Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moa Player-controlled / Heist - a new mission, with new gameplay

Umbriellan

Hello,

I was thinking about Fortuna & the upcoming "new pet" that we could customize - the Moa:

warframe-fortuna-moa.png

On one side, I wished there was a gameplay a bit more "espionnage" & on the other side, people were using capture mission in a specific way to stay hours only to farm specific ressources, until a recent "nerf" on that possibility.

And I came up with that: the idea of a Heist, or a Hold-up.

Condition required to access the missions / or / style of gameplay:

Révélation

1- you need to finish the cinematic quest : The War Within

2-get a Moa companion

3-reach a specific rank in Fortuna, maybe ?

4-a "new quest" become accessible -on Fortuna/with the Syndicates ?- telling that in the Corpus Empire's heart, there is banks full of rare materials, but it would be a completly inaccessible zone if a Warframe was detected. You could have the access "if only you would have the form & the immatriculation of something official, like a Moa... but even if it's possible, the machine would be remote controled and they will detect it." / Ordis intervenes in the discussion, saying that there is somekind of a remote-control existing that couldn't be detected and isn't limited be distance : the Transference. Following that, Ordis works on the Moa's schematics to find a way to introduce this possibility, come with a blueprint to do in the foundry.

Once the foundry part done: the transference should work on the Companion. A test is done, the transference is kinda-working, the Operator says it's weird and Ordis detect a malfunction: the Transference is giving too much power for the Moa - resulting, after recalibration, of a Shield-buff, a Damage-buff & a warning from Ordis saying that the Transference should be used carefully because an overload of energy would destroy the machine.

How would it perform  / looks like to play a customized moa ?

Révélation

The mobility would be something in-between of the Operator & the Warframe; the sprint would be faster than the Warframe, but there wouldn't be a double-jump possible (a simple "jump" would still be great enough).

The weaponery is dependent of the one accessible to the standard Moa-companion, but with the buff coming from the Transference making it more suitable against enemies. So we could expect a primary-weapon with a standard-attack& a charged-attack (because it's energy based, so should be possible); we don't know about a secondary weapon for the companion (I suppose it would be a "no" - but we could still imagine one); and the melee (leg-day).

The power/skills: once again, i believe it would be mostly dependent of the Gear equiping the Custominzed-Moa; but we could still think of basic-skills that would be common to every Moa [long-range hacking / enemy-scanner (something like an echolocation)] and for the "ultimate": overload - the Transference is boosting the caracteristics of the Moa (more shield, less time needed to recover the shield, more damages) but the Health will drop, the enemies nearby are alerted and limited in-time + with a long cooldown.

What exactly are the mission "Heist / hold-up" ?

Révélation

The Tenno, in control of the Moa-companion, will infiltrate a Corpus base - find a way to the Vault - get the maximum of materials possible - rush the exit points; simple enough !

"Simple", not really: depending of the difficulty, the Moa will have to pass different checkpoints - so will need to hack each system to have the "access granted" / or / will need to infiltrate without being noticed / or / by slaughtering everyone on the way.

The Vault itself would have different variations, guards / hacking system / ventilations / main-door resistance.

And even each unit that you would encounter, if you get too close & their sight, they might check you - possibily alarming the other if you don't have the authorized access to be there (and being too Flashy won't help too)

-The idea is to keep multiple way of entry & exit; but with a nearly "one try by mission" that required to think about the action plan.

Is this mission for a full-squad ?

For now I imagine only a Solo; but the difficulty could scale with the number of friends/invited (bigger maps / more guards / faster mob-spawning when there is the Alert).

I don't think people should go with randoms in these... but why not I suppose.

Rewards for completing the Heist:

Révélation

-fieldrons;

-oxium (by stacks of hundreds);

-nitain extract;

-electric / magnetic mods for weapons;

-equipments & accessories for the Moa-companion;

+event rewards

In short, the Moa-Player-controled would be something like an advanced mini-game, acceptable by the Story - that could create a bit more of interest from the Player to create/farm their own customized-Moa.

What do you think about it ?

Edited by Umbriellan

1 minute ago, Darkvramp said:

can they make it robust enough to not be just another mini game? i have little confidence they can. actions DE has taken since warframe's inception lead me to this conclusion

I think if they could find a way to incorporate this into the main gameplay of Warframe seamlessly without isolating it as a mini game it might be decent.

Imagine this working alongside Railjack- hack into a MOA aboard the Captial Ship you’re assaulting to aid any other allies that are aboard, or use it to scout ahead and disable security systems before your friends arrive.

Hi,

As this "game mode" is very focused on the Corpus (technology), the Hacking & Espionnage/Sabotage, I thought about different things that could help to have a more "complete experience":

Hacking mechanisms:

Révélation

Lock / Unlocking doors | neutralized alarm (active) - (that's what we already have in-game)

Neutralizing Alarm bell / Surveillance system (camera, lasers, presence detector) - giving more freedom to actions (moving/acting)

Opening Ventilation & Maintenance path - to unlock more way to enter/exit an area

Accessing Data Banks - to unlock a personal access permit

Diversion of energy - to deactivate subsystems, such as lasers, to reroute the energy elsewhere (as the lights - making an overload resulting in flickering: attracting attention); but limited in time.

Failure survival system - to set a trap; in a spaceship (in orbit/space) with windows it would result in the destruction of the window, clearing the room of enemy with a violent blast during few seconds (before enabling the security system - reopening all doors without any alarm).

Equipments:

Révélation

After a successful hack, the player will have the ability to choose one of 3 options:

-execute program immediatly;

-execute program later;

-set a trap.

If the player wants to select the 2nd or the 3rd option, he must have one of the following items (to craft & place in the wheel-items):

Timer - the player will have the ability to select in second the time wanted; a timer would then appear in the HUD with a n° to keep tracks;

Remote controller - here the controller isn't removed of the inventory, but you activate it by equiping it & "use it" - with the ability to select if you want to activate the wanted trap(s) one by one, or in a group (ex: overloading the ventilation-system by draining the lasers, while cutting all powers in the lights giving you the opportunity to pass stealthily a checkpoints, unoticed & without harming anyone).

We could also imagine a pretty "hard to get" easter-egg: a data-bank in the highest difficulty would have the immatriculation of some celebrities (in-game bonus: would grant a total free access of the base, if not showing any sign of aggressivity).

" success unlocked: Nef Anyo's personal MOA " 😝

Edited by Umbriellan

On 2018-09-03 at 4:17 AM, Umbriellan said:

Thanks for the support 🙂

--I tried to do a "cover page" to introduce the idea:

pv0h.jpg

reddit post

-Still "under construction" (and I'm not good with drawings, so it will take times).

What do you think on that ?

Grate love it but if I was to make a suggestion I'd make the bag look more like it's made of energy

A message more about the objectives & the rule Enemies/Players:

I could find only 2 types of Vault:

-Basic Safe:

Révélation

Contains ressources (credits; oxium; nitain; fieldron; ...)

3 possibles variants:

-card swip safe (recquire to loot a keycard to open - a physical item in the map)

-safe with combinaison (recquire the player to know the code - obtainable on specific servers/computer after hack - safe access)

-a safe with both combinaison & keycard needed

-Data bank:

Révélation

Contains datas & cryptomoney (credits [bigger ammount]; mutualist coordinates; mods; ...)

3 possibles variants:

-digital security filters (one or more - require to be successfully hacked before being able to hack the safe itself) - multiple filters means multiple access to said filters (so: multiple players could hack/remove all the digital filters at the same time)

-material security filters (the data-bank is protected by a physical-locker/mechanism that needs to be passed safely - can be unlocked with a keybard - a physical item in the map / or with the weilder-tool - MOA's equipped tool

-a safe with both digital & material securities

All the Safes / Data banks could be forced : the safe with a "drill" (a reddit post was refering to PayDay2 with an "atomos drill" 😄 ) / the Data bank with a datamass (same thing as in the Mobile Defense ordinary mission) to plug-in Ordis.

If the players are trying to force the vaults - an alarm could be activated if (1) the securities weren't deactivated (cameras / electricity of the room); (2) a security-guard hear the noise, check the room & call his boss; (3) a guard is hearing any fireweapon & call his boss.

Nota: once in the bank/vault, multiple rooms (small / big) would contain one or multiple safes. Each room could be independent, or linked to others, in the electrical/security systems (camera, lasers); without taking into account the security guards walking around / commnicating with each others + possible "a customer is here" mini-event.

The difficulty reflects the possible rewards; but an easy safe could be a golden one sometimes (thieves are mostly hunting the biggest fishes; they overlook the small)

In the overall structure of the Vault, i take as reference the Bank in DeusEx Mankind Divided (Palisade Property Bank)

On the Enemies:

Révélation

-No nullifiers

-Oxium Ospreys are in, as drone-guardians (because shiny means "elite" and only the elite could be the security for the expensive things

-If a single Alert is triggered: it cannot be stopped;

-With the alert: a new wave of enemy will spawn from the exit; every minutes - even if the precedent wave hasn't be entirely killed

On the Players:

Révélation

-revives only possible by other players (you won't "ressurect by yourself" ;

-energy will automaticly charge (Operator's like - due to the transference being constantly giving power);

-if down: all the loot on the player will be dropped on the floor - and must be retaken

On the Result:

Révélation

-the end result will be the addition of all the players' loot (meaning: a successful Heist from 1x player will still be lower than an average one from 4x Players);

-if all players are dead : mission failed;

-without alarm - if a safe is opened: the exit point will automatically be unlocked after a countdown of 1 minute ;

-if alarm triggered: the exit point will be unlocked after a countdown (2/3 minutes) to force the player to defend the area (why ? exfiltration will be harder for the Liset due to the activation of the anti-air system.);

-if the alarm is triggered after the exit point being unlock - 1 minute will be added to the countdown;

-if the Liset is at the exit point while the Alert is active: it will have to escape after a countdown of 30sec - with or without the players

-if the Liset run away without any players: Mission Fail (no reward);

-if the Liset run away with MOAs behind: the end-result will be the addition of all the MOAs' loot which successfully escaped.

I'm still working on the concept.. feel free to comment :)

Here is what i came up for the skill-set for the M.O.A. , still working on it - 

Skill n°1 - a tool set (as Vauban's traps & Ivara's arrow), common to all units:

Révélation

1-a) sound analyzer: a sonar to spot nearby enemies (+ if augment ? will spot the lasers)

Allow the player to see enemies through the walls + add their spot on the minimap (the allies will detect them on the minimap only)

1-b) hook /!\ 👀 /!\ : Ivara's cable-style - the cable itself is invisible to the enemy

1-c) long-range hacking: will only target the electronics (Deus Ex Mankind Divided style)

Skill n°2 - I think this slot should be based on the MOA's customization, but I came with one basic CC skill (autodefense) for now:

Révélation

Security breach /!\ 👂 /!\: create a malfunction in the enemy's weaponery (Loky's style) + chance to deactivate for a small ammount of style the Robots 

-as it affect the enemy, will immediatly trigger the ones affected

Skill n°3 - a support tool, common to all units:

Révélation

Maintenance protocole : heal nearby allied MOA within 5 meters

-if activation maintained : the effect will continue, while draining the weapon-energy 

+require to be immobile

Skill n°4 - the "Ultimate" should, as the n°2 be based on the customization,I came with two basics one "glass canon" & one defensive (will always drain the "Operator Energy" gauge):

Révélation

Overcharged /!\👂 👀 /!\ :  the transference will overload the Shield (higher capacity + faster recovery) & the weapon systems (higher damages + faster energy recovery)

-will reduce maximum health

Bunker /!\👂 👀 /!\ : form a solid shield in front of the MOA (Bursa's style) & redirect all the energy in the weapon systems (faster rate of fire + faster weapon-energy recovery)

-make the MOA immobile / making it vulnerable to flank

/!\ 👂 /!\ = can trigger the enemies too close 

/!\ 👀 /!\ = can trigger the enemies if within their sights

For the skills, I want to have something close to what we could expect from the best Corpus innovations; so the gameplay will have truly something different to what we have already; with the customization giving the possibility to go to an Intelligence Spy M.O.A. to a Frontline M.O.A. able to tank an entire squad for sometimes.