Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The state of end game

(PSN)thatsmybigtoe

Howdie Peeps 

I am very sure that this is a very debated topic, but I thought I would add my two cents on this. Let me start by saying this game is amazing, I love it and I have hours and hours of things to do. Heres the thing though, wheres the content for end game? Now I know there is no real defined end game, which in very many respects to you endurance runners, fashion framers and collectors, the kernel of the problem. I just want to understand why a game which is notoriously difficult for new players to get into, is geared difficulty wise, towards newer players. 

I mean lets be honest, the real end game as it stands is endurance (no offence to the fashion framers.) But sadly, its not very rewarding and saying you did a 8 hour run really gives you nothing more than a thumbs up and a well done. If a DE community manager happens upon this post, please let me know what is happening with content for playing against hordes of challenging enemies relating in amazing rewards that you want to grind hours and hours for. 

Yes fortuna is coming out, yes higher end alerts are coming out, but this isnt really end game in my opinion. What happened to an entire tileset geared towards end game, what happened to atheistic items geared towards end game and maybe even mods that are challenging to get, not because of RNG but because of the content difficulty scaling. 

In my opinion its already there, with some players fighting level 1000 enemies, so why the heck arent these enemies in the game, without the 8 hour investment and some resources for finishing it? can any players share their thoughts on the matter?

Just now, Walkampf said:

To many bugs for content play by to few players.

Yep, but was playable actually and 99% were easily preventable or fixable once you get affected from one. The Raid School Bus (which does still exist and was for teaching new players into Trials in Warframe) also had over 10K Members on that Discord Server before removal of Trials and was also the second biggest Warframe Discord if I am not wrong. Besides being End Game it had also competitive Speedrunning Communities for them but I dont wanna get out of the point.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)thatsmybigtoe:

But then surely replace it with something else, wasnt dark sectors a thing too and that was also removed 

What do you expect them to do?

Wave their magic wands around for a few seconds and then they made a new mode from scratch?

Get reasonable....

Just now, --Q--Animan8000 said:

Yep, but was playable actually and 99% were easily preventable or fixable once you get affected from one. The Raid School Bus (which does still exist and was for teaching new players into Trials in Warframe) also had over 10K Members on that Discord Server before removal of Trials and was also the second biggest Warframe Discord if I am not wrong. Besides being End Game it had also competitive Speedrunning Communities for them but I dont wanna get out of the point.

Thats really sad, surely they could pull together raids or like I said, do something thats replacing the content

Just now, --Q--Animan8000 said:

Thats really sad, surely they could pull together raids or like I said, do something thats replacing the content

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

Wave their magic wands around for a few seconds and then they made a new mode from scratch?

Get reasonable....

No really no, but some consideration has to be placed into it 

Fortuna will be make or break for signaling whether DE envisions retaining advanced players. If it is a POE rehash that tries to include players of all levels, it will be obvious that there will never be any kind of meaningful "endgame" in WF, and that they'd just as soon vet players move on once the game is mastered.

3 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Get reasonable....

Also with that being said, I think games modes are easy to do under the current infrastructure of the game. I think a new tileset would be just as relative to create. Its very reasonable to consider. they creating another open world in a game previously considered to be a corridor shooter. So if they can do that, they can do end game

1 minute ago, Buttaface said:

Fortuna will be make or break for signaling whether DE envisions retaining advanced players. If it is a POE rehash that tries to include players of all levels, it will be obvious that there will never be any kind of meaningful "endgame" in WF, and that they'd just as soon vet players move on once the game is mastered.

This is what I am thinking and something tells me it might just as well be the "include all players" ideal. If there is a focus on it being endgame, it would have been noted as much.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)thatsmybigtoe:

Also with that being said, I think games modes are easy to do under the current infrastructure of the game.

And that's pretty much the reason, why you are not working as a game developer, or really any kind of software developer.

2 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

And that's pretty much the reason, why you are not working as a game developer, or really any kind of software developer.

And that's pretty much the reason why you are not working in any field that requires an understanding of the broader software industry full of contractors all over the world who can quickly produce turnkey, modular content on demand for games or pretty much any other preexisting software. In all likelihood that's already where DE buys its content.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

I think games modes are easy to do under the current infrastructure of the game.

