The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros 4 too distracting.

Zetajezu

Hello,

As someone who unfortunately sometimes has to play with Nekros allies that for some reason enjoy torturing me by using their 4, I hate it when I end up shooting at an enemy only to realize a second later that, oh they're not dieing for some reason, oh they're glowing, it's another fracking Nekros shadow.

Please give us the option to make allied (and hell, maybe even personal) Nekros 4 shadows very transparent, if not invisible.  Diablo has a similar option, because lets face it nobody cares how many skeletons/knife midgets/golems/etc your ally has running around, and it's just distracting.  Same applies here.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

Honestly, this would be an awful decision from a game design perspective. Hiding shadows is basically hiding gameplay information from the player. If Shadows were invisible you'd probably end up shooting them anyways, you just wouldn't be able to tell what was going on half the time.

They're something like ghosts, right? Make them flicker, give them Mirage clones' visual treatment. With much wider radius for disappearing around the crosshairs.

For enemies (or allies with a radiation proc), they could appear as they do now.

I think Nekros need to just pick a better energy color. Mine are usually orange and that has kept me from having this issue. Sorta like how limbos should make a white or black energy when playing with others so people can see through their void bubble

Edited by jalen961
Auto correct on my phone really jacked this up haha

14 minutes ago, jalen961 said:

I think Melrose need to just pick a better energy color. Mine are usually orange and that has kept me from having this issue. Sorta like how limbs should make a white or black energy when playing with others so people can see through their food bubble

You can't pick your teammate's energy color, sir.

5 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

That would be an objectively bad thing to do, actually. If only because, as actual objects with hitboxes, they're treated as allies for your shots. They don't take damage, but block shots. So if you can't see them, then you end up with shots fizzling without explanation. 

6 hours ago, Uthael said:

They're something like ghosts, right? Make them flicker, give them Mirage clones' visual treatment. With much wider radius for disappearing around the crosshairs.

For enemies (or allies with a radiation proc), they could appear as they do now.

They shouldn't substract from punch-through. Problem solved. Bullets can now pass through them.

Edited by Uthael

Mirage's clones aren't entities, all bullets go through them, hence why it's possible they go invisible, they don't interact with the bullets anyway.

So your suggestion is make the ghosts not interact with allied projectiles (like the clones) and be made translucent for them? I'm not sure how desirable that is from a dev standpoint, so I won't judge that.

13 hours ago, SaltyKelong said:

tbh i use Nekros and i tend to shoot my own minions all the time.

I used to use his SoS build and had this prob as well.  I've since moved to a Despoil/Creeping Terrify build using Health Conversion for armor.  Since the FX changes to the shadows, I find it easier to keep an eye on the minimap and the blue ally and red enemy beacons.. Shoot at the red ones :)

Maybe a fix would be to give them an energy outline, but their centers could be transparent.  I have not really had to many issues shooting "through" them; but I rarely have a Nekros who spams #4.  Most of my teammates are of the same mind.. His 4 kinda sucks... No use it.

Think before shoot Op.

DE already give shadow a distinctive skin, including the energy color from the caster and in some cases the augment mod shield of shadow add a Very Distinctive energy line to every shadow. There you have no only one, 3 option to realize what going on in you battle field. This is a war, do you turn off you friend in real life when you playing basketball, or football?

As nekros i have a long gameplay time with the frame and i just know where to shoot maybe because i already get accustom with the mechanic. Maybe you should try to use nekros and other frame to get along with other mechanics. 

xcenic, at any given moment there are an estimated 50,000 particle effects on the screen.  Maybe 50,000,000,000.  It's really hard, and not at ALL fun, to try to find a particular colored particle effect amongst so many when it's already hard enough to try to find enemies' shapes amidst that mess.  Give me a break

Enemies get covered in bright glowing auras from all kinds of power effects, depending on who's in your squad. I think that's why even though Nekros's shadows SHOULD stand out better, it can often be less clear than people might like if that's an allied zombie or just an enemy currently under the effects of some other thing.

23 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

I said it because your post doesn't solve anything.

Sure it does. When players know there is an issue it'll become more common for them to pick better energy colors. That's more likely then this little thread maling a change because cry babies can't aim right. This honestly isn't even a real issue just get better and hope that people are more sensitive to your needs just like people have with limbo.

19 hours ago, jalen961 said:

Sure it does. When players know there is an issue it'll become more common for them to pick better energy colors. That's more likely then this little thread maling a change because cry babies can't aim right. This honestly isn't even a real issue just get better and hope that people are more sensitive to your needs just like people have with limbo.

No it does not. You can't force all of us to pick the most visible color. You don't have the right to do so, and even if someone try to do by find out good color still there are so many players out there. You don't have the authority to force it as well, and no one would. Also I don't know which one would be most visible either.

It is not the problem of the individual users as well; if there is a solution, it is on DE's graphic team.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

If you play Nekros you may pick very unnatural energy color, like darker than black, or pink nekros. So at least poor souls will know "ah this is probably minnion, dont unload magazine into that".

Other option would be to mark ally all minions. You can manually weapoint spectre, so migh as well have option to marke all allies.

Edited by felixsylvaris

16 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

No it does not. You can't force all of us to pick the most visible color. You don't have the right to do so, and even if someone try to do by find out good color still there are so many players out there. You don't have the authority to force it as well, and no one would. Also I don't know which one would be most visible either.

It is not the problem of the individual users as well; if there is a solution, it is on DE's graphic team.

Okay this isn't even an issue. I play with my girlfriend and I mean she used to be awful at this game. Naturally she hates playing with my nekros at first because she had this issue but now she can go 80mins (which Ik isnt the longest time) on survival and never ever has this issue anymore. So im not forcing anyone to do anything and there are alot of options that players could pick for public gameplay. Its not that inconvenient.

With this new wave of noon pity that's entering the game they may change it but it's just plain unnecessary. I'm sorry to say it just get good, Or get over it. Or both.