Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas for Titania improvements

AngrySkorpio

Titania is one of my favorite and most used warframes. In my opinion she doesn't need a full rework, but she desperately needs some QOL and mechanics changes to her kit to make her really great and fun. This is not a rework topic, i will not suggest complete change of her abilities, because it is developers work to come up with big changes like that. I just want to share my opinions as a Titania player what i(as well as many others Titania players i think) would like to change to make her more popular and really enjoyable to use.

Overall annoyances:

First big problem is that Titania considered as archwing by game and have all archwing annoyances. It is especially problematic for the Plains of Eidolon, where she supposed to be really good at, thanks to her new augment. But since she is an archwing, it has 2 sides: good(kinda) and really bad. Good is that you actually can do From on High achievement by just flying around and killing enemies in Razorwing mode. This is how i done it actually. Bad is that it makes Titania almost unusable on Plains because every turret and almost every single enemy unit starts shooting rockets at you, even the ones that normally doesn't have rockets. Shooting not your flies, but you and with pinpoint accuracy, oneshoting you in the process at levels higher than 20. And there is basically no countermeasure against that, other then to kill all turrets and enemies from far away as quickly as possible and even then you get random oneshots every once in awhile. I really hope DE can fix that, especially with soon release of Fortuna and Venus open world.

Second is that her cast times, especially on her CC abilities, are horrible. Titania is the only warframe there i use Natural Talent, even thought cast times are usually don't bother me. Cast time on her 3 is simply makes it even more unusable then it is by itself. Even if her 3 was really good, its cast time just gonna make you killed on high levels. DE sped up Kora animations, maybe they can do the same with Titania, at least a bit.

Now to her abilities. Passive: +25% Bullet Jump distance is nice, but it doesn't affect her main mode, Razorwing, as well as main passive, trampoline, which is one of the worst and least usable passives in the game, especially if you playing solo. I think they should change it, similar to Vauban. I don't know what the replacement should be though, maybe something to do with flies sometimes drawing fire from you even then out of Razorwing mode.

1st ability, Spellbind, is actually great for CC and a bit of support with status immunity, but it needs some changes. Most important is that enemies fly away in random directions by themselves and especially if you shoot them, which is hilarious, but makes it really annoying when you want just CC the enemy, especially if you want to melee them. Solution is simple: let CCed enemies stay in one place a little above ground no matter what, similar to Rhino's Stomp. This alone will make this ability good. 

Also, range buff will help a lot. because 5m range is very very little, even with max range and makes you recast ability a ton in order to CC all the enemies you want from different directions, even with CC build. Its even worst in her Razorwing build (unless you'll build for range too, which will hurt her power, since she needs a lot of efficiency as well), it makes her Spellbind affect only a couple of enemies at the time. 10(or at least 8 meters) range i think will greatly buff her viability as CC and support frame with status immunity and will make her 1 more usable in Razorwing.

2nd ability, Tribute, is the worst of her kit and maybe should be replaced. The half of buffs are bad(except for accuracy and speed debuffs), they cap too low and require a lot of energy and recasting. You need to search for the specific enemy type to get specific buff and each enemy can be used only once, making stacking very hard. You also need to pick up soul of the enemy yourself in order to get the buff, which can be tricky to do, especially in large groups of enemies or when in Razorwing mode. Ability can stay and can be good, but only if DE fix all the problems above. If they get rid of soul mechanic and make enemies reusable, make buff cap higher and leave only 2 buffs (all range enemy units can give accuracy debuff and all melee units can give speed debuff, affects all enemies in a range of x meters) then it actually be good and usable.

3rd ability, Lantern, is great on paper but doesn't work in reality because of bad mechanics. It suffers even heavily from enemies flying away, making this ability very inconsistent and hard to control. It works great in one scenario, if target gets stuck low and it becomes one of the best CC in the game and it doesn't work completely the other time. Once again, target should stay midair no matter what. Also, enemies walk towards target too slow, still look at you and not the target and sometimes pacify breaks and they shoot you(probably because they need line of sight with the lantern to be pacified and they constantly look at you, not the target). This also makes basic 20 meter pacify radius(even more with mods) false, since enemies who are not in direct line of sight with the lantern not affected by it. That, or pacify is just broken sometimes.

