Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too many noobs in Maroo`s bazar (Please make trading a better experince)

(PSN)Mrseany247

I love this game to bits and since I started playing it 2 months ago I`ve played no other game since however I feel there can be quite a few improvements that I think can be easily fixed. One of the main problems is with trading imo. 

There are too many noobs in the trading area. Now I have no problem with this, however the European server is pretty much dead (there are max 3 rooms open and most times only the 1st room is actually busy) I believe this is because there are too many people that don't know how to make plat and so give up and never go back to trading. There are several key problems that noobs seem to do on a constant basis all of which imo can be easily fixed and make trading a better experience for all players.

1. Too many noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons eg. fang prime set. 

- cause they sit for hours this takes up space for other players who could have otherwise actually spent trading with people. It also disheartens the noobs cause they sit for hours and cant understand why no one is trading with them. (a majority continue to ignore my advice, believing they will eventually sell it if they wait long enough xD)

2. Too many players asking to buy untradeable items such as non prime Warframe parts and untradeable resources such as argon crystals xD

- I`ve seen many players that are decently high mr asking for this as well as noobs. 

3. The only people with plat are the ones selling (mostly in EU servers)

- This is because most new players don't buy plat so cant buy items and because they don't know how to make plat there's hardly any actual trades happening in the EU servers. 

The reason this is, is because the game doesn't tell you what to do and you have to figure it out on your own. Now I love that about the game but I think there really needs to be an exception to this. Something need to be done to ease people into trading. IMO there are several ways this can be done.

- Currently the mr required to trade is 2. By increasing the mr required to trade maybe to like 5 or 6 it forces people to actually play the game and understand it (in turn meaning they will know what are rarer items and even have decent stuff to trade)

- Have a mission that is a requirement to progress in the game, which teaches you the basics of trading. For example the first time you meet Maroo at the bazar you have to do a kind of walkthrough tutorial/practice trade where she tells you, you can`t trade most resources, non prime parts etc. and shows you how to insert parts and clear slots. Maybe even tell you that rarer items sell for more etc and where noobs can get relics and open them. As well as use the chat (this is another big one I didn't include in the list but many noobs just leave after they see nothing is being put up in the slots cause they don't know the person is messaging in the chat so they go around and do the exact same thing to everyone in the bazar. And you cant tell them to look at the chat... because they don't know its there lol xD)

These are just some examples but I`m sure that implementing these or something similar will get trading back to what it should be and make it a better experience for all players.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

I love this game to bits and since I started playing it 2 months ago I`ve played no other game since however I feel there can be quite a few improvements that I think can be easily fixed. One of the main problems is with trading imo. 

There are too many noobs in the trading area. Now I have no problem with this, however the European server is pretty much dead (there are max 3 rooms open and most times only the 1st room is actually busy) I believe this is because there are too many people that don't know how to make plat and so give up and never go back to trading. There are several key problems that noobs seem to do on a constant basis all of which imo can be easily fixed and make trading a better experience for all players.

1. Too many noobs sitting for hours selling ayatan stars, common mods and low tier weapons eg. fang prime set. 

- cause they sit for hours this takes up space for other players who could have otherwise actually spent trading with people. It also disheartens the noobs cause they sit for hours and cant understand why no one is trading with them. (a majority continue to ignore my advice, believing they will eventually sell it if they wait long enough xD)

2. Too many players asking to buy untradeable items such as non prime Warframe parts and untradeable resources such as argon crystals xD

- I`ve seen many players that are decently high mr asking for this as well as noobs. 

3. The only people with plat are the ones selling (mostly in EU servers)

- This is because most new players don't buy plat so cant buy items and because they don't know how to make plat there's hardly any actual trades happening in the EU servers. 

The reason this is, is because the game doesn't tell you what to do and you have to figure it out on your own. Now I love that about the game but I think there really needs to be an exception to this. Something need to be done to ease people into trading. IMO there are several ways this can be done.

- Currently the mr required to trade is 2. By increasing the mr required to trade maybe to like 5 or 6 it forces people to actually play the game and understand it (in turn meaning they will know what are rarer items and even have decent stuff to trade)

- Have a mission that is a requirement to progress in the game, which teaches you the basics of trading. For example the first time you meet Maroo at the bazar you have to do a kind of walkthrough tutorial/practice trade where she tells you, you can`t trade most resources, non prime parts etc. and shows you how to insert parts and clear slots. Maybe even tell you that rarer items sell for more etc and where noobs can get relics and open them. As well as use the chat (this is another big one I didn't include in the list but many noobs just leave after they see nothing is being put up in the slots cause they don't know the person is messaging in the chat so they go around and do the exact same thing to everyone in the bazar. And you cant tell them to look at the chat... because they don't know its there lol xD)

These are just some examples but I`m sure that implementing these or something similar will get trading back to what it should be and make it a better experience for all players.

