and enables a aura allowing leakage of radiation causing premature failure in enemy units armor (like corrosive projection). Stacks with corrosive projection. Activates suggested passive of no shields means I have chance to deal confusion proc.

Ability 4: Core Implosion - Channeling ability. Rad’s armor slowly depletes, buffing movement speed while an aura of radiation begins to emit around Rad, growing in intensity as armor drops. At 0 armor, Rad will achieve maximum damage and range. Speed buff raises with how much armor is being depleted, and will slowly lower to normal when the ability is ended and armor fully recovers.

So honestly a mobile battery might be counter to fast moment, plus a lot of what I suggest are aura or range area effects so speed buffs would make this pretty OP. I'd really suggest thinking about the theme and how this sort of tech would be slow and heavily shielded id suggest a core implosion be more like banshees quake or embers accelerant  

"Warframe roots it self in place and channels energy into its core causing an overload, the result is a spectacular explosion upon the release of energy by built in safety systems. Allies with in range are restored some energy with in area of effect, surviving enemies suffer reduce armor(one or more corrosive proc effect)"

You could tie lowering armor into automatic vents that open in unsafe conditions exposing the core.

This is your real channeling ability that blocks regen. 

Edited by Dabnician