4th ability, Razorwing, is awesome, its her best ability and one of the most unique and fun abilities in the game. But, it needs some QOL changes. Collision damage and stagger on impact shouldn't be a thing, but i think they already doing that. Also, since its an archwing, sentinel gets disabled and as a result you should basically dive bomb the ground in order to pick up energy and other things. So, innate vacuum(about 10 meters i guess) in Razorwing mode should also be a thing, its one of the most requested features for Titania in forever. Most important feature however, at least for me, would be increasing survivability of your drones in Razorwing mode. They are awesome, they draw aggro from you and enemies tend to shoot them first and only then you. The problem with them is that they die too quickly on high levels, in a couple of seconds even and where is no way to respawn them, except to re enter Razorwing, which puts you at risk and a waste of time and energy. But without them Titania can't survive very well since she is fragile and doesn't have any defensive abilities. So if drones are dead, so are you on high levels if you dont recast ability and 50% evasion doesn't help at all. My suggestion: take away drone damage and make them invulnerable or at least make them scale with enemy levels. Or make them respawn every 5 seconds. Basically give them very high survivability and take away damage. Their damage is very low anyway, so it won't matter much, but increased drone defense will matter a lot for Titania herself and will make playing as her much less stressful and more fun, without having to worry constantly about drones and getting killed in a couple of shots if all drones are dead. You can also do that so number of drones will depend on your power strength, with 3 drones at 100%, 6 at 200% and so on to compensate for their invulnerability.

Also, Divata can use some buffs to encourage players use melee more often, but maybe it will come with melee 3.0 

Overall, Titania has potential to be one of the best damage/CC hybrid warframes in the game, she just needs some tweaks. I really hope that DE will remember someday that she exist and implement these changes (or at least most important ones). Maybe not now, but with release Titania Deluxe skin they teased on Tennocon 2018 for example, i don't know. She needs bigger changes, not just minor tweaks like collision damage removal for example. Anyway, thanks for reading everyone. I hope DE stuff will read this too, i doubt that will ever happen though lol.

I think 10m vacuum would be bad, because you'd hoover up all energy drops immediately - because you're always burning energy in Razorwing you'd always pick them up, even if they only gave you 1 energy.

I'd make he vacuum about 1.5m

As for the rest mostly agree - diwata needs to be high crit chance and mult (as Dex Pixia is status) for balance, and tribute is useless.

Razorflies should just constantly respawn, over around double Razorwing's casting time

This all sounds about right to me.

I would say remove Tribute and replace it with "Razorfly". This would let razorflies be used outside of Razorwing, improving Titania's survivability when not flying, and let you refresh them when you are flying. This would also open up the option of augmenting the flies separately.

I would also like at least a few pet/companion mods to keep working in Razorwing mode. Vacuum and Animal Instinct at the very least. If you don't want vacuum, don't install the mod, or just bring a Kavat. Or install a lower rank to control the range.

Letting me interact with consoles while flying would also be great.

Edited by Llamatronian

4 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I think 10m vacuum would be bad, because you'd hoover up all energy drops immediately - because you're always burning energy in Razorwing you'd always pick them up, even if they only gave you 1 energy.

I'd make he vacuum about 1.5m

As for the rest mostly agree - diwata needs to be high crit chance and mult (as Dex Pixia is status) for balance, and tribute is useless.

Razorflies should just constantly respawn, over around double Razorwing's casting time

Agree with this the most.  Thought she already had some form of small vacuum though, seemed sufficient to grab orbs in midair from dropship kills.

Regarding Razorwing, Titania desperately needs the ability to drop into operator mode directly from Razorwing.  Picking up team mates and losing a fresh stack of Blitz hurts.  Or having to interact with an objective, pick up an Ayatan or use a doorway.  Or shooting Sentients/Eidolons with the Operator.  Or wanting to dodge a Vruush on PoE or a Bombard missile.

For Lantern it needs to be ground target-able and staple itself to the ground.