Use warframe.market and semlar.com instead, the warframe community made some awesome things that make trading easier than ever. If DE doesn't do something usually the community does and DE lets us which is nice. Call it a compromise.

P.S. 2 months of playtime? you're a noob, which is fine, it means you still have a lot to learn. Have patience and learn the game and the community. (in warframu everyone under mr 16 is considered somewhat of a noob, even some above mr 20)

Edited by Ryk_the_Wizard

All players have the privilege of trading any of their wares at Maroo’s. If they want to post up their Ammo Drum mods for sale, they have just as much a right to do it as I do selling my Arcane Helmets. You use the term “noobs” a bit too much for someone who says they have only been playing for two months. Not saying anyone truly deserves the term, but you are far from veteran status.

Use trade chat if you don’t like that relay. I try to help any player I see trying to buy untradeable items by informing them. Our GotL should be helping picking up that task of informing those oblivious players. I’m sure they are in PM, but we never see it in chat.

1 hour ago, Buttaface said:

Maroo's was a sad, failed bandaid for what WF desperately needs, an auction house of some sort, with whatever limits are needed/required on that.

Nah, maroo is a gimmick to introduce newbies to trading, by the time you join a clan and learn the game a bit you will learn of the unofficial sites that fill in the "trading" gap better than an official proxy ever would. WF does not need  a trading system, the community made sure of that and this is why warframe's community is purely awesome, it is filled with smart and talented people.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

Currently the mr required to trade is 2. By increasing the mr required to trade maybe to like 5 or 6 it forces people to actually play the game and understand it (in turn meaning they will know what are rarer items and even have decent stuff to trade)

I hope you are trolling. New players need to get slots, so they really need plat. Making trading unavailable to them seems super bad for the new player experience.

3 hours ago, (PS4)mwalters33 said:

Use trade chat with filters and you'll have much better luck than sitting at Maroo's for hours.

3 hours ago, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

Use warframe.market and semlar.com instead, the warframe community made some awesome things that make trading easier than ever. If DE doesn't do something usually the community does and DE lets us which is nice. Call it a compromise.

P.S. 2 months of playtime? you're a noob, which is fine, it means you still have a lot to learn. Have patience and learn the game and the community. (in warframu everyone under mr 16 is considered somewhat of a noob, even some above mr 20)

3 hours ago, Kialandi said:

Wait, someone still uses Maroo's bazaar?

I personally myself don't spend hours in Maroo`s I use the trade chat constantly and also use Warframe market. However I do use Maroo`s a couple of times a day when I`m trying to sell stuff It provides an additional way to get plat or trade for stuff. When I`m there I always see so many noobs struggle which is why I made this post.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

@(PS4)Mrseany247 You do know that in these Forums when you refer to less experienced players as "Noobs" you are actually talking about your self?

3 hours ago, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

You do realise a noob is someone who Is inexperienced its not always how long you've played the game for. I`ve learned a lot from a friend who has played the game for years. I have seen many trash players mr 20 and up so mr is just a way of showing how much you've played the game not actual skill. I was referring to people that have obviously just started the game and have no idea what they are doing and are inexperienced. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

You do realise a noob is someone who Is inexperienced its not always how long you've played the game for. I`ve learned a lot from a friend who has played the game for years. I have seen many trash players mr 20 and up so mr is just a way of showing how much you've played the game not actual skill. I was referring to people that have obviously just started the game and have no idea what they are doing and are inexperienced. 

Yeah, and what exactly stops you from sharing advice and teaching them, if they annoy you so much? You were a noob once, you got taught how to do stuff, pass that knowledge on to the new crop of noobs, and they will do better.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, and what exactly stops you from sharing advice and teaching them, if they annoy you so much? You were a noob once, you got taught how to do stuff, pass that knowledge on to the new crop of noobs, and they will do better.

I do that constantly I`m always helping players that look like they need help or ask me stuff. If you actually read my full post you would realise I mentioned that many people just ignore my help because they don't understand they are selling trash. Like I mentioned as well some of them don't even realise that I messaged them cause they are so new they don't even know they are being messaged (They don't see the chat come up or think its just the trade/regional chat)

1 hour ago, Oru5732 said:

I hope you are trolling. New players need to get slots, so they really need plat. Making trading unavailable to them seems super bad for the new player experience.

Yeh I get that man. I`ve been rethinking it a bit myself recently because obviously it isn't ideal and can be quite annoying for noob players that want to trade. However at the same time many of them wont actually make any plat because the stuff they are selling no one wants.

It was also just a suggestion as well maybe it could be lowered to mr 4 or something or Maybe DE or someone else can come up with a better solution. 

There could be one potential solution, though I have no idea if it would be practical for DE to make: Create a sort of "stock graph" for players. basically whenever a certain item is traded, the amount of platinum used in the trade is recorded and added to an average. By doing this, newer players would have a general idea of how much certain items go for simply by pulling up the graph.

Of course there would be multiple issues to this: The model would have to factor out free/low cost trades done between friends. People could also troll by trading at excessively high prices just to throw off the average. And of course there is the issue on DE's part with the task of somehow programming this system, making it stable, and preventing it from clogging the servers with countless data packets.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mrseany247 said:

You are still using maroo for trades instead of warframe.market, semlar.com, wftrader.com... sorry but you are a noob... no matter how much that friend of yours taught you (and he is a noob as well since he didn't know to mention the sites)... i have seen many noobs at mr 20+ aswell, however in 2 months you can't know everything about the game which is painfully proven by your main post. Usually by mr 16 people get a grasp on 80%-90% of knowledge. New ppl that start the game will eventually join a clan and discover the sites/means of trading. You found out about them from me (i doubt anyone mentioned the sites to you before because if they would have your post would not exist) take the info with you and you're welcome, pass it along to other new players. And if you need info ask people (general chat is the best, or the warframe discord server), they will usually give you the requested info. If you had asked in general "what are the means of trading other than trade chat and maroo?" quite a handful would have answered with those sites.

1 Yes you are a noob, it's not an insult, it's a measurement of your ingame skill and knowledge (which is lacking, conclusion drawn from your post).

2 Yes there are people with over 3000h that still are noobs, that is perfectly fine, not every player needs to be a master of the game.

3 No, warframe is not for people that just want everything handed to them on a golden platter.

4 Google stuff, it usually yields the best results... just googling "warframe trading site" gave me warframe.market as first link.

5 The wiki is especially packed with info on the game, use it and abuse it.

6 If you meet new players that need knowledge help them out, even if you're being a Dpolarity about it, they might still appreciate it.

Edited by Ryk_the_Wizard

I don't see why there can't be an auction style room in relays. Any player could just deposit what they want to sell with a reserve plat price and just let it run for a week or 3 days. Then anyone that wanted to buy could just do so and leave plat in auction house waiting to be collected by vendor when next logged on. Its simple enough concept I've seen on many other MMOs

4 minutes ago, WaylanderG said:

I don't see why there can't be an auction style room in relays. Any player could just deposit what they want to sell with a reserve plat price and just let it run for a week or 3 days. Then anyone that wanted to buy could just do so and leave plat in auction house waiting to be collected by vendor when next logged on. Its simple enough concept I've seen on many other MMOs

problem is warframe is a mmolite mostly based on localhosting, an auction system that connects every server would be extremely complicated and resource wasteful... keep in mind that whenever void trader comes to a relay DE has to put up a lot of smaller servers (those servers are hosted by DE while everything else is hosted by players), and since the player count is capped per server rather low it would just be too inefficient of a system to be worth it (considering that a very limited number of players would see your shop/auction) while warframe.market connects all servers, all players, all regions.

2 hours ago, Ryk_the_Wizard said:

You are still using maroo for trades instead of warframe.market, semlar.com, wftrader.com... sorry but you are a noob... no matter how much that friend of yours taught you (and he is a noob as well since he didn't know to mention the sites)... i have seen many noobs at mr 20+ aswell, however in 2 months you can't know everything about the game which is painfully proven by your main post. Usually by mr 16 people get a grasp on 80%-90% of knowledge. New ppl that start the game will eventually join a clan and discover the sites/means of trading. You found out about them from me (i doubt anyone mentioned the sites to you before because if they would have your post would not exist) take the info with you and you're welcome, pass it along to other new players. And if you need info ask people (general chat is the best, or the warframe discord server), they will usually give you the requested info. If you had asked in general "what are the means of trading other than trade chat and maroo?" quite a handful would have answered with those sites.

1 Yes you are a noob, it's not an insult, it's a measurement of your ingame skill and knowledge (which is lacking, conclusion drawn from your post).

2 Yes there are people with over 3000h that still are noobs, that is perfectly fine, not every player needs to be a master of the game.

3 No, warframe is not for people that just want everything handed to them on a golden platter.

4 Google stuff, it usually yields the best results... just googling "warframe trading site" gave me warframe.market as first link.

5 The wiki is especially packed with info on the game, use it and abuse it.

6 If you meet new players that need knowledge help them out, even if you're being a Dpolarity about it, they might still appreciate it.

Lol wtf are you on about xD. You clearly didn't read any of these posts. 

1. At no point did I say I only use maroo`s 

2. I mentioned in reply to other comments that I use the trade chat and warframe market on a constant basis. I also use the likes of riven market and other riven sites. 

3. I use the wikia also to constantly gain more info on abilities, warframes and where to get certain items

4. Yet again in response to previous comments I mentioned that I constantly help out new players in fact that's pretty much the only thing I do when I use the European maroons because its pretty much untradeable for people that are wanting to do serious selling. 

I wouldn't care if I was a noob it doesn't even matter anyways but I don't know why you feel like you need to label me one xD talking and assuming that I know nothing because I mentioned that I had only played the game 2 months