Please demonstrate this by creating one now. Do a video tutorial of how long it took, and how easy it was, and maybe DE will sign you on as a Stage Designer. If you can manage this, then maybe the rest of us can get more quality content at a faster rate.

2 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Get reasonable....

To be fair, most of the updates in recent months has been focused on shoving as many new things into the existing game as possible. Very little focus on......anything outside of that. 

It would be nice if, at one point after fortuna and the waterfall of hotfixes, they take a few months (i don't expect it to be quick, obviously) to dedicate to coming up with a way to keep older players, instead of adding another couple level 40 star chart missions with gimmicks the general population doesn't like for more than 2 weeks. 

I'm not saying they should drop everything and cater to vets immediately, but there hasn't been anything geared towards the higher level players since Index. And that hardly qualifies because any mook can do that with Ash and a CL dagger. 

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

Please demonstrate this by creating one now. Do a video tutorial of how long it took, and how easy it was, and maybe DE will sign you on as a Stage Designer. If you can manage this, then maybe the rest of us can get more quality content at a faster rate.

hahaahaha get over yourself man, the game currently has 22 unique tilesets of varying level difficulty. So replicating the data, faction and mission types with a higher level cap isnt something a high end developer is capable of, please use your common sense. Also I am doing this for the benefit of the game. 

4 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

And that's pretty much the reason why you are not working in any field that requires an understanding of the broader software industry full of contractors all over the world who can quickly produce turnkey, modular content on demand for games or pretty much any other preexisting software. In all likelihood that's already where DE buys its content.

Amen brother

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Where do you think things like Lunaro and Framefighter originate (not necessarily those things specifically, as I don't know the specifics, but lots of similar plug-in content)? They are -pitched- and -sold- by -contractors- to developers.

Just now, (PS4)thatsmybigtoe said:

hahaahaha get over yourself man, the game currently has 22 unique tilesets of varying level difficulty. So replicating the data, faction and mission types with a higher level cap isnt something a high end developer is capable of, please use your common sense. Also I am doing this for the benefit of the game. 

I'm serious. Have you noticed that some of our best graphics, designs, and fashion frame come not from original DE staff, but from Tennogen Artist? Artist who worked, showed off their skill, and got hired on FOR that skill? Prove your point with Action, not hollow words, and maybe you can get yourself hired on to give the Player Community the Content you yourself desire.

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I'm serious. Have you noticed that some of our best graphics, designs, and fashion frame come not from original DE staff, but from Tennogen Artist? Artist who worked, showed off their skill, and got hired on FOR that skill? Prove your point with Action, not hollow words, and maybe you can get yourself hired on to give the Player Community the Content you yourself desire.

The fallacy you are engaging in is analogous to telling someone on a restaurant review site complaining about a bad steak  that they have no grounds for complaint until they go and raise and butcher their own cow.

[Suggestion] for end game, once a planet is fully completed (or the whole system) we get the sortie lvl variant of the planet and the option to choose between low lvl and high lvl variants (kinda like borderlands 2 system). this would make the game at the very least more enjoyable for people that want to meet sortie lvl mobs outside of sorties. Or the option to choose to get x4 spawns while in solo mode, that would also be a great idea for them vets that just want to bring forth destruction and genocide upon them twinkling greneers.

Just now, Tangent-Valley said:

Dude, with all due respect, I am not sure what you on about. I am talking about creating end game content for veterans and have a goal for a low to mid tier player to aspire too. The reason why DE is using skins by other artists is because of 2 reasons. 1. they completely out of creative ideas 2. this is the most likely option, they want to create an inclusive community, which they have. I am talking about creating endgame using their current structures. They very happy to pay me a consulting fee on repairing the state of their end game. But its likely to be rejected by players such as yourself, who dont want to see an end game happen. because they not available to their favourite game being criticised. 

1 minute ago, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

[Suggestion] for end game, once a planet is fully completed (or the whole system) we get the sortie lvl variant of the planet and the option to choose between low lvl and high lvl variants (kinda like borderlands 2 system). this would make the game at the very least more enjoyable for people that want to meet sortie lvl mobs outside of sorties. Or the option to choose to get x4 spawns while in solo mode, that would also be a great idea for them vets that just want to bring forth destruction and genocide upon them twinkling greneers.

Dude this is a lit idea