Tribute's upkeep once you get it going is fantastic if you're focusing soley on Dust.  If you're a newer player and trying to get the stacks up ASAP or reviving from death and low on energy then it is very cost prohibitive.  Maybe it should reduce in cost for each buff you have up and running?  Eventually becoming free and an engine for Blitz if you summon the Exodia of all 4 buffs!  (Also increase the effects of the more useless buffs by at least 25-50%)

I agree with most of what you've said, except the passive.

Titania's passive is in my opinion one of the best mobility passives ever. Whenever I switch from titania to other warframes I immediatly notice how slower I am. The fact I got an increassed bullet jump with titania makes her feel much faster in terms of mobility... removing it would be a great loss for titania. However, I do agree that titania could indeed have a 2nd passive while in razorwing, cause her current passive does not work with her 4th.

Lantern: Needs to be it's own creation, not affect an enemy. It has multiple problems, such as your own razorflies attack it, and other AI also attack it, plus unreliability in placement because you're relying on the position of the enemy. This is the biggest problem for me with Titania. Let her create her own Lantern.

Thats a good suggestion, Wolfchild07. For some reason i didn't think of that. This is a good alternative for fixing her Lantern.

Btw, devildevil21, i wasn't suggesting to change her +25% Bullet jump passive, i really like that too. I was taking about her main passive, trampoline on the ground after you jump. Its one of the worst passives and useless in both forms, normal one and Razorwing, especially then playing solo.

Also, 10m vacuum was just for example. I just stated that she need at least some sort of vacuum while in Razorwing, be it 2m or 5m or 10m. Range on it is for developers to decide.

Interacting with elevators and consoles while in Razorwing mode would be a great addition too, i don't know if thats possible though, being an archwing and all that.

I love and play too much Titania for my own good.

Overall Gripes:

Spoiler
  1. Lack of companions
  2. Lack of environment interaction (consoles and such)
  3. Lack of Operator interactions

It was probably easier to make her this way, but it really makes her feel kind of stale since Razorwing is her bread and butter.

Passive: 
I agree that there's an issue with the trampoline portion of this ability not being useful in Razorwing or solo overall. I think simply giving her increased cast speed while airborne is a good alternative, since that's technically the case for Razorwing (dear god, never try to cast that on the ground lol)

Ability 1 (Spellbind): 

1. You hit the nail on the head with your suggestion to just suspend enemies, but let's not forget to fix the terrible targeting mechanic of this ability. 
  2. Also increasing cast distance/ affect range in razorwing would be GREAT.

Ability 2 (Tribute):

1. "RNG" buffs are poor abilities, even if you reduce it to two enemy types there's no way to choose one over the other
  2. As a frame that seems to lean toward distanced gameplay....you have to run into these to get the buff (5 times to cap the buff)..it still baffles me to this day

I would prefer the "souls" tribute makes to be an extra target that allows Titania to deal a portion of damage to all targets affected by spellbind and when the spirit dies:

• Enemies are affected by a status explosion (impact) that could change if the tribute target was affected by spellbind (blast), lantern (radiation), or both.
  • Allies get a (consistent) buff whether they are in range of the spirt or Titania; Titania gets the buff regardless of range and spawns more Razorflies (to a cap)

***NOTE: it's possible for them to give her multiple tribute buffs on a cycle like Ivara's Quiver, but they would have to be significantly better than what tribute currently offers and really all she needs is survivability (which she can get from Razorfly count, Tribute Buff, or Diwata stacking)

Ability 3 (Lantern):

• It's probably for the best that this just be a placement or at the very least make it cast-able on allies to give some form of control on the Mesmerize.
  • I feel that this should have an increased effect radius when affected by spellbind.

Ability 4 (Razorwing):

I think you hit most of the problems with this ability.

• Razorwings should scale with Titania's stats and power strength (and also respawn)
  • Slamming into floors to get pickups is a little clunky, a minor vacuum would do wonders.
  • Diwata...needs a purpose more than a buff, due to the nature of evasion Diwata is near unusable even if it was a strong melee Titania's playstyle clashes HARD.
    • It's possible to make tribute give her unlimited ammo (briefly) or survivability (either true evasion or DR) when destroyed with Dex Pixia and Diwata respectively.
    • It's possible to have tribute just give survivability (period: be it true evasion or DR) and have Diwata spread spellbind and/or spawn razorflies
Edited by Synpai