The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this perhaps the strongest Revenant build?

Stormandreas

So I've been doing everything I can to make Revenant as good as possible, and I came up with this. I like to call it the Danse and Dash

unknown.png

Some notes:
Both Arcanes should be maxed Energize
Use Zenurik with this build for extra energy regen
You only need 6 Forma to make this work, not 7. I made a mistake when designing this.

You might be wondering why there's Umbral mods on there. Well, I thought it would be funny to have Anti-Sentient mods on a Sentient Warframe, but it turned out to be insanely effective. Having Umbral Intensify (at rank 8 or higher), immediately is an improvement over normal Intensify, then adding Umbral Vitality not only gives you a boost in Strength (which has MUCH more use on Revenant than any other Warframe), but also a huge health boost.
I only just maxed Umbral Intensify, which gave me an extra 5% strength, however, that 5% ended up killing level 155 Heavy Gunners and Bombards about 2-3 seconds faster than before. Danse Macabre's damage is so high, that even small % values have a large amount of impact, vs other Warframes.

So this build is obviously built entierly around Danse Macabre (because why would you EVER use Enthral and Mesmer Skin right now?). This allows you to sit in Danse Macabre for 106 seconds (without intervention). However in a practical situation, you'll be moving around, picking up energy orbs etc. Not only that, you can use your Reave to stay mobile, as well as recover and and all health and shields, keeping you alive for a LONG period of time, not that you should need it for healing to much, as anything but snipers are as good as dead anywhere near you.

Now what if you run out of energy? No matter! You have Zenurik's Energizing Dash 5e/s and Energy Pulse's +50%e/s, Energy Siphons 0.6e/s, and, if proc.ed, Arcane Energize's 200 extra energy (if both proc).
This means you'll recover your energy within.... well seconds, so you don't go long without energy, and you'll be back in Danse Macabre in no time!

I'm going to be that guy and just say this:

You spent 7 Forma on a Warframe that DE says they're going to tweek over the coming weeks. Hopefully this build doesn't become useless, or if it does i hope 7 forma wasn't too expensive for you.

Edited by Rythiman

Used the same build (minus different arcanes) to solo mot.

Managed to get to 1h with him, tho the nully bug mainly hurt, but I also died cause there were a few times I didn't notice Mesmer Skin went down.

Also found an issue. Enthralling Ancient Healers is a double edged sword, while you get the damage reduction and status immunity within its aura range, so do your thralls. Which prevented me from properly being able to kill them a few times.

And I ran out of energy a few times too.

I should have also prob taken better weapons, the Phantasma ran out of ammo twice and my Mara Detron wasn't nearly as good against nullifiers as I thought it would be.

Sentinel was Shade too, should have prob taken Carrier. (Wanted to test how good shade was for survivability in his 4, fyi he  isn't)

I ended up with a very similar build, only replacing Primed Flow and Augur Message with Hunter Adrenaline and Rage; just so I don't need to rely on drops to generate energy whilst channelling. 

Here's a video of the build in action during the most recent sortie survival, for anyone interested.

Spoiler

Not to self-promote, but I can't really show you a video without showing you a video. 

Revenant's gameplay may not be the most inspired I've seen, but it's definitely different.

3 hours ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

No range, so no. Also no augur secrets. Duration isn't needed. 

You don't need range, Revenant is capable of hitting things about 40m away, albiet at less damage, but you can just dash towards them anyway, so range is completely negligible, and duration is needed for the energy efficiency. Keep the Duration above 100% and efficiency at 175% for MAX efficiency. This is literally the most optimally efficient setup for any toggle ability, unless you want to stack duration like mad.

I stopped at 195% str, 130% efficieny and near maxed out duration instead. Also using the 2 umbral mods.

I prefer the high duration because 1 Reave gets me across any map while still dancing. So it is kinda like taking the bus and deciding when to get off.

Range is the most pointless stat he can have, unless you somehow love spamming thralls.

5 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Do you even warframe my friend?

Duration doesn't affect his 4. I don't use his 1. It doesn't affect his 2 or 3 either. So yes. I warframe. MR21, 1000hours. My revenant build has more strength than this build, and I'm not even using umbral mods...Also, range does indeed affect his 4 despite what someone else said here

Edited by MrMysticalPotato

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I stopped at 195% str, 130% efficieny and near maxed out duration instead. Also using the 2 umbral mods.

I prefer the high duration because 1 Reave gets me across any map while still dancing. So it is kinda like taking the bus and deciding when to get off.

Range is the most pointless stat he can have, unless you somehow love spamming thralls.

Nope, it isn't It affects the damage range of his 4. Check your stats when you adjust range. Duration  is the most useless stat you can have unless you want to use thralls. Range doesn't affect thralls, except perhaps how far away you can use it, which I don't.

5 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

You don't need range, Revenant is capable of hitting things about 40m away, albiet at less damage, but you can just dash towards them anyway, so range is completely negligible, and duration is needed for the energy efficiency. Keep the Duration above 100% and efficiency at 175% for MAX efficiency. This is literally the most optimally efficient setup for any toggle ability, unless you want to stack duration like mad.

You do indeed need range for both his 2 and his 4. You should check how mods affect these abilities before posting false information. 

56 minutes ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

Nope, it isn't It affects the damage range of his 4. Check your stats when you adjust range. Duration  is the most useless stat you can have unless you want to use thralls. Range doesn't affect thralls, except perhaps how far away you can use it, which I don't.

I know it does, but there's no point doing it, because his 4 already has insane range.

Duration isn't the MOST useless stat. I guess you don't actually know how toggle abilities work. Revenents 4th is a toggle, it's affected by BOTH Duration and Efficiency to calculate the efficiency of the power over time. Having 175% efficiency does NOT mean you're as efficient as possible, UNLESS you have 100% or higher Duration.

