Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Original 6 Syndicates could really use a revamp.

Braken

With all these quests and events that focus on the different syndicates, the way they work right now makes very little sense.

For example, if you have a bad reputation with Steel Meridian, and complete the current relay event, they'll still hate you, despite praising your efforts. The same goes for all the others excluding the Arbiters of Hexis (who really could use some lore).

And then there's the bit of dialogue in the current event that reveals that the syndicates are only in the relays because we, the Tenno, are willing to harbor and protect them. Which makes the whole "negative reputation" system make even less sense.

The whole "allied/opposed/enemy" system, I feel, needs to go. As it is now, many of the inter-syndicate relationships don't really make sense.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Edited by Braken

17 minutes ago, Braken said:

As it is now, many of the inter-syndicate relationships don't really make sense.

Steel Meridian: we need to liberate the solar system from the grineer and protect the innocent.

Perrin Sequence: we need to liberate the solar system from the corpus and protect the innocent.

Are mortal enemies

3 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

Steel Meridian: we need to liberate the solar system from the grineer and protect the innocent.

Perrin Sequence: we need to liberate the solar system from the corpus and protect the innocent.

Are mortal enemies

Exactly. Though you could say it's due to old Corpus/Grineer tensions, but that still doesn't make much sense.

Just my opinion, but... if you were treated in the correct way during quests and events, there would be no problem. Steel Meridian hates me, yet they speak so friendly and politely toward me during the current event, makes no sense. They should treat me like 'We wouldn't even talk to you if the situation wasn't so desperate', basically asking for help out of need where they can't afford to ignore that you're the only one capable of doing the job right. What's happening in invasions? You side either with Grineer or Corpus. Corpus is fine, they at least respect money and seek profit, so you can make deal with them, but for Grineer to even form a temporal alliance with you during invasions, totally silly given to fact how every Grineer boss hates Tenno in general.

Syndicates should treat you according to your relationship with them and if the event comes in where you have to help syndicate that's not in love with you, they should ask for help in the way I already mentioned, out of need and desperation and with dislike they even have to do so.

Edited by CoreXCZ

Well if you could get good standing with all the syndicates, much less people would buy syndicate stuff from others. That would affect the amount of platinum people buy, even though it's probably not a big amount. So the enemy system will probably stay.

3 hours ago, Braken said:

Exactly. Though you could say it's due to old Corpus/Grineer tensions, but that still doesn't make much sense.

I tend to think they have a mutual distaste for each other's methods.

The Perrin probably think Steel Meridian is inefficiently fighting a war when they could be spending their energies getting these people into a position where they can reasonably defend themselves.

Meanwhile, Steel Meridian might think that while Ergo is charting out an exquisite new trade route, the Grineer are chewing up colony after colony after colony, and that his solution will not work if they're all dead or under Grineer control.

It's hard to say what kinds of cultural differences they could have beyond that though. It's quite obvious by now the Grineer take a spit-shine approach to getting the job done, but there isn't as much to be seen of the Corpus aside from what their leaders think.

Oh, yeah also I don't think the assassin squads make a lot of sense. Everyone's probably said the same think I'm going to say, so I'll just skip to the suggestion that the original six syndicates become more important later on, and they either assist Tenno aligned with their cause or refuse ones that they're apparently ideologically opposed to.

You might for instance come across Steel Meridian near Cetus, since they're a colony and the Grineer are trying to stomp them out. You might be able to borrow one of their vehicles, ask them to help with a bounty, or maybe take up a job that they offer. They'll either lower the rewards or simply not collaborate if you've been working with Perrin too much. Along the same lines, maybe in Fortuna you notice some Perrin Sequence members that will trade resources for other resources, or you encounter one of their ships while you're doing your thing in Railjack.

Some other things other syndicates could do is secure an area on a level to make it a living nightmare for enemies that enter, or perhaps on an assassination, the Red Veil could storm in during the fight and take off a portion of the boss' health.

Edited by Ventura_Highway