Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Weapon Category: Archwing Weapons

(PSN)LoisGordils

В 02.09.2018 в 09:07, (PS4)LoisGordils сказал:

sort of balance for the high damage these guns bring

Exept that at this point they 95% of them are terrible and treir damage/mods sucks compare to normal guns...on the other hand infinite ammo....give me arc version of supra

В 02.09.2018 в 09:07, (PS4)LoisGordils сказал:

For Archguns, make a special, rarer ammo drop. This will entice careful management of your reserves. For Archmelee, a stamina bar?

No-no and NO! That would ruing everythnig! arch guns would probably take your primary and secondary slot + DE said, that you cant melee, while wielding heavy gun. Same stuff for arch melee..if it even came out after melee 3.0

20 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Except that at this point they 95% of them are terrible and treir damage/mods sucks compare to normal guns...on the other hand infinite ammo....give me arc version of supra

No-no and NO! That would ruing everythnig! arch guns would probably take your primary and secondary slot + DE said, that you cant melee, while wielding heavy gun. Same stuff for arch melee..if it even came out after melee 3.0

i can't believe i'm saying this but i agree with the second part of this. removing the ammo recharge on ground arch guns would ruin the identity and utility of the guns.

examples being the flux rifle(which became rather powerful after the balance pass) and cycron(not powerful, but a status monster when paired with glaive prime....or any glaive with high status)

for the record on your first part though: fluctus has 257m(give or take....) of punch through. and is considered the strongest arch gun. that trait alone would make it great if we were to ignore the mods it would have(and even in this scenario, on the fluctus or grattler, those mods provide enough oomf to make the weapons usable in the entire star chart.)

on the topic of the mods....since we're getting the arch guns(lets call em ground guns in this case) i think it'd be nice if we could use normal primary mods on them.

grattler/fluctus with hunter munitions anyone?

2 часа назад, (XB1)Orcus Imperium сказал:

on the topic of the mods....since we're getting the arch guns(lets call em ground guns in this case) i think it'd be nice if we could use normal primary mods on them.

grattler/fluctus with hunter munitions anyone?

Simple and effective solution that will fix 2 problems at the same time: 1) no need to buff and create arch mods. 2) arch guns would become much better with primary weapon mods

Seeing as the devs will, at some point, be introducing a heavy weapon category, this would be a great opportunity to give the ranged Archwing weapons some much needed polish...and perhaps some revising.Two weapons in particular come to mind...

Phaedra: Honestly, This should be more accurate at long range and more crit focused than it is. Also,better firing sfx would be greatly appreciated.

Grattler: This needs far better range than it has at present. To compensate, I'd lower the accuracy and crit chance: This should be a weapon that kills by filling the area in front of it with lots of HE, high impact projectiles. Why Impact? This is Grineer Tech...and Grineer fight shielded enemies for the most part.

Also, on the topic of heavy weapons...a real minigun? Please?

17 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

THIS! So much this!

as stated by 2 ppl here, the one thing that would make arch guns and archwing related stuff in general better is if we could use conventional mods on them.  imagine the elytron with prime continuity, vitality, steel fiber, umbral intensify, the archwing efficiency mod and stretch.

or imagine any arch gun with a normal primary weapon mods.

or any arch melee with a condition overload build.

i personally feel that if we could use any of the conventional mods on archwing stuff, the archwings would be much more capable and players would be much more willing to use them

11 hours ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

as stated by 2 ppl here, the one thing that would make arch guns and archwing related stuff in general better is if we could use conventional mods on them.  imagine the elytron with prime continuity, vitality, steel fiber, umbral intensify, the archwing efficiency mod and stretch.

or imagine any arch gun with a normal primary weapon mods.

or any arch melee with a condition overload build.

i personally feel that if we could use any of the conventional mods on archwing stuff, the archwings would be much more capable and players would be much more willing to use them

The problem with allowing Archwing gear at all to use standard mods (well, non-archwing mods) would be the massive power creep that would begin, especially once the Archguns hit the normal modes as per many people have said in the past - Archwing stats are massively inflated to compensate for the sub-par mods they have available to them. Although I can agree to the fact that the mod selection in Archwing is far too limited right now with there being no mods to fix some issues some Archguns/melee have such as ammo regen rate, range, punch through and accuracy.

On 2018-09-29 at 8:11 PM, NoLazyShadow said:

Exept that at this point they 95% of them are terrible and treir damage/mods sucks compare to normal guns...on the other hand infinite ammo....give me arc version of supra

I think the whole ammo thing with Archguns would be rather off putting since some Archguns are balanced around their sustained DPS (Imperator Vandal, Decurions, Phaedra) and would in turn make them obselete if they were given legitimate ammo pools to feed off, even if the pool was massive enough.

20 часов назад, boo425 сказал:

I think the whole ammo thing with Archguns would be rather off putting since some Archguns are balanced around their sustained DPS (Imperator Vandal, Decurions, Phaedra) and would in turn make them obselete if they were given legitimate ammo pools to feed off, even if the pool was massive enough.

infinite ammo(as was shown on stream) is a good option,

I suppose allow the option to air-drop "arch gun" or "heavy weapon" into mission as air support.

The "arch gun" is kind of like a Data Mass/ Battery pack. Which you need to pick up and press X to deploy, 

when "deployed" the "arch gun" will limit you from jumping, while you can still move but not sprint around.

pressing F while "arch gun" is deployed will drop the "arch gun" on the floor, which you need to pick up like a data mass 
to move it around. In undeployed state the warframe is granted full mobility, but player transporting the gun will be limited to secondary weapon
while carrying.

Alternatively is allow expendable gear like restores, to deploy it directly with gear slot key
as opposed to needing air support (tied to landing craft currently)

But given the sorry state of current arch gun mods, even with regenerative ammo pool, I see not justification to pick an Imperator 
when a Stradavar, Tenora or Soma Prime would have deal more damage.

I suppose the "heavy weapons" should be a new category of weapons that uses primary weapon mods instead of arch gun mods.
while performance wise it is a "force multiplier" as opposed to being balanced within current weapon tier.

One suggested feature of "Arch Gun"

Vectis's damage value, crit chance, crit multiplier etc.
Capacity of 500 rounds, 5000 rounds spare ammo
Cyclic rate of 600 - 800 rounds a minute (Karak)
Recoil of a Braton (low recoil)
Innate punch through of 5m

This mean basically a full auto Vectis capable of mowing down heavy enemies, 
it is usually not used on quick run, but more of strategical deployment when a team can choose to bring out
their big guns to hold off key points in a map.

Players will still be able to equip normal primary weapon.

This might mean on sustained fire fight you could rely on Carrier's vacuum and ammo case to keep up the ammo pool
or using Ammo Restores much like conventional machine guns needing supply of ammo.

Another option is heavy cannon type weapon that could obliterate enemy vehicles or wipe out entire unit with ease.
These weapons might make taking down enemy occupied territory on Plains of Eidolon easier.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG