Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] The option to choose mod levels once they are maxed.

Serotonone

Could it be possible once we max out a mod 2 little arrows < > (or a - and a +) appear that lets us increase or decrease the rank at will individually per warframe/weapon? Say i need a r3 fleeting expertise on my nekros but a rank 5 on my rhino, or a rank 5 on my nova, having 3 different mods just feels inefficient and expensive... It would really help people keep the mod list clear and not have many variants of the same mod for each different scenario. It would also fix the problem with maxing mods by mistake only to realize that that's not always a good thing (say umbral mods/sacrificial mods).

If this is in the wrong category i apologize. Thanks for the good work and the awesome game DE.

Edited by Ryk_the_Wizard

Yeah this is something many of us would like and have even asked for in the past. 

I don't see a reason to restrict it to only when the mod is maxed though as it could be done so that it just allows us to go up to whatever rank it's been levelled to. 

Pretty sure it could actually reduce storage strain on the servers too because most of us would just keep one mod (except those used on sentinels... maybe change that too while doing this) instead of in some cases 5 mods (I've got a stretch mod at basically every rank for example). 

It could also benefit us when we're doing forma (assuming DE 'changed' the auto fill side of things) because instead of having to memorise out builds due to it resetting it could just reduce their levels so they fit within our allowance (obviously harder at lower levels). 

Obviously there is an endo and credit benefit for the player too but tbh that's not really the main issue here imo, it's more about 'flexibility' of our mods. 

3 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Search the existing forum threads please. This question was answered three years ago.

3 years ago? consider this a refresh button. Its a quality of life improvement that warframe really needs. Also DE can do complicated, the recent particle engine proved so. I think it's finally time to think for a way to make this a thing.

There is a couple of ways of doing it and here is my 2 bits on that: whenever you get 1 mod maxed (say a rank 5) under the hood you get all 6 variants r0 to r5 and whenever you select a level that variant gets selected just like actually having all 6 mods and the <> or -+ just cycles through the mod variants. All this needs is an interface rework since i can basically take any common mod and rank it to all ranks without a problem, i think this would be the easiest way. DE knows their game best so i'm sure they can brainstorm a better/the best option and if they put just 2 people to work on it and if it comes in 3-5 years i'd still be happy because we would eventually have it.

(as for trades you can only sell the mods at the max rank you got them, so if you get a mod to rank 5 out of 7 you can only sell that mod at rank 5, no more no less)

Edited by Ryk_the_Wizard

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yeah this is something many of us would like and have even asked for in the past. 

I don't see a reason to restrict it to only when the mod is maxed though as it could be done so that it just allows us to go up to whatever rank it's been levelled to. 

Pretty sure it could actually reduce storage strain on the servers too because most of us would just keep one mod (except those used on sentinels... maybe change that too while doing this) instead of in some cases 5 mods (I've got a stretch mod at basically every rank for example). 

It could also benefit us when we're doing forma (assuming DE 'changed' the auto fill side of things) because instead of having to memorise out builds due to it resetting it could just reduce their levels so they fit within our allowance (obviously harder at lower levels). 

Obviously there is an endo and credit benefit for the player too but tbh that's not really the main issue here imo, it's more about 'flexibility' of our mods. 

the restriction would make things easier for coding, lets be honest, we can compromise XD