58 minutes ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

You do indeed need range for both his 2 and his 4. You should check how mods affect these abilities before posting false information. 

You don't NEED range for either of those abilities, and I think you meant 3rd, not 2nd.

You should really check what information you're spouting because nothing of what I said is false. I never said that range DOESN'T affect said abilities, I said it's not needed. Get your facts straight. (For one, you seem to think Duration doesn't affect his 4th, which it does)

So you're MR21 with 1000 hours? So we're going to play that game? Not one I care for, but still that's cute, I'm MR25 with nearly 4k hours.

1 hour ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

1 hour ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

Just real quick, done a test here for you.

Here's Revenant with 175 Efficiency and over 100 Duration: (EDIT, I don't know why, but the forums insisted on doing a weird drop down spoiler list)

yZKcu6c.jpg

P48Htf1.png

And here's him with 175 Efficiency and 50 Duration:

t9P2GuY.jpg

TUss2Ls.png

So tell me, how is it that I'M the one posting false information. Also, heres the table for how Duration affects Efficiency for EVERY SINGLE TOGGLE ABILITY IN THE GAME:

kaQa6yz.png

Edited by Stormandreas

16 hours ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

But it doesnt effect the damage range. It effects the radius of his beams, that means the thickness of each individual beam. Aslong as that doesnt hit 0 the difference is damage is really nowhere to be see. We are talking about a beam thickness of 1/10th and 1/5th of a meter. It doesnt actually impact damage.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But it doesnt effect the damage range. It effects the radius of his beams, that means the thickness of each individual beam. Aslong as that doesnt hit 0 the difference is damage is really nowhere to be see. We are talking about a beam thickness of 1/10th and 1/5th of a meter. It doesnt actually impact damage.

I was always wondering why Danse Macabre had a 0.1m range. It doesn't explain it properly in the UI, so I thought it was just a bug. Interesting.

49 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

I was always wondering why Danse Macabre had a 0.1m range. It doesn't explain it properly in the UI, so I thought it was just a bug. Interesting.

The actual range is 50m no matter what mods you use. Pretty much like how it works with Mesa, range is set at 50m with no mods changing that, however range mods do effect other parts of the skill.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The actual range is 50m no matter what mods you use. Pretty much like how it works with Mesa, range is set at 50m with no mods changing that, however range mods do effect other parts of the skill.

Yea, that's what I thought. I suppose increasing the width of the lasers would help at the longer ranges, but it's still pretty pointless a stat for him

23 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

I know it does, but there's no point doing it, because his 4 already has insane range.

Duration isn't the MOST useless stat. I guess you don't actually know how toggle abilities work. Revenents 4th is a toggle, it's affected by BOTH Duration and Efficiency to calculate the efficiency of the power over time. Having 175% efficiency does NOT mean you're as efficient as possible, UNLESS you have 100% or higher Duration.

You don't NEED range for either of those abilities, and I think you meant 3rd, not 2nd.

You should really check what information you're spouting because nothing of what I said is false. I never said that range DOESN'T affect said abilities, I said it's not needed. Get your facts straight. (For one, you seem to think Duration doesn't affect his 4th, which it does)

So you're MR21 with 1000 hours? So we're going to play that game? Not one I care for, but still that's cute, I'm MR25 with nearly 4k hours.

I checked and indeed some of what you said is true, however his 4 doesn't seem to be affected by duration OVER 100%, ie over 100% you don't get a lower energy drain. At least not with 175% efficiency.

You do need range for his 2, it affects how far away enemies get stunned. I tested that. His 3 is affected by duration, I was wrong about that.

Anyway my build works really well, with 224% strength, 175% efficiency, 145% range and 100% duration ( I'm not in game so I could be off with the strength and range but it's thereabouts). 

I do understand how channeling ablities work with duration, I'm not a complete idiot. However I realise I was wrong about some stuff here. Lesson learned 🙂

I didn't realise that range on his 4 was only affecting the beam radius. I wondered why the numbers were so small, lol. I stand corrected, again.

As for the MR/Hours played, I wasn't trying to measure e-penises, I don't care for that 😄 I was simply trying to say that I'm not a complete noob.

Apologies for coming across like a dimwit.

Edited by MrMysticalPotato

21 hours ago, MrMysticalPotato said:

I checked and indeed some of what you said is true, however his 4 doesn't seem to be affected by duration OVER 100%, ie over 100% you don't get a lower energy drain. At least not with 175% efficiency.

You do need range for his 2, it affects how far away enemies get stunned. I tested that. His 3 is affected by duration, I was wrong about that.

Anyway my build works really well, with 224% strength, 175% efficiency, 145% range and 100% duration ( I'm not in game so I could be off with the strength and range but it's thereabouts). 

I do understand how channeling ablities work with duration, I'm not a complete idiot. However I realise I was wrong about some stuff here. Lesson learned 🙂

I didn't realise that range on his 4 was only affecting the beam radius. I wondered why the numbers were so small, lol. I stand corrected, again.

As for the MR/Hours played, I wasn't trying to measure e-penises, I don't care for that 😄 I was simply trying to say that I'm not a complete noob.

Apologies for coming across like a dimwit.

I never said that it gets affected OVER 100 duration, I said you need over 100 Duration WITH 175 Efficiency to have maximum efficiency.

His 2 is not affected by range. I've also tested that, and it has no range limit, nor any range stat. Range is... well pretty bad on Revenant outside of spamming his 3 for health.

Next time, don't bring up MR and hours if you're not trying to showboat. Doesn